TVService crashes (1 Viewer)

MediaTobiPortal

Portal Pro
December 13, 2004
About 10 Minutes after starting the TVService.exe it crashes.
I get the following error description:

See attachments

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have moved the post to correct forum (all TVE3 related stuff goes here) ;)

Regards
    Roy

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    My case it's worst, the Server reboots after about 10 minutes with the TVServer working (Ie: Timeshifting or recording).

Also, the CPU usage is greater then the previous SVN I had (12646). When't from ~10% to ~45% after upgrading to 12760, for a single analog stream. That's just for the recording, not streaming. I was not able to make it properly work with SVNs in between, so I can't tell when this started.

Will try to do some investigation tonight, reverting to previous versions and comparing.

Anybody else with this issues?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    My case it's worst, the Server reboots after about 10 minutes with the TVServer working (Ie: Timeshifting or recording).

That sounds like a driver / hardware issue, as no software can take the system down.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Tourrettes, I understand and agree, but the only thing that changed was the TVServer. Nothing else changed in the system except for the SVN.

Unfirtunatelly, the system is not logging the stop message. Will try to attach a display in the system.

I'll be doing some more testing tonight with previous SVNs.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Could be a bad timing, i.e. HW just going bad after upgrading the tv engine or then it could be that tv engine is using drivers in a little bit different way and that is triggering the bad behaviour in the drivers.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    It was the AV (Avast) that was causing the reboot, but it only happened when TVServer was working. After uninstalling AVAST the reboot disapeared. Since AV software install their drivers to monitor IO, maybe this was the issue.

I'am thinking an autoupdate Avast made in the last week might have triggered the issue.

Installed AVG and it's working fine now.

Thks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread