Maya Feature requests (1 Viewer)

J

joostzilla

Please let us know your ideas and/or feature requests.

We are open to any suggestion that could improve Maya.

:D

kgk

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Gratz on getting into the popular skins section. This skin really deserves to be here .

I know this is a re-post. But maybe it got lost in the original maya thread .

I do have just one small request to you guys , which I think would help out a lot of users who use download subs feature from within MY-TVSeries . Is it possible to display the real file-name of the episode somewhere ( lower-left corner beneath the episode thumbnail ) ? . This way it will be much much easier for users to choose the correct release of the subs.

Thank you again guys for all the time and effort you have put into this skin so far.

toertchn

Portal Member
January 5, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
it would be nice to get an additional my videos skin file (like selection big/small fonts) to also see imdb infos in listview - like tvseries episode view? afaik StreamedMP display this info in video view.

thx

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya Feature requests

it would be nice to get an additional my videos skin file (like selection big/small fonts) to also see imdb infos in listview - like tvseries episode view? afaik StreamedMP display this info in video view.

thx

imdb infos are available in database view. Is it this what you mean?

toertchn

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: Maya Feature requests

thx

imdb infos are available in database view. Is it this what you mean?

seems so - but also in folder view (like attachement). I also searched in mp-source. An icon that infos are available should be enougth - but MP doesn't set any var like #indatabase

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      588.9 KB

sPiel

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been making some major changes to my copy of Maya to make it fit on my 4:3 (small 21") screen, and it's working well. I'll probably post my mods at some point in case anyone else in the world still has a 4:3 TV.

I've also heavily modified the basichome screen (submenus fly out to the right, clock, no shutdown menu etc). What I would love is to be able to use enter on the remote to open the submenus rather than an arrow key.

Is this doable within the basichome xml file?

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    I would like to see options in the plugin to add more lines to following:

- MyRecordings
    - TVGuide (10 Lines)
    - MiniGuide (10 Lines)

Also an option to remove the preview window from MyRecordings and replace it with the show description. This will allow the amount of recordings to be increased by utilising the entire Right hand side. The reason for removing the preview window is when you use a multiseat setup the preview window doesn't work.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It would be nice that you could set the number of rows of the guide in the config.

Zapp

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    South-West
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I just love this skin. It's bright and 'easy on the eye', in short it's a happy shiny skin that even my kids like.

My watching position is approx. 5 meters from a 42" plasma, just so that you get the feel for how I look at the world, or in this case the screen, which might be the same, well... anyway...

I don't use the basichome so I missed some things in the MyHome.xml like weather information and the shy clock that I found hiding behind the RSS ticker. I also can't stay without the clock in more or less all the screens the is for television, I'd like it to be pressent at all times and preferably in the same place, which can be a bit of a problem, but still.

The miniTVguide is far to small so I changed mine to 10 rows of information (you should realy split up the background image for the miniTVguide in a top and a bottom section, would be much easier to make it the size you like).

I bet that you without any problems can squeeze in 2 or maby 3 more rows in the TVguide too without cluttering the screen to much.

I do like the REC icon that showed up in the top left corner but I do have to say that the latest StreamMP that use a pulsing red icon is just so cool. A combination of the Maya REC background and a pulsating red dot would be realy nice.

So far my 'home made' changes are:
    Weather icon, temprature and condition in upper right corner on MyHome with some nice delay and fade-in effect to it.
    Bigger RSS field and text on the bottom of the MyHome screen.
    Unhide the clock in the MyHome screen.
    Almost changed all of the miniTVguide to 10 rows (missing the bottom part of teh background).

I'd love to post some screenshots if I only knew how to make them from MP!

Will my ideas be considered for the 'real' Maya skin or will I have to 'mod' my own copy of Maya every time there is a new release.

Anyone want my xml files?

I do look forward to the next release of Maya and by the way I can't realy make heads nor tails of the trunk repository over at googlecode, is everything realy there or are som files left out?

/Jonas...

EDIT: Found out about the magic F11 key so here it goes.
    225727.png

225749.png

No real reason to put my xmls here since there is a new version out. I'll see if there is anything that I change in that and get back if so.

Users who are viewing this thread