What should I add to MyPictures? (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Why don't you just change the skin property then? ;)

I would if it made any difference. Perhaps you would like to share how to do it?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I would if it made any difference. Perhaps you would like to share how to do it?

Please try these to your liking:

[XMLSkinElement("keepaspectratio")]
    [XMLSkinElement("zoom")]
    [XMLSkinElement("centered")]

If they do not show any effect than the GUIFilmstripControl simply needs to be patched to pass these properties to the embedded GUIImage.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

[XMLSkinElement("zoom")]

If they do not show any effect than the GUIFilmstripControl simply needs to be patched to pass these properties to the embedded GUIImage.

No effect, but this is not new to me as I found this problem almost a year ago. GUIFilmStripControl.cs doesn't have a skinelement called keepaspectratio (or zoom, or centered). In thumbcontrols there is a property called <thumbzoom> but that unfortunately doesn't exist either.

So...I guess the control needs a patch :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

[XMLSkinElement("zoom")]

Can we agree that GUIFilmstripControl is broken? I would patch it if I knew how ;)

fitto

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hi,

I tried the new date logic. Though it works fine, it's not what I was hoping for...

I'd like to be able to sort folders by date taken, instead of date copied. The new date view works great for single pictures, but not for folders.
    Maybe the right direction is to implement albums, as mentioned before. This way we could also get rid any folder hierarchy. A fair starting point could be:
    Album name = Folder name
    Album Date Taken = Earliest Picture-in-folder Date Taken

Take care,

Fitto

knas

Portal Member
    July 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1) RAW file support.
    If not a native RAW file support, the ability to export jpeg's from the RAW files.

2) Possibility to add text to the pictures, directly via on screen keyboard or via the config gui.
    Configurable text display options, colors, size, location etc. (displayed like a subtitle in a movie)

3) Fit image on screen; height, width, or best fit.

4) Read date information from EXIF data, not windows file modified/created date.

:D

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The patch seems to work. I like it better than the old one. The only thing that I'd comment about is the lack of "day". You have Year -> Month ... could "-> day" still exist? or have the option? Might be more complicated, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, thank you.

Added the ability to show or not pictures by day. Get the latest patch here

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

I'm going in the same direction of having a bit picasa-like date management...

When you're browsing pictures, the date a specific file or folder was copied is not relevant at all. Instead, it should manage "date taken" for both files and folders.

This way, you could sort a list of folders (tipically albums) by date-taken, instead of by the date-you-copied-the-folders-for-the-last-time.

It would also be great to have a more "visual" look, instead of havin lists all the time... But that could be major work!!!

:DThanks for taking this essential plugin back to life!!!

It does use the date taken if its in the EXIF info. If not it uses the date-you-copied-the-folders-for-the-last-time.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the Ken Burns effect is lacking... Basically it moves, then fades.. It should be moving and fading at the same time... I'm sure there are other effects that could be implimented.. Also it would be nice to have my pictures become a screen saver option..

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Isn't the Ken Burns Effect just a simple zoom technique?
    I'd also like a screensaver like effect - one in which the pictures slide about and zoom randomly and fade in and out on a set time (2 seconds visible for instance - with an 'allow overlapping' option).
    Play some music and set the slide show going... Voila! Instant boredom for all your friends :D

I think I may have seen a Mac screensave do this..?

Users who are viewing this thread