Simulate STB on PC (1 Viewer)

GuRo

January 14, 2008
Home Country
Hello,

here in Montenegro started IPTV over T-Com. But problem is that we can watch only one program at the time. Can i use PC with Media portal to simulate STB on PC so i can watch TV channels on PC.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi and welcome!

You should provide as much info as you can. There is a plugin that makes IPTV work in MediaPortal.
    --> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=32330

You are talking about using network cables directly in PC - right? Are the channels encrypted? If so: you can probably forget about it.

I have a IPTV solution myself, but have to use a STB which is controlled by MP.

GuRo

January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi

with STB, T-Home X300T we get also Thomson wl780 router, so i can connect directly my pc over lan cable wit it. so is it possible to configure Media portal to watch channels. For now t-com dows not provide 2 stb for one home, and i can watch tv progam only on one TV, that is the reason why i want to try connecting iptv with my computer.

mr_smooth

Portal Member
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    if it's microsoft based (mediaroom) then you will not be able to. They use DRM and the keys change at a predetermined time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom