Improvement Suggestions (79 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
A
Here's my suggestions/wish list for things to add to MP after 0.1 is released. Sorry if any of these have been mentioned before, I'm new here. :roll: 1) TV card configuration setup I have tried out several HTPC apps with TV plugins and none of them have particularly "user friendly" to setup. There are just too many settings...
Here's my suggestions/wish list for things to add to MP after 0.1 is released. Sorry if any of these have been mentioned before...
Here's my suggestions/wish list for things to add to MP after 0.1 is released. Sorry if any of these have been mentioned before...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
nice idea,
nice idea,
I apologize if someone already said this, but it would be great if there was a way to have the visualizations change everytime the...
Replies
Views
A
Hello, i'm using the tool tvm2xml.exe to convert tvguide data from an (tvmovie.de)access database into xmltv format. Unfortunately i cannot configure MP to call this executable once the F3 key is pressed to update all information. Is it possible to have the MP-programguide/-xmltv setup more flexible ? Thanks Chris
Hello, i'm using the tool tvm2xml.exe to convert tvguide data from an (tvmovie.de)access database into xmltv format...
Hello, i'm using the tool tvm2xml.exe to convert tvguide data from an (tvmovie.de)access database into xmltv format...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Playlist Icons DE
I know how to get icons to show up by setting up individual radio streams through the F2 control panel. It'd be nice if icons could be set-up similarly through saved playlists with corresponding icons saved in the thumbs directory. Thanks!
I know how to get icons to show up by setting up individual radio streams through the F2 control panel. It'd be nice if icons...
I know how to get icons to show up by setting up individual radio streams through the F2 control panel. It'd be nice if icons...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 .nfo files DE
Too bad we don't get nfos with DVDs :)
Too bad we don't get nfos with DVDs :)
Ok, had an idea. It would be really nice to build in some sort of viewer of .nfo files. I know there are web renderers to render...
Replies
Views
A
Really keen to see DVB-T cards working as well. I have an Avermedia DVB-T, shame we dont seem to get DVICO cards here in the UK... :? Please please please can we have support for DVB-T cards??? :)
Really keen to see DVB-T cards working as well. I have an Avermedia DVB-T, shame we dont seem to get DVICO cards here in the UK...
I can't get my digital usb reciever to work with MP and I guess it is not yet supported. Can we expect that to be implemented in a...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I have 2 systems running Mediaportal. Do I need to update both of them or I can just copy some file from one to another ? BTW I am impressed with the progress of MEDIAPORTAL has made during the last 2 months. Mediaportal is probably the best all-around Frontend/PVR/Mediacenter. If only I could have timeshifting with soffware...
I have 2 systems running Mediaportal. Do I need to update both of them or I can just copy some file from one to another ? BTW I...
I think some sort of progressbar will be needed for the auto-update. The update took quite some time so that I nearly broke off...
Replies
Views
I have been trying almost all HTPC software...i choose Media Portal for my home made HTPC. This software is very good (congratulations all). I use the HTPC just connected to TV (by svideo). I would like to see a module (I’m not a developer...) very simple, where we can configure links that can be text links, or a icon, or a...
I have been trying almost all HTPC software...i choose Media Portal for my home made HTPC. This software is very good...
I have been trying almost all HTPC software...i choose Media Portal for my home made HTPC. This software is very good...
Replies
Views
A
done
done
Is there any way to play all the songs automatically when you first go into 'My Music"? What I want is for it to play with the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 autoupdate wishes DE
I'd also like an option for the update (after the download) to be done when either I quit or start MediaPortal rather than when I'm using it.
I'd also like an option for the update (after the download) to be done when either I quit or start MediaPortal rather than when I'm...
Hi folks, Autoupdate is great! :) But it would be nice, if there could be some settings for it to manage. My suggestions...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
is this idea possible or just a pipe dream.
is this idea possible or just a pipe dream.
the greatest car stereo known to mankind (the Empeg), which has a hard drive, has a remote which enables the user to pick another...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 INSERT function DE
what do you think of this idea?
what do you think of this idea?
It would be great if there was a way to insert a song in the playlist. What I mean is you would hit insert and it would play the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Thanks!
Thanks!
In the Pictures or Music folders, there is always that arrow in the upper left hand corner that will enable you to go back to the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Sorry, just read Frodo's reply: press x end you go directly to full screen view
Sorry, just read Frodo's reply: press x end you go directly to full screen view
Hello All, I don't know if it's allready possible, but i would like to go to the TV guide and directly view a program by pressing...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
in my tv goto the tv channel you want to want and press x Frodo
in my tv goto the tv channel you want to want and press x Frodo
Hi, in the tv guide, when you select a program, it would be nice to have an option which directly switches to the channel. Of...
Replies
Views
A
I think it would be nice if Media Portal would save where you left off at if you exit out of Media Portal. This would be the exact point in the song where you closed it or, if you are in pictures mode, the exact last picture.
I think it would be nice if Media Portal would save where you left off at if you exit out of Media Portal. This would be the exact...
I think it would be nice if Media Portal would save where you left off at if you exit out of Media Portal. This would be the exact...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I'm also keen to have this functionality. And as soon as I can find the appropriate methods in the WMP object, I might just implement it. (I love open source!) Until then : "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:3 /RipAudioCD "%L" replace "%L" with your CD drive letter. Works in Windows media player...
I'm also keen to have this functionality. And as soon as I can find the appropriate methods in the WMP object, I might just...
This feature request involves an addition to 'MyMusic' or a separate plugin for copying CD-Audio and encoding to mp3 (or...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 External devices DE
this is allready possible. We can control the usbuirt device.
this is allready possible. We can control the usbuirt device.
Hi, first, I am a new user. Tried several HTPC progs which did not work very well. So thanx for the effort! Seems like this one...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 shutdown options DE
Great. Thank you Guys !
Great. Thank you Guys !
I'd like to shutdown/standby the computer when exiting MediaPortal.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Help page DE
Yes, well I am not talking about an indepth setup guide or anything but rather explaining the view and what shortcuts are avaible. As an example, how many times have you told people to press Y when they want to have the OSD on screen? There are probably three times as many who will never ask, they just install the program and use the...
Yes, well I am not talking about an indepth setup guide or anything but rather explaining the view and what shortcuts are avaible...
When I have been doing skins one thing that suprises me is that there are several features you find out about that you had no idea...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 maybe a complet navigation bar (1 Viewer) DE
Hi Scubefr, OSD in My TV, and My Videos already does offer extra buttons as you suggest. [Press Y] What particular modules, and buttons would you lilke to see in MediaPortal for upcoming releases?
Hi Scubefr, OSD in My TV, and My Videos already does offer extra buttons as you suggest. [Press Y] What particular modules, and...
I mean a navigation bar with play stop pause forward (…) button and maybe more … And maybe different button in different module No?
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
After selecting a category, and then selecting a particular receipe, the receipe is displayed. The backbutton takes you back to the category screen. Could it be designed to move back to the last categorized list of receipes, that you were on before selecting the receipe you had just looked at? A user may be searching for a particular...
After selecting a category, and then selecting a particular receipe, the receipe is displayed. The backbutton takes you back to the...
After selecting a category, and then selecting a particular receipe, the receipe is displayed. The backbutton takes you back to the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Hey Samsonite: You can do this already! Just got me an animated gif from the web and replaced the original background.png with the file renamed to background.gif. Then changed home.xml from reference to background.png to background.gif ... Et voila I have a background full of blinking stars! :lol: Changes need to be...
Hey Samsonite: You can do this already! Just got me an animated gif from the web and replaced the original background.png with...
I know this is something that might feel like a low prio thing and it just might be BUT I wanted to say why I think it would be...
Replies
Views
A
Let us shift the focus to something interesting instead. Since I am also a user of XP Media Center (it is temporary and my mind is set for MP... I just need to get it to look the way I want first ;) ... j/k ). One thing that I am almost sure about is that MCE uses directX?!?! It has all the nice effects that is displayed on screen...
Let us shift the focus to something interesting instead. Since I am also a user of XP Media Center (it is temporary and my mind is...
It seems, that MediaPortal is the only application I know that does not work with Remote desktop connection. I don't want to use...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I think the major problem to build something like this is that there is not one single resource where you can pull the informtaion. For each site that offers you traffic information for your local area there would be a different structure. That would be really tricky to solve. I am not saying it's a bad idea but my first reaction was...
I think the major problem to build something like this is that there is not one single resource where you can pull the informtaion...
Hi, just thought about 2 nice features that could be interesting. First i thought about sth. like a traffic module. If you...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
thanks frodo. tomtom: oooh, that was exactly the simile I was looking for :P
thanks frodo. tomtom: oooh, that was exactly the simile I was looking for :P
hi devs... last night I posted in graphics & skins about the(according to me) wrong use of the scrollable menu. but I there got...
Replies
Views
I did a search on this topic but I couldnt´t find that it had been requested previously, so here it goes: Making directorys mergable, or perhaps naming them the same on 2 different harddrives and then when listing the subfolders and files in them. you list what´s in both of them. for example: TV-series. I got a whole bunch of...
I did a search on this topic but I couldnt´t find that it had been requested previously, so here it goes: Making directorys...
I did a search on this topic but I couldnt´t find that it had been requested previously, so here it goes: Making directorys...
Replies
Views
It would be nice if the internal video player had a smoother fast forward / rewind capability. By this I mean if you fast forward / rewind now it only seems to show the key frames of the file which makes it difficult to accurately get to a certain position in the video file. In addition if you are fast forwarding a file you cannot...
It would be nice if the internal video player had a smoother fast forward / rewind capability. By this I mean if you fast forward...
It would be nice if the internal video player had a smoother fast forward / rewind capability. By this I mean if you fast forward...
Replies
Views
Ok kewl I have adjusted it to my likeing. I did not think it would be so easy. Thanks! It would be good if there were some true 16x9 skins though. XBMC skins have many variants... i.e. NTSC, NTSC16x9, PAL, PAL16x9, 720p, 1080i I suppose when you're dealing with one graphics chipset things are alot easier. It would be good...
Ok kewl I have adjusted it to my likeing. I did not think it would be so easy. Thanks! It would be good if there were some true...
Hi, On my 32inch widescreen TV the preview panel on the home page still looks tiny. I'm using a 16x9 resolution on my display...
Replies
Views
Fixed
Fixed
It is very nice that CD/DVD drives now automatically get shares assigned. But it would be even nicer if they were named something...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom