Windwos XP forgetting EnergieOptions :( (1 Viewer)

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

my windows xp (new install!) allways forgets the setting to NOT ask for a password after wakeup/resume :(

Not found a solution yet .

thnx, sloty

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    have you disabled that in control panel -> poweroptions & in control panel for display?

Regards
    Roy

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, have unchecked the option in the energieoptions, and at the screensaver (no screensaver used anyway)

still, it just forgets the setting every second wakeup...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Then it has to be something weird with your XP installation, you're not using a pre defined (by comp manufacturer) like owner?

Regards
    Roy

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And that when i just installed XP complete new. nope, just entered two user at install.

i think i try a repair with the installation disk, maybe it works :(

kiesow

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have this problem, too.

Don't know why it is happening. The only thing I changed was an update to Catalyst Driver 7.7

Well, there is a kind of workaround. I say "a kind" because it does not work every time ...
    If you use hibernate trigger or power scheduler with TV3, you can add the following command to be executed before and after going to standby

Code:
    powercfg /globalpowerflag off /option: resumepassword

Seems to work 75%

As far as I see:

GoldenEye -> ATI Xpress
    sloty32 -> ATI Xpress
    kiesow -> ATI Xpress

Did both of you an update to Catalyst 7.7 like me?

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    oh yeah, i did. great, should test an older one then....

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm, since two days its working again, lets see how long.
    but dont ask why. did nothing to the system...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom