Visualisations in 1.2Beta (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well, there might be a problem with not correctly sowing the beat.
    This is what Bassfan already tried to explain previously.

This is due to the fact, that rendering of the screens in M, does take away a lot of power, which Winamp itself naturally doesn't have.

But you should have in any case the title being shown.
    if tried with old versions and even the newest of winamp and always have the title appear.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

that problem come from the Renderengine
    drawing of MP Window used many frames and lost no room for visualization.
    that will never work drawing visualization in MP of a Device Contex (DC)

i have allways 60 Frames

greets

Milkdrop renders fine and displays the visualisations very well, it is just not detecting the beat..

NO FRAMERATE no fine renders also NO beat in realtime..
    install fraps and check for the framerate this is what i can say
    i have tell this many often and no people understand what i mean? LOL

greets

Does this mean that Milkdrop will never detect the beat in MP, or that it will only detect the beat in MP if the framerate is high enough (like 60 fps)?

EDIT: Question, the framerate selector in the MP configuration only goes to 50 fps does the framerate selector in the Milkdrop configuration override this.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I get lots of random crashes now that I started using the Winamp Visualizations, so I had to disable them. I'm getting some days off work soon, so I'll try to get it to crash again so I can grab logs.

Emph

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    never had crashes so far.
    i was just expeiencing some latency.
    to my judgement, i had the vis reacting to the beat quite ok.

TLD: the fps in config is more targeted to Sonique and "old" WMP vis.
    With that, we could programtically out of MP control the rendering.

with Winamp vis, we just call the extenal program and have absolutely no influence on it.
    We still need to render the Main MP window, tough it is not visible while in full screen.
    and that takes away too much power from the vis itself.

i'm really out of ideas on how to impeove that and unfortunately i'm away from home currently 3-4 days a week.
    so i really can't find any free time to dig into that further.

i understand your frustration and would love to help, but i feel it would need a complete rewrite of how we do visualization handling currently.

B

BassFan

AW: Re: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

Perhaps BassFan could help??

Die einzigste möglichkeit
    eine 100% Visualisierung mit Milkdrop zu realisieren.
    Visualisierungen komplett von MP (Render Engine) trennen.

Visualisierungen müßten dann als Plugin bzw. AddOn eingebunden werden.
    Ich benötigte dann einen Schnittstelle um Bass_vis an dieser anpassen zu können.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only possibility
    to realize a 100% visualization with Milkdrop.
    Completely separate visualization of MP (rendering engine).

Visualizations would then be integrated as plugin or add-on.
    Then I needed an interface to adapt to this Bass_vis can.

I will help when i can ;)

greets

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fab - i hope that makes sense to you software type guys!
    Yep, we know the issues. Basically the only way to get the Winamp viz to work at full speed would be to separate the MP rendering engine from the viz stuff. We have discussed this already as a possible improvement for 1.3.

The issue is that there is masses of complex code interlinking the MP rendering engine and the viz window. We are not 100% sure it can even be done properly within MP1 and the MP side of things is really indeed of a rewrite. So it is the MP side that is the problem here not Bass Viz (which is the code that Bassfan provides)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    That kinda makes some sense - I guess it's a leave until later thing then...
    It's still pretty though :)
    lol

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here is the Milkdrop files I use which are 2.1 and show the track info on track change but still don't react to the music for me.
    I haven't been able to get either 2.2 or 2.21 to show the track info plus has a few other problems but 2.1 works fine for me :)

Rich

Attachments

• MD.rar
      1.3 MB

Users who are viewing this thread