Youtube is broken... (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    They get the newest videos from the TV interface page opposed to the activities list, the Kodi plugin tries to imitate the TV client with coded paths and a few workarounds which is a lot different then what we use (cleaner but with a few limitations set by the API):

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.vi.../resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py#L491

Not sure if we can include it into the current construction but will give it another go this weekend.

// UPDATE

Tried to include the Kodi approach but the 2 don't mix, it will require another authentication and might break in the future as its hard-coded headers + json output reading of the TV interface.
    If someone else wants to try it then it comes down to converting these functions:

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.vi.../resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py#L490
    https://github.com/bromix/plugin.vi.../resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py#L639

Afterwards it will also need a new separate auth token which is why with Kodi you need to authenticate twice I guess and this is also version dependent.

Last edited:

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi offbyone,

since some days YouTube doesnt work anymore here. I've tried already your dll from #115 but this dll doesn't also work.

I'm on Win 10 x64 with MP 1.12.

Here is the log. Thanks in advance :)

So now i fixed it by myself. This is no Problem of online Videos or the YouTube site. The Problem was that backupsettings restored some "old/wrong" config properties of online Videos and the YouTube site.

i've deleted following config properties in the MediaPortal.xml config:
    • YouTube.accountname
    • YouTube.login
    • YouTube.password
    • YouTube.enableLogin
    • YouTube.videoQuality
    • YouTubeV3apiStore.user
    And then i've setup the YouTube site properties again (enabled the YouTube initial Login). After that i've started online Videos and YouTube in MediaPortal and tata the initial YouTube Login browser poped up and YouTube worked again :D

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm unable to play any videos from search results, or the watch history feed.
    The reported error is "Unable to the video. No URL".

Attached are all the log files.
    Note that I deleted them all before trying to reproduce the problem.

Here's how I can easily reproduce the problem:
    1) Select YoutTube
    2) Start a new search
    3) Look for "XTC Dear God" (for example)
    4) Try to play the first entry (or any other, for that matter)
    (see attached image)

Please let me know if I you need anymore information.

I've seen the same problem and I looked into that just a little. It looks like it is when the video you're about to watch is a "protected" video that only can be watch in embedded mode, then the API doesn't seems to return a URL for the video. But that just my guess. Would be nice if one of the developer could check to see if this is the problem. I can try to fix some logs of my problem.

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there :)

i recognized i cant use the "login" function for youtube correctly whatever i do my login won`t work or at least my personal favourites and so on won`t show up.
    I have already accepted the token you have to grant access and set less secure apps to be allowed within my account.
    But whenever i enter the app only the youtube guide and the categories show up but not my "personal" stuff.
    Maybe you can help me here.. i have attached a screenshot showing my settings within the plugin config

Greetings

Attachments

• youtube.PNG
      youtube.PNG
      28.3 KB
    • youtube2.PNG
      youtube2.PNG
      437.4 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, seems to be caused by incorrect / different formatted output from the Youtube API:

Code:
    [11-14 13:43:34,646] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData-GET (cached): 'http://youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=12345&has_verified=1'
    [11-14 13:43:34,646] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Server stack trace:
      at OnlineVideos.Hoster.Youtube.GetPlaybackOptions(String url)
      at OnlineVideos.Sites.YouTubeV3Util.GetMultipleVideoUrls(VideoInfo video, Boolean inPlaylist)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at OnlineVideos.Sites.SiteUtilBase.GetMultipleVideoUrls(VideoInfo video, Boolean inPlaylist)
      at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.GUIOnlineVideos.<>c__DisplayClass5d.<Play_Step1>b__57()
      at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.Gui2UtilConnector.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteInBackgroundAndCallback>b__2()

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have a fix in place and seems to work so far, has to do with the FMT qualitiy loop getting out of bounds (hence the above error).

@offbyone mind if I push the fix to repo once I've tested it some more?

For those who want to test it out already there's an build attached, unpack the .dll and place it in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos

afterwards make sure not to auto-update as it will overwrite it ;)

// Update

Attached diff patch file as well.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone.zip
      356.5 KB
    • yt_PlaybackFix.patch
      772 bytes
    Last edited:

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have a fix in place and seems to work so far, has to do with the FMT qualitiy loop getting out of bounds (hence the above error).

@offbyone mind if I push the fix to repo once I've tested it some more?

For those who want to test it out already there's an build attached, unpack the .dll and place it in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos

afterwards make sure not to auto-update as it will overwrite it ;)

Not working here.
    After applying the dll, I'm no longer able to "Search" or to browse thru "Categories".
    Should the dll work with OV 2.1?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have it build against the latest stable OV version so should work afaik, just tried search and categories but getting results for both so not sure why that isn't working.
    OV 2.1 installed and just replaced that one dll on my htpc machine while leaving the rest as is.

Last edited:

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have it build against the latest stable OV version so should work afaik, just tried search and categories but getting results for both so not sure why that isn't working.
    OV 2.1 installed and just replaced that one dll on my htpc machine while leaving the rest as is.

Rechecked but not working here.
    Also strange is the difference in size of the dll.
    1.0 MB vs 1.5 MB

Users who are viewing this thread