Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I modified the dialog.notify.xml because when showing an incoming call from fritzbox manager the thumb was placed incorrectly
    but I've got another problem though:
    11-31-26.png
    Where is this black bar coming from? I have no clue and would really like to get rid of it...

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a serious issue in TITAN now. If I move around the GUI, for example download subtitles for a couple of TV-Series' episodes, download or play a couple of Online Videos , then try to playback an .mkv video file in MP TV-Series, I get "Cannot playback file - Codec AVC (or whatever codec the file has)". Same goes for OnlineVideos or MovingPictures.

If I go into GUI Settings and change skin to StreamedMP (without even restarting MediaPortal), the files will playback just fine! This is extremely annoying, and the logs say:

VideoPlayer: Unable to play with reason - Ran out of memory

So, I guess that TITAN's eating up all my available memory pretty quick, and switching skin immediately solves this. :/

Looking into my logs, I might have a DirectX problem, so I'll try to update that, but as I have NO issues in StreamedMP, I don't really know what to think right now. Attached is a trimmed bit of my current log.

Emph

Attachments

• log_bit.txt
      335.4 KB

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @emphatic: one of the textures that MP tries to load cannot be loaded (D3D doesn't tell why, just that it failed). And that screws up a lot of more stuff later on. What changes did you make recently to the skin?

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

Love the Titan skin but I've noticed an issue. It doesn't seem to support high DPI screens. Windows adjusts the font sizes, which makes all of the text too big and spill over where it should be. This seems to me to be a pretty important problem because of the increasingly large number of high DPI screens available now (particularly on laptops). I think the only real solution is to make all the skin elements resize according to DPI settings. However, making MediaPortal ignore DPI settings would be a temporary solution (so the text doesn't change size and things look normal, if a little small).

Normally the latter temporary fix can be done by setting the application shortcut to use the Compatibility Mode "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" but this doesn't seem to work for MediaPortal...
    This has been handled in an experimental development branch already. Will be included in 1.3.1. DPI scaling on the Windows side will have no negative effect on MP anymore (meaning fonts get out of proportion).

The fix itself is very simple but didn't make it into 1.3.0 anymore.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding the DPI awareness:

Mantis entry: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4121

And that's the fix: (taken from my commit message to my experimental branch):

Fixed DPI awareness problems.

Old Code in GUIFontManager.cs
    // height is based on 720x576
    float fPercent = (GUIGraphicsContext.Height * GUIGraphicsContext.ZoomVertical) / 576.0f;

New Code in GUIFontManager.cs
    // font height is based on legacy hard coded resolution of 720x576
    float baseSize = 576;

// adjust for different DPI settings (96dpi = 100%)
    Graphics graphics = GUIGraphicsContext.form.CreateGraphics();
    baseSize *= graphics.DpiY / 96;

float fPercent = (GUIGraphicsContext.Height * GUIGraphicsContext.ZoomVertical) / baseSize;

Now the larger DPI sizes won't interfere with the skin engine anymore.

In addition fixed normal Splash Screen glitches on higher DPI sizes were the background image was not resized by changing AutoScaleMode.Font to AutoScaleMode.Dpi

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @emphatic: one of the textures that MP tries to load cannot be loaded (D3D doesn't tell why, just that it failed). And that screws up a lot of more stuff later on. What changes did you make recently to the skin?

@Scythe42 : I'm have this theme installed: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/theme-basichome-goes-classic-with-backdrops.115431/ but I'm not sure that's causing it because I've tried the same steps using the Default theme and get the same results. Perhaps just having a theme installed will cause this? Also, I have FanArtHandler enabled on TITAN BasicHome (new setting in RC1). I'm also using some community skin files for a few plugins, like SubtitleDownloader. I'll try to get better logs later after work.

Emph

Last edited:

Ja02

February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    Let me add that the MiniDisplay plug-in suffers from the same problem. That is, when I set the font size in Windows to 150%, the text displayed on the mini display gets too big to fit.

The mini display font is fully customizable via the config, so not a big deal.
    Can anybody from the DEV team come with a similar workaround for the Titan theme - a way to modify the size of the default font(s)? For example, a powershell script that would traverse all the xml-s and replace all font references. Or is there a way to remap e.g. the "TitanLight14" to a "TitanLight9" at one place?

Users who are viewing this thread