Updated streams for norwegian radio (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    All channels are with highest possible quality.
    .PLS-files in progress

When available OGG has been used w/172 kbps

*** UPDATE: Will (hopefully) be available in Main Repository -> Plugins -> Radio ***

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    & nice work (we need some channel logos now :) )!

If you want to have this in a own folder (the one you point to as stream folder in MP Setup) you can make a playlist of it like this (notepad it's fine) & the file "format" should be .pls (like, NRK - P1.pls):

Code:
    [playlist]
    numberofentries=1
    File1=http://nettradio.nrk.no/php/includes/channelstreamingurl.php?pichannel=p1&quality=h
    Title1=NRK - P1
    Length1=-1

If you have logo with same name & in same folder as the .pls file (NRK - P1.jpg) this will show up in My Radio.

Regards
    Roy

Hammer9600

Portal Member
    May 26, 2005
    NICE

Was just looking for these streams.. I joined the forum, and this was the last post in General.. My lucky day today :)

Thank you

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, & nice work (we need some channel logos now :) )!

- I have som for the old threads - I'll submitt them later. I plan to make a "Norwegian Resources-thread" later

If you want to have this in a own folder (the one you point to as stream folder in MP Setup) you can make a playlist of it like this (notepad it's fine) & the file "format" should be .pls (like, NRK - P1.pls): (...)

- I know, but I perfer to add channles myself. After reading threads about radio streaming - it seems that this is more fool-proof.

If you have logo with same name & in same folder as the .pls file (NRK - P1.jpg) this will show up in My Radio.

- I know. If you add them like I mentioned, you put the logos in follwoing folder:
    ...\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Radio
    Just give the icons same name, and the appear in MediaPortal

Note: If you can't get some streams to work, try entering them in IE and djust volume of the player.

Again: Please report streams that a) doesn't work b) are found elsewere with better quality c) should be on the list.

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The NRK streams do not work for me. I tried P1 (pasted the URL into the MP Radio streams setup). First time I tried to play it, it took forever, eventually, it was P2 that started playing. I stopped it, tried again, this time, P3 started playing.

On the other hand, I have been using the direct MP3 streams for a long time, and they always work fine. These are all listed on the NRK web site:

http://media.hiof.no/streams/m3u/nrk-p1-128.m3u
    http://media.hiof.no/streams/m3u/nrk-p2-128.m3u
    http://media.hiof.no/streams/m3u/nrk-petre-128.m3u
    http://media.hiof.no/streams/m3u/nrk-mpetre-128.m3u

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.
    samundsen, try this one (always worked here & @ lowest 160kbs stream):
    Code:
    http://nettradio.nrk.no/php/includes/channelstreamingurl.php?pichannel=p1&quality=h

If it work I'll rip the rest of the addresses

Regards
    Roy

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Tried above tip:
    Note: If you can't get some streams to work, try entering them in IE and djust volume of the player.

Users who are viewing this thread