Support Requests (1 Viewer)

karl10247

Portal Pro
November 8, 2011
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Dudes, i've got an issue

I've noticed over the last few months using MPiV that a few programmes are recording that i did not request. FYI i grab xml guide data from radio times every day at 13:00, the data is complete and appears accurate.
Check out the two screenshots i've attached for this evening. I've only setup a recording schedule for mr selfridge, the guide in the MP client confirms this but in MPiV it appears im also going to get Crufts 2015 and Lets play darts for comic relief! There are no scheduled recordings before or after these shows i might add.

Im not sure if Crufts or lets play darts will record this evening but i have had a few episodes of lets play darts record lately so i presume they will.

Weird stuff, any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0770.PNG
    IMG_0770.PNG
    3.7 MB
  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    757.9 KB

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @KlausWirn , Good that you got thumbs back to normal and sorry about the issue with uninstalling/installing the app.Yes, we pick the first cover that MPExtended offer for all media.

No, streaming should not have anything to do with search. Can you activate the log in settings and see if anything is printed there when pressing the keys on your keyboard. A new search should be performed for each keystroke

@karl10247 , My guess is that MPiV has a slightly different condition for showing in the EPG when a program is scheduled for recording compared to MP. I think I made MPiV to show every program as recorded in EPG regardless of schedule type. Can you check your scheduled recordings in both MP and MPiV to see if they differ? I.e. go to Recordings and press Scheduled buttons in MPiV.

My guess is that you have a series recording for these programs. Hopefully you can see these series recordings and remove them.

I think I have read about a bug in MP about series recordings(e.g. record this program everytime on this channel) not being removed from the database although they have been manually removed from the MP gui. I think that bug was solved in 1.10 or later but not sure.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok so it recorded Crufts and Darts but i think it maybe the way i programmed the schedule, mediaportal's tv server logic for advanced recording may have got the better of me and i may have selected the MPiV option "Weekends" which relates to the MP option "Record Weekends". The problem is with that option is that it does not fix to the title just the time slot on both days so i got the same time slots i recorded on saturday night on sunday.

At least i think this is what happened.....

I know this is the wrong thread but perhaps to make things easier the MPiV advanced recording options could be expanded thusly:

WEEKLY AT THIS TIME
    DAILY AT THIS TIME
    WORKING DAYS AT THIS TIME
    WEEKENDS AT THIS TIME

I think this would make things clearer for the user and especially for the HTPC resistant wives like mine

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sure, we can improve the texts. I guess most of us have HTPC resistant wifes and I would be glad to improve things to reduce the resistance;)

Can you propose the texts for all the advanced recordings?
    "Once", "Daily", "Weekly", "Everytime on this Channel", "Everytime on every Channel",
    "Weekends", "Workingdays", "Weekly everytime on this Channel"

Edit:
    We use these MPExt functions:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...elopers/API_Documentation/TAS#WebScheduleType
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ers/API_Documentation/TAS#AddScheduleDetailed

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    I disabled everything. Only Movies are active. Now i have these Logs.

19_09_25 Search_Get mas data for text_Bi
    19_09_26 MPiV.RPC Error reply
    19_09_26 Search_Search direct_Bir
    19_09_26 Search_Get mas data for text_Bir
    19_09_26 Search_Search direct_Bird
    19_09_26 Search_Get mas data for text_Bird
    19_09_26 Search_Attempt to process data from mas for text_Bird

Nothing more happening.

Before i disabled series i only get the message
    MPiV.RPC Error reply
    for every letter.

Any ideas ?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't say what the issue is without knowing more. I can pm you later with instructions so you can try the search commands to MPExtended directly from a webbrowser.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Sure, we can improve the texts. I guess most of us have HTPC resistant wifes and I would be glad to improve things to reduce the resistance;)

Can you propose the texts for all the advanced recordings?
    "Once", "Daily", "Weekly", "Everytime on this Channel", "Everytime on every Channel",
    "Weekends", "Workingdays", "Weekly everytime on this Channel"

Edit:
    We use these MPExt functions:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...elopers/API_Documentation/TAS#WebScheduleType
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/Remote_Access/MPExtended/Developers/API_Documentation/TAS#AddScheduleDetailed

Actually the only ones i would change (in my opinion) are the "Weekly", "Daily", "Weekends" and "Working days" options adding "at this tme" to the end of each (see my post above)

However i cant speak for the masses and some may want it different so why not have the ability to customise these in general settngs?

Cheers

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, I will add those changes as is. We want to reduce the amount of user settings as much as possible and I don't think this is worth adding there.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    I've identified a few more issues with recording TV now and this time i dont think its due to me selecting the wrong scheduling option

1) When i search the guide for a show the list of show episodes that is to be aired appears no problem. When i touch a show it flips me back to the guide (to show me when it is on, what channel and the description). However, when i select a show that is more than 24 hours in the future it flips to the guide but no data is shown, i wait and wait to see if the EPG data will load up but it doesnt come. EDIT and pressing the record button for this "invisible" show does nothing
    2) On several occasions i search for a fresh show (one that i have not pre-programmed to record), it flips to the empty guide but the record button only says CANCEL. See photo 1 for screenshot of MPiV saying cancel and photo 2 for screenshot of TV server scheduled recordings showing that the current example (celebrity juice) is not already in my scheduled recordings

EDIT
    There was a 3 and 4 relating to MPiV not cancelling recordings properly but in the end i cleared out all my scheduled recordings in the MP TV server config and decided to start again. A little bug must have crept in there somehow. So far so good now though....

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
      Photo 1.jpg
      467.7 KB
    • photo 2.jpg
      photo 2.jpg
      205.1 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread