What should I add to MyPictures? (1 Viewer)

fitto

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
Barcelona
Hi,

I'm going in the same direction of having a bit picasa-like date management...

When you're browsing pictures, the date a specific file or folder was copied is not relevant at all. Instead, it should manage "date taken" for both files and folders.

This way, you could sort a list of folders (tipically albums) by date-taken, instead of by the date-you-copied-the-folders-for-the-last-time.

It would also be great to have a more "visual" look, instead of havin lists all the time... But that could be major work!!!

:DThanks for taking this essential plugin back to life!!!

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
ok. Ill look into modifying the existing Date view to behave differently. ill post something when I am done.

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Implemented new Date view logic. If you replace WindowPlugins.dll (compiled for MP 1.0.2) below in MediaPortal\plugins\Windows directory (take a backup before) it will enable a better "Date" view. It will sort your picture in the below format

Year
-- Month (readable format ie: "March")
-- List of pictures

Let me know what you think. Remember to make sure you are using the "Date" view to see changes. Also using my other patch here will make sure the browsing is quick.

Attachments

• WindowPlugins.zip
    30.6 KB

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The patch seems to work. I like it better than the old one. The only thing that I'd comment about is the lack of "day". You have Year -> Month ... could "-> day" still exist? or have the option? Might be more complicated, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, thank you.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sure I can add the day back. Just tought I added a layer for nothing. Ill check to see if I can make it configurable.

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Making it configurable would be the best. I believe some people wouldn't need the day-by-day stuff because they may only take 10-20 pictures per month. Where as some (such as myself) take hundreds on a monthly basis. So loading up a month over NAS, takes a long time. Thank God for your thumbnail feature, it helps tremendously, the daily feature would help even more.

But unlike the previous version, avoid where it still showed all the pictures from the month as well as days folder... it didn't make sense to me.

Two options maybe?... what if the viewing options were "shares, dates, and detailed dates"? or 2nd option, better yet, reference the MP3 database options, where you can customize the views, by date, name, date taken, file size, etc...

the 2nd option i guess would be very complicated, but I'm sure whatever you come up with will be 100 times better than what exists now. :D

Thanks dude!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    GREAT WORK!

I got some more requests ... :)
    1. Implement the "album view".
    This would be really good if you couldhave a bigger preview +text (like month). Not very important, though....

2. Make the view type congifgurable like "My music".
    Meaning:
    [Year] = View type (list/thumbs/large thumbs/filmstrip (/"album"?))
    [Month] = View type ( --"-- )
    [Picture list] = View type ( --- " -- )

3. Submit the patch @ devolpment area! (As WIP). I'd like this to get reviewd and hopefully implemented.

:D

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The above idea is a little bit more complicated. Where would I take the Album names like in Picasa? The only simple thing I see is that Albums name = folder name. So the albums would be the same name as the folders the pictures are in. As to implementing a view configurator in MyPictures I will have to look into this more before I commit to it. I will keep everyone posted.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I was talking about the view-type, called "album view". It's an alternative to list, thumbs, filmstrip etc used in the music section .
    Not important, though...

One thing I forgot:
    Would it be possible to get months displayed in preferred language given in MP config? (It's displayed in ENG here instead of Norwegian).

Again :D for improving this section.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That should be fixed too, yeah, but my nag is about this:

View attachment 42252
    Look, you cannot see my daughters legs!

View attachment 42253
    Oh, there they are!

So...MediaPortal should add black borders to the left and right instead of brutally cropping to thumb-size!

Same goes for horizontal pictures, only here should black bars be added to top and bottom.

Why don't you just change the skin property then? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread