What should I add to MyPictures? (2 Viewers)

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Show the movie clips

Sorry that my first post should be a feature request, but still:

I have to +1 on showing the movie clips in photo gallery.
    I take lots of movies along my photos (and recode them to H264).

This is just about the only feature MediaPortal is missing for me.
    I even found a thread where a guy made a plugin that did this, but unfortunately, that plugin had some issues.

Is there a yes / no or date attached to this feature?
    This one is really important to me.

Also:
    +1 on clipping thumbnails (don't clip, instead do black borders)
    +1 on screen display options (width, height, best fit) - something like ad-hoc aspect ratio correction :)
    +1 on reading EXIF rotation info

If you're thinking of implementing album names from folder names, please consider this: I have folders organized by year, month and then album name. The last level is duplicated and tripled, etc quite often (daughter performing this, the other daughter performing that, competition this, competition that, etc)
    I believe such album name composition should be customizable and the possible input variables should be ALL directories in the pictured data folders.

Thanks,
    Jure

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Working on implementing rotation by 180 and 270 degrees as well as EXIF OSD. Ill post 1.0.2 binaries when I am done.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there any way to access, from a skinning point of view, the large thumbnails that MP creates? I like using my photos as a backdrop in MyPictures but #selectedthumb only accesses the small thumb which looks like crap when blown up fullscreen. As soon as you click on the image you get the large version which is much better resolution and quality so I would like to be able to use that.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    ok. I have finished the ability to rotate pictures 180 and 270 degrees. Currently waiting to be comitted to SVN. I will not release a 1.0.2 patch for this. To small a change.

I also have the EXIF OSD working. Working out the last polishing details. Is this what everyone was expecting (see screenshot)? I can also do it with the blue background you see when using the OSD in MyVideos. Waiting for input and then I will release a patch for 1.0.2

Two screenshots with Blue skin and the last one is StreamedMP

Attachments

• 15-06-53.png
      15-06-53.png
      487.1 KB
    • 15-11-16.png
      15-11-16.png
      577.9 KB
    • 16-13-31.png
      16-13-31.png
      641.6 KB

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry that my first post should be a feature request, but still:

I have to +1 on showing the movie clips in photo gallery.
    I take lots of movies along my photos (and recode them to H264).

This is just about the only feature MediaPortal is missing for me.
    I even found a thread where a guy made a plugin that did this, but unfortunately, that plugin had some issues.

Is there a yes / no or date attached to this feature?
    This one is really important to me.

Also:
    +1 on clipping thumbnails (don't clip, instead do black borders)
    +1 on screen display options (width, height, best fit) - something like ad-hoc aspect ratio correction :)
    +1 on reading EXIF rotation info

If you're thinking of implementing album names from folder names, please consider this: I have folders organized by year, month and then album name. The last level is duplicated and tripled, etc quite often (daughter performing this, the other daughter performing that, competition this, competition that, etc)
    I believe such album name composition should be customizable and the possible input variables should be ALL directories in the pictured data folders.

Thanks,
    Jure

FYI. Reading EXIF rotation info feature is implemented in the latest SVN so is reading rotation info from Picasa.ini. It will probably be in MP 1.1

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looks great asagala! Does this mean you can now use 'normal' tags on the image (id 3) like centered, keepaspectratio etc.? Or is it only for OSD fullscreen background? What happens to 'portrait' size photos?

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Dadeo. I dont quite get your question. The EXIF OSD shows when viewing pictures fullscreen and during slideshows.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry, my bad, it looked like the DialogPictureInfo screen you get when you select properties from the Options Menu. However, if you can display all that info on the OSD, then DialogPictureInfo is no longer relevant? Can you 'skin' that screen at all? I don't think you can atm.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You are correct the dialog that shows up when selecting Properties in the context menu when viewing a picture is a regular window and cant be skinned separately.

The EXIF OSD I created CAN be skinned. I will be providing xml files for Blue and StreamedMP skins when I release the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread