Improvement Suggestions (77 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
  • Poll
Crickey I must have been drunk! Ok I'll try again. If you have an album of MP3's in a folder and you press F3 to get the CD information and track details etc MP also pulls down the CD cover image. Can we get MP by default to asign the image it downloads to the folder also instead of just the tracks. DMAN.
Crickey I must have been drunk! Ok I'll try again. If you have an album of MP3's in a folder and you press F3 to get the CD...
Hi, It would be good to have an album contents always in list view. What do ya reckon? Also if the album dtails are sourced...
Replies
Views
A
we allready have a database for files We store: Album info, album art, artists, songname, trackname, genre, allmusic.com info looked up with F3. all IMDB info, picture rotation of pics for always shoing the corretc rotation etc etc This way it does not matter what folder you have and where they r, setting the view on artist, or...
we allready have a database for files We store: Album info, album art, artists, songname, trackname, genre, allmusic.com info...
Has anyone thought of using a database for displaying files rather then directly browsing directories? With a database style file...
Replies
Views
A
Anyone got Sky or Sky+ to be controller via Serial cable...?
Anyone got Sky or Sky+ to be controller via Serial cable...?
It would be really cool if MP could take advantage of using the serial port to change channels when support for cable boxes comes...
Replies
Views
Interesting... will need to investigate that
Interesting... will need to investigate that
Hi there. First of all I wanna say that MP is a great program, far better from myHTPC - Meedio and Xlobby. But I have problem...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 TV Feature DE
you allready did :)
you allready did :)
Hi I would like the ability to scale the fullscreen tv GUI. Should be easy to implement as an variable in the configuration and...
Replies
Views
A
De-activadt the "plugins" you want to use for now. Configuartation.exe > plugin > un-mark the plugins you dont want
De-activadt the "plugins" you want to use for now. Configuartation.exe > plugin > un-mark the plugins you dont want
Since I don't run TV/radio/weather/pictures via MP yet (just downloaded and installed over the weekend and don't have all tuner...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Just saw Keymap.xml :oops: DMAN
Just saw Keymap.xml :oops: DMAN
It would be good to save custom keyboard settings. Especially useful when updating builds every week. DMAN
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD options DE
It would be good to have the ability to turn on and off closed captions and choose the audio language whilst the movie is playing. In addition have keyboard buttons assigned to each. I think this has laready been asked but preferably have the DVD player as a seperate module. DMAN.
It would be good to have the ability to turn on and off closed captions and choose the audio language whilst the movie is playing...
It would be good to have the ability to turn on and off closed captions and choose the audio language whilst the movie is playing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Main menu DE
Is it possible to have the selected one always in focus and with no fade and biggest font and in the center? now it´s very confusing when the selected one is not in the middle were it could be it´s not logical to have the one with most fade is the selected this is after i scroll up or down And another thing: the tv...
Is it possible to have the selected one always in focus and with no fade and biggest font and in the center? now it´s very...
Is it possible to have the selected one always in focus and with no fade and biggest font and in the center? now it´s very...
Replies
Views
Jup, i second that! :)
Jup, i second that! :)
It would be good to have a PIN number requirement for certain movies in the Movie Module. i.e. Movies over a certain age defined...
Replies
Views
added it to todo.txt
added it to todo.txt
myMusic and myVideos. Currently the handling and usage of CDs and DVDs is a bit inconsistent. We have in myMusic and myVideos an...
Replies
Views
A
I added it to todo.txt
I added it to todo.txt
Hi, First of all, love the new settings window. Much better looking :o) When using the feature that 'automatically' hides the...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 DVD all the way out DE
wich dvd codecs r u using? Just found out that cyberlink has does listen to the settings you make in setup. Intervideo totally ignores these.
wich dvd codecs r u using? Just found out that cyberlink has does listen to the settings you make in setup. Intervideo totally...
I have installed Windows Media Center to give it a go and one thing that works really nice is the DVD playback. In Media Portal the...
Replies
Views
A
Your´re not alone ... Just to give you some feedback. I think it is an important thing, at least for keyboard users. Here is my Feature request as of May, 14th. Hasn´t made it to the ToDo list though. :wink: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=135 tomtom21000
Your´re not alone ... Just to give you some feedback. I think it is an important thing, at least for keyboard users. Here is...
I oftentimes forget what buttons I have mapped in each window. Is it possible to have a '?' button in the corner of each window...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Power management ? DE
I also think of this as a crusial feature of MP, see my link for reference: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=739
I also think of this as a crusial feature of MP, see my link for reference...
Just thought it would be nice to set the computer's power management policy from MP rather than from the OS. I guess this can be...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I'm aware of the sorting and grouping, but is it possible to group by say, genre, and then once you click on the "Electronic" genre, show folders for all of the artists in electornic, instead of one huge list of all electronic music?
I'm aware of the sorting and grouping, but is it possible to group by say, genre, and then once you click on the "Electronic"...
I'm thinking about taking a crack at dev for this thing, and the first thing I'd like to see is a better way to sort and group in...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Yea, that would be cool... I have 2 DVD players in my HTPC. Better than DVD Changer ;)
Yea, that would be cool... I have 2 DVD players in my HTPC. Better than DVD Changer ;)
It would be really nice if I could specify what drive that MP would eject when pressing the Eject button. Right now it seems to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
you can search on the folder allready but not using the mouse. Press F3 while standing on the folder. So all in all it comes down that you need the better mouse support wich is on the todo list.
you can search on the folder allready but not using the mouse. Press F3 while standing on the folder. So all in all it comes...
Hej, I must say this program looks very promising. The problem is I have a Touchscreen which I use to control the program. And I...
Replies
Views
A
Usable workaround This has worked for me for tv in OVERLAY mode: 1) go to settings and set any value for overscan, then back to the home screen and exit 2) In the MP install dir, there is now a file, in my case it was called "calibration720x576.xml". Open it, e.g. with notepad 3) Change values in the following keys: <entry...
Usable workaround This has worked for me for tv in OVERLAY mode: 1) go to settings and set any value for overscan, then back to...
I am using a flatpanel monitor as my display (15" iiyama 4:3 LCD), it is actually larger than my current TV screen. In fact, I...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
It would be nice if it was possible to press the Play key when you are in the IMDB info screen to start that movie. Now that I think of it the Y key to add the video to the playlist also might be usefull.
It would be nice if it was possible to press the Play key when you are in the IMDB info screen to start that movie. Now that I...
It would be nice if it was possible to press the Play key when you are in the IMDB info screen to start that movie. Now that I...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Time periode recording (1 Viewer) DE
Doh :lol:
Doh :lol:
I am sure a lot of users still don't use xmltv, and even though you do, should something come up so you can't use xmltv, you can't...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 My News request DE
I'll put this on my to-do list.
I'll put this on my to-do list.
The ability to change the order of RSS feeds. For some reason it keeps putting ESPN at the beginning of the list, I'm not much into...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I would like a button similar to the TV on/off button for Timeshifting on/off: (means also a new option in the settings besides Timeshifting at MP start and Timeshifting at entering TV-module) # Most of the times I don´t need it, so it is stressing the system and harddisk # It would be easy to start timeshifting when it is...
I would like a button similar to the TV on/off button for Timeshifting on/off: (means also a new option in the settings besides...
I would like a button similar to the TV on/off button for Timeshifting on/off: (means also a new option in the settings besides...
Replies
Views
may need some tweaking
may need some tweaking
Would be nice to extend the feature to two digit channels like 12, 25 or so. After there was demand for channels up to 1.000 even...
Replies
Views
A
Hehe, let's hold the horses a bit should we :wink: Converting to Xvid/Divx is a science in itself, so converting to mpeg is big enough task in my opinion! But of course you are entitled to requesting it :)
Hehe, let's hold the horses a bit should we :wink: Converting to Xvid/Divx is a science in itself, so converting to mpeg is...
I think it would be a nice feature if you could export the sbe's to standart mpeg fileformat eg. for later converting to Xvid/Divx...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Memory Footprint DE
first, of all does it bother you? do you experience problems due to the high memory usage? I ask this since other ppl noticed the high memory usage before, but they never experienced any problems with it I think .net just allocates memory and only releases it when there is need 2 Besides that, there is a bug in the .net 1.1...
first, of all does it bother you? do you experience problems due to the high memory usage? I ask this since other ppl noticed...
Media player currently uses an incredible amount of memory while running, about 180MBytes on my computer. It would be nice if...
Replies
Views
number 2 and 3 are allready being done. the results r just result you would also get when searching allmusic.com yourself. the step to confirm if it's the correct info is nice.
number 2 and 3 are allready being done. the results r just result you would also get when searching allmusic.com yourself...
O.K. This is how I understand that the album art and info thing works at the moment: I press F3 to get album information. It is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 myTV DE
Yep, that could also be a good solution. Another EPG search example that looks nice is from MythTV: http://mythtv.sourceforge.net/mc/mpf3.png There you go from left to right. In the first table all characters are listed. In the second all matching programs to the selected character and the last lists all occurencies of the...
Yep, that could also be a good solution. Another EPG search example that looks nice is from MythTV...
Since you are currently working on myTV, i don't know if some of my requests are done allready. :) program guide: search option...
Replies
Views
yeah, this should be in. I want to hide some stuff from my girlfriend ;)
yeah, this should be in. I want to hide some stuff from my girlfriend ;)
Hi pin code for a movie folder would be great for some xxx movies my child is´t supose to see
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 MyRadio request DE
Read through the todo list and didn't see it, otherwise I wouldn't have added it here =)
Read through the todo list and didn't see it, otherwise I wouldn't have added it here =)
Can we have the option added to schedule recording stations in MyRadio. I would love to timeshift certain netradio stations.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom