Support Requests (3 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Several people have requested our gui and/or gfx package but non is unfortunately available now as something we sell or as open source.

We have started creating a gfx package with help from another guy but it's slow progress. We currently work with our own home control for lighting/heating and look at OpenHAB as HA software. The problem is that we have too little time and a lot of different gear and control system. It's very time consuming to do a generic solution that fits all. Right now we have the mind-set to handle our own HA systems but future will tell if we do something more generic.

Right now I want to get the 1.2 release of MPiV out and then focus on own development of HA integration.

Dave Neill

September 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I appreciate the response. I already have programming knowledge as I am an integrator here in Australia and have spoken with Jarrod and I would pay purely for your iViewer file with the graphics as I would still then customise it to my system as I am using Crestron equipment with IViewer front end.

Is there any chance I could get something to start with ?

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all, the update went smooth for me, no issues. I am also in Germany. Download took quite some time (10 minutes) but no other issues during update. The new version works smooth so far. Great job!

But now...

The covers in music still do not display for many of my albums. I investigated this a bit deeper because the bug with special characters should be fixed now. It turned out that there is another issue which is related to multiple artists. I have a lot of Jazz and Classic (sorry for that) albums where multiple MP3 tags for artists exist. Now I found out that these albums do not display the cover in iViewer. The reason is obviously that either MPExtended or iViewer does not build the filename for the thumb in Mediaportal thumb folder correctly.

Example which I did use yesterday to verify the issue:

• The album is 'Love Stories' and the artists are 'Joachim Kühn' and 'Rolf Kühn' (these are separate tags in the FLAC files, so iViever shows both names as separate entries in the list).
    • The thumb for the album cover in MediaPortal thumbs/music folder is 'Joachim Kühn _ Rolf Kühn- Love Stories.jpg' (obviously MP uses all artist tags to create the filename for the thumb)
    • iViewer does not show the cover of this album
    • I manually renamed the thumb file in Mediaportal folder to 'Joachim Kühn- Love Stories.jpg' (deleting the second artist) et voilà - iViewier now displays the album cover (obviously iViewer or MPExtended only use the first artist tag to build the filename for the thumb)
    Hope that explains the issue detailed enough.

Can you confirm if this is really an issue in iViewer? Any chance to get this fixed?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can you zip the problematic album and send a link in a pm to me so I can check msyelf? Right now I have no clue where the problem is, I need to debug using the same files as you have.

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will send you a link to the sample album on dropbox in a minute via PM. This is just one example of hundreds of albums with the same issue. Actually I have used mp3tag to edit the tags (most tags for classical from freedb etc. are crap and need to be edited, Jazz is better but still needs some harmonization) and entered multiple artists using the \\ notation (e.g. 'Rolf Kühn\\Joachim Kühn') which is fully supported also by Mediaportal. Also iViewer uses the two tags and shows 'Rolf Kühn' and 'Joachim Kühn' as separate entries.

The folder also contains the corresponding album thumbs from Mediaportal thumbs\music\albums folder. As mentioned in previous post, if I rename the thumbs to include only one artist name then iViewer displays the cover fine. So either MPextended or iViewer seems to compose the filename of the thumb differently than Mediaportal does.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can reproduce the issue but unfortunately not much I can do. MPExtended GetMusicAlbumBasicById return no artwork for this album.

Request:
    http://192.168.1.31:4322/MPextended...Love Stories_MPE_| Rolf Kühn | Joachim Kühn |

Returns:
    {"PID":4,"AlbumArtist":"Rolf Kühn","AlbumArtistId":"Rolf Kühn","Artists":["Rolf Kühn","Joachim Kühn"],"ArtistsId":["Rolf Kühn","Joachim Kühn"],"Artwork":[],"Composer":[],"DateAdded":"\/Date(1443549904000+0200)\/","Genres":["Jazz"],"Id":"Love Stories_MPE_| Rolf Kühn | Joachim Kühn | ","Rating":0,"Title":"Love Stories","Year":2003}

The array for Artwork should not be empty in order to produce thumbs for the album. Don't have more time now to play with renaming to see what happens.[DOUBLEPOST=1443559705][/DOUBLEPOST]One also do not get thumbs in WebMP for the album and exception when opening the album.

Last edited:

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you a lot for checking this so quickly, and I see that there is nothing you can do about this. The issue is at the MPExtended side. Unfortuantely there seems to be no development activity for MPExtended anymore. Since the source code for MPExtended is available on Github I will try to fix myself. I have a Dev enviroment already running for MPDisplay++ development. The information you have provided above already helps where to search for the issue.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Taking a look at MPExt. is probably the best option. It's no problem to build the MPExt. project yourself.

Maybe it's worth looking at working around the issue with alternative naming/tagging to your files and to apply it in batch if you find something that works.

Users who are viewing this thread