Media Center Remote and XP Pro (1 Viewer)

spartan8103

February 5, 2006
I want to get a MCE remote, but I do not want to have to get Windows XP MCE in order to use it. All the remotes I saw said that it requires XP MCE. Is there a way around this?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I just wanted to say that I am GLAD to see Smirnuff posting in the forums again. I miss all the posts that were direct to the point... and most of the time, made me laugh. Thanks for all your hard work on this project... and yes... we do remember!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Smirnuff is great and I always like his comments. <grin> No matter how old he thinks he is. </grin>

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
    I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
    Replies
    Views
    You don't need a Windows account. You can also remove the login password so that the PC is always logged in the same way. Makes sense at an HTPC because you don't have to connect a mouse and keyboard. ------------------------- Du benötigst kein Windows Account. Ebenso kannst Du das Anmelde Passwort entfernen so das der PC immer...
    You don't need a Windows account. You can also remove the login password so that the PC is always logged in the same way. Makes...
    Before i install MediaPortal2 I read the system information . It says: Setup your system to auto-logon when Windows starts. My...
    Replies
    Views
    I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and upload the log files afterwards. Maybe @Brownard can see something and a solution can be found. Please open a thread in the OnlineVideo section for this, we should not mix 2 topics in one thread.
    I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and...
    I am having trouble to make my remote control work correctly on MP2. Having upgraded from MP1 to MP2 where the remote using the...
    Replies
    Views
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use MPiviewer for ipad and that's what was important to me. it's nice to have taken the time for my problem which will undoubtedly be useful to others as well.
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use...
    Hello, I am trying to reinstall mediaportal 1.16 but I get an error message "no internet connection found! to continue the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom