Improvement Suggestions (44 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Hi Czar63, the key for this to work is a graphics adapter that has overlay detection. this is not a feature of MP but of the graphics card driver. I have two systems and it works on both. System #1 uses a Matrox G400 (with a very good video output) here you have to enable "DVDMax" in the "Dualhead Section" if this is enabled the...
Hi Czar63, the key for this to work is a graphics adapter that has overlay detection. this is not a feature of MP but of the...
Hi, Another idea; Would it be possiblle to dim the main display to say 10% brightness after e.g. 10 sec. of no keyboard, Mouse...
Replies
Views
A
guess it comes down to the question if somebody creates a skin for this. Since I just bought a touchscreen on ebay a few minutes ago *proud* this becomes more urgent to me now :D Sooo... any news on that?
guess it comes down to the question if somebody creates a skin for this. Since I just bought a touchscreen on ebay a few minutes...
- touchscreen-friendly navigation (scrolling the main menu) - Add folders/select multiple files in the file browser and add/play...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
A
nop
nop
Hi, it would be nice if there would be support for the TV output of the Hauppauge PVR 350 in a future version of MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Mimetype Registry DE
What about a Mime Type Registry where one can define filetypes like *.bin, a picutre for thisType and a default Action that could be executet if one hits Enter when that file is selected?! Little Scenario: Rich71 is asking about a *.bin *.iso playing functionality... I thought the Problem could easily be solved if he could...
What about a Mime Type Registry where one can define filetypes like *.bin, a picutre for thisType and a default Action that could...
What about a Mime Type Registry where one can define filetypes like *.bin, a picutre for thisType and a default Action that could...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi mama, I really second that. It is not nice to switch from my TV using channel, say, 25 to my TV Guide where i end up at channel 1. I think it would be better to end up directly in channel 25. Flip.
Hi mama, I really second that. It is not nice to switch from my TV using channel, say, 25 to my TV Guide where i end up at...
As I had some real big problems when I hibernated my PC the last time, I want to request a little feature in the home screen. If it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 myTV and Videotext DE
EPG: I use xmltv to get program info for germany and it works without problems and at no cost. Videtext/teletext: I´d like to see it in mp, too for other things than epg. but it seems to be difficult. you don´t find progs to display videotext easily on the net. easiest is probably to take advantage of the vtplus program...
EPG: I use xmltv to get program info for germany and it works without problems and at no cost. Videtext/teletext: I´d like...
Hi, would it be possible to integrate Videotext in the myTV plugin? I do not know if this an international thing but in Germany...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MyTV Plugin DE
is there any new thoughtsor progress on the topic? Maybe I missed something since I was surfing in France for 2 weeks (with a board not computer :D
is there any new thoughtsor progress on the topic? Maybe I missed something since I was surfing in France for 2 weeks (with a board...
Not a big one but... channel selection is not very userfriendly I think. Could u pls. implement it in a way that channel button...
Replies
Views
A
CVS is currently down on Sourceforge
CVS is currently down on Sourceforge
Hello, each time i try to log into cvs - independent from the cvs client i use - i receive the following error message: cvs...
Replies
Views
A
Do you mean the network Inerface or the Recorder? I read the todo.txt and the only ting I found was sperate Interface Client/Server! And add network streaming Just to be sure what's planned: - The Recorder would be a standalone Program? - One can control MP with any Client in the Network? (If one writes it) btw. on...
Do you mean the network Inerface or the Recorder? I read the todo.txt and the only ting I found was sperate Interface...
HI, Sometimes I don't want to start the MP, then no Records will be done. An outsourced Recording tool, running in the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 MCE modifications DE
Is it possible to have the shutdown button at the other end of the three buttons. I find I am always using the close button, and sometimes the tv-in-the-background, but never the shutdown. Maybe just me but it seems silly to have to keep pressing past the shutdown button all the time AND/OR Make the shutdown button ask whether...
Is it possible to have the shutdown button at the other end of the three buttons. I find I am always using the close button, and...
Is it possible to have the shutdown button at the other end of the three buttons. I find I am always using the close button, and...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi, just a small request. Is it possible to provide a setup for the transition type in the My Pictures Modul? e.g. Dissolve slide left . . . Random (current State) This would enable users to choose their favorite transition for all images. htpcman
Hi, just a small request. Is it possible to provide a setup for the transition type in the My Pictures Modul? e.g. Dissolve...
Hi, just a small request. Is it possible to provide a setup for the transition type in the My Pictures Modul? e.g. Dissolve...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Setup: Performance DE
knubile I played for more than 5 hours last night, having a party. I made a playlist with 2000 songs, shuffled them and listened the entire evening, no lock-ups at all. After that i watched an episode of a favorite TV show again without any problems. I do have an Epia M9000 like yours without the Win-TV.
knubile I played for more than 5 hours last night, having a party. I made a playlist with 2000 songs, shuffled them and listened...
Hi, i tried the latest CVS Build and there are these nice nifty animated menus we were talking about here...
Replies
Views
I agree with cheezey. It can be a mess browsing my programs if you have "too many" programs added to the list. I have nes, snes, mame, n64, sega, cd-burning, dvd ripping etc added to the list of programs and it would be easier to browse my programs if you would be able to categorize them in directories. In my case it would be a games...
I agree with cheezey. It can be a mess browsing my programs if you have "too many" programs added to the list. I have nes, snes...
I use the My Programs plugin to launch Games and Karaoke (it's for the kids....honest :wink: ) For games it's just a...
Replies
Views
A
that is my actual workaround, but it would be nice to choose a player directly in the tv module ;) for later releases surely :) nicx...
that is my actual workaround, but it would be nice to choose a player directly in the tv module ;) for later releases surely :)...
Hi, i want to use a external player directly out of "my tv" -> "recordings", but I cannot configure this module to use one. So...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi Is it possible to change how u name the dvr-ms files to match MS standard. I use Sonic Primetime to burn these files directly but they show up with NONAME in the program. If I open them in mediaplayer10 and edit the EPISODE tag on the file, they show up ok. I really recomd sonic primetime. Works really good. //Lasse
Hi Is it possible to change how u name the dvr-ms files to match MS standard. I use Sonic Primetime to burn these files directly...
Hi Is it possible to change how u name the dvr-ms files to match MS standard. I use Sonic Primetime to burn these files directly...
Replies
Views
A
I could, the problem is I need to know if there are any limitations. If someone could spec them out I could create a visual draft. :)
I could, the problem is I need to know if there are any limitations. If someone could spec them out I could create a visual draft. :)
I think it could be a nice addition to have the alphabet letters on the My Music section like ShowShifter (see link bellow) to help...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
1/ Would be nice to have the autoplay overlay automatically play after 5 seconds. Would be easy for my wife! Maybe have a setting in the xml file for how many seconds 2/ In music module--- When standing on a folder that contains albums, if I press Y it plays all the albums wich is good. Would be even nicer if the PLAY button can...
1/ Would be nice to have the autoplay overlay automatically play after 5 seconds. Would be easy for my wife! Maybe have a setting...
1/ Would be nice to have the autoplay overlay automatically play after 5 seconds. Would be easy for my wife! Maybe have a setting...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, if I integrate an external movie player like mplayer, each time a movie is started I can see the dos-box of this player until the movie itself starts. My wish would be a "hidden mode" or something like this so this dos-box starts minimized and we won´t see it :) regards, nicx...
Hi, if I integrate an external movie player like mplayer, each time a movie is started I can see the dos-box of this player...
Hi, if I integrate an external movie player like mplayer, each time a movie is started I can see the dos-box of this player...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 Offline Movies DE
ooops... Sorry! Tried it and it works beautifully! Thanks
ooops... Sorry! Tried it and it works beautifully! Thanks
Hi, I'm storing some movies offline, on burned dvds, and I'd like to have the option to view a complete movie database when going...
Replies
Views
It's on the Todo list for the Video Player. See Todo.txt in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Docs As for video / TV capture I would think it's impossible. Depending on your card / country you should capture at the full D1 resolution where possible 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL / SECAM) If widescreen is broadcast...
It's on the Todo list for the Video Player. See Todo.txt in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Docs As for video /...
And adjust the screen accordingly? so far nothing I have tried is able to do this.. widescreen broadcast is very common in...
Replies
Views
Please check frodo's comment on resuming DVDs ;) http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1373
Please check frodo's comment on resuming DVDs ;) http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1373
As mentioned by Azman in this thread. When playing a video/audio file that has been previously viewed, an option to resume at...
Replies
Views
Hi, one improvment in MyPrograms that would be great IMHO: In the file list, it would be great to be able to separate the displayed itemname from the filename!! Example in MAME: The files are ZIPs that contain all the needed ROM dumps for one game. The name of the zip archive is not very self-explanatory, but it is used...
Hi, one improvment in MyPrograms that would be great IMHO: In the file list, it would be great to be able to separate the...
Hi, one improvment in MyPrograms that would be great IMHO: In the file list, it would be great to be able to separate the...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Remote profile DE
I just bought a converter from Xbox usb to PC usb. There are plenty of these on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41015&item=8130605880&rd=1 After that, just load up the drivers and there is a simple little app to program what each of the buttons do. Piece of cake!! :P
I just bought a converter from Xbox usb to PC usb. There are plenty of these on eBay...
I have a Xbox Remote hooked up and configured. It's pretty nifty! http://redcl0ud.hostrocket.com/xbcd_rc.html Since there are a...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
1. I would like to be able to sort (up/down) different cities in the setup. At the moment they seem to appear in alphabetical order. 2. I would like to choose the favourite city that is displayed on entering the weather module. I think this is possible in other modules already. If difficult it could be the first city which is...
1. I would like to be able to sort (up/down) different cities in the setup. At the moment they seem to appear in alphabetical...
1. I would like to be able to sort (up/down) different cities in the setup. At the moment they seem to appear in alphabetical...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Animeted menu DE
The latest CVS has some basic animation stuff in My Music... DMAN.
The latest CVS has some basic animation stuff in My Music... DMAN.
Can we make the menus with animation like the mediacenter for xbox. Exploding en fading menus or sliding that is a cool feature...
Replies
Views
Bump... :!: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1206&highlight=mediamvp -Jason
Bump... :!: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1206&highlight=mediamvp -Jason
Hi, Congratulations an awesome application. Are there any plans to support Hauppauge Media MVP in Media Portal? MVP could...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
If there's any picture copying automation going on it would be good to include some date format as an option in the folder created to copy the images to.
If there's any picture copying automation going on it would be good to include some date format as an option in the folder created...
Well this weekend I had some people over and offcourse the media portal was entertaining us. Suddenly my wife wanted to make...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Win LIRC support DE
Frodo, I am, that is the setup window as called from in the Media Portal Configuration window. Am I correct in that I can call /// <summary> /// OnAction() method. This method gets called when there's a new action like a /// keypress or mousemove or... By overriding this method, the window can respond /// to any...
Frodo, I am, that is the setup window as called from in the Media Portal Configuration window. Am I correct in that I can...
Just it
Replies
Views
A
this is a possiblity, from HDD most likely, but too many ups or downs through the list might make MP unstable...... also..i DO know what each video file is so i dont need to preview it I think the preview would be much better for "My Pictures" than for "My Videos"
this is a possiblity, from HDD most likely, but too many ups or downs through the list might make MP unstable...... also..i DO...
To select a video in the My Videos list, I simply press the up and down button on my remote to get to the right file and then I hit...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Mail Client DE
Yep, As me and my family has turned into using MP more or less as the standard GUI 4 all media in the living room, I found that the need for a IMAP mail client becomes more and more vital. IMAP mail client plugin. Is there any plugin work on this? :?: \Mess
Yep, As me and my family has turned into using MP more or less as the standard GUI 4 all media in the living room, I found that the...
And my scond one, is it possible 2 grab the outlook 2003 Web Access designe and put it in MP witch gets the Data from my...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom