Support Requests (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry for not replying earlier. I have checked the links and they are all fine. I can pm you the links so you can check them in Safari on your iPad to make sure they work for you.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We verified that the links were functional for etech669 when using a pc and I could update my dev version of iViewer without issues. Etech669 could however not access the links when using his iPad. Not sure what the problem can be. Can you give me details of iPad model, iOS version and if the pad is jailbreaken or not. Im out of the country this week so I cant do much testing myself. I havent updated to latest iOS version myself so I will that when I get home next week.

Krieghund

August 2, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    We verified that the links were functional for etech669 when using a pc and I could update my dev version of iViewer without issues. Etech669 could however not access the links when using his iPad. Not sure what the problem can be. Can you give me details of iPad model, iOS version and if the pad is jailbreaken or not. Im out of the country this week so I cant do much testing myself. I havent updated to latest iOS version myself so I will that when I get home next week.

I'm using 8.4, not jail broken. Ipad Air2. I can type in the URL on the PC and get it to download. The download is taking ~30 minutes (I do have a fast download speed, perhaps the server host uplink isn't fast?) I'm guessing that iViewer is timing out due to the long downloading time.

Thank you

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the info. The update didnt take that long for me when I tested at home, maybe 1-2 minutes. The files are hosted at my work place, I will check the connections when I ge back there in a week. But they 'should' be on fast internet.

etech669

Portal Member
    June 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the info. The update didnt take that long for me when I tested at home, maybe 1-2 minutes. The files are hosted at my work place, I will check the connections when I ge back there in a week. But they 'should' be on fast internet.
    I'm using 8.4, not jail broken. Ipad Air2. I can type in the URL on the PC and get it to download. The download is taking ~30 minutes (I do have a fast download speed, perhaps the server host uplink isn't fast?) I'm guessing that iViewer is timing out due to the long downloading time.

Thank you

Took about the same time to download on my PC too. Also using the same IPad Air2 not jail broken version 8.4

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have tested with updating iOS to the same version you have and downloading a clean version of MPiV from app store. Then performed and update at work(where the server is located) and it went fine. I also redid the same thing at home and also clocked it, the upgrade took a bit more than two minutes.

The server where the files are located are apparently quite old and slow but I doubt that that is the issue. I tested with moving the files to a Google drive but that gave me problem with the redirect links. I will instead move the files to a new server at work and see if that helps.

However, it seems that iViewer caches the files even though the redirected links has changed. I could see that the files were updated on a pc browser but iViewer didn't seem to reload them. This even after I removed and MPiV from the iPad. It couldbe that only I have this issue since I have several iViewer versions installed. But to make sure, please remove both preview and standard version before testing next time.

I will update this thread when the files have been moved to the new server.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have moved the files to a new server and redirected the links to it. It seems however to be a problem that the original links are cached on my device even though I remove the MPiV app. It sees the correct link after the 1.1 update... I have emailed an Command Fusion dev. with questions about how the caching of requests from iViewer are stored.

But please make another test.

Users who are viewing this thread