Mainboards / CPU / RAM (8 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 Choice of CPU... DE
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent overclock.
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent...
Hey guys, I got lucky and bought an opteron 150 (2.4ghz, 1mb cache) for a fraction of its price (85$ US). Now, I started...
Replies
Views
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can select a Performance/Power Saving Preference. Setting this to Power Saving Level 4 could perhaps help to avoid your spiking problem. Current official version of RMClock is 2.05. In the Forum you will find...
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can...
I saw 0.2RC4 spiking.. at least when recording a movie. When I tried to setup CrystalCPU to benefit from Cool and Quite I have...
Replies
Views
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago, included a psu too. But for major items I prefer Newegg. They also have an extensive review system for most of their items and after reading a few of them you can quickly get the drift of other users...
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago...
This is the first HTPC i've ever built, It's gonna be a full sized computer. I need to know what motherboard/cpu I should get for...
Replies
Views
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty quiet but the fans was a bit noisy so I added a Zalman Fanmate 2 to lower the speed. There is a review here: http://www.caseclosed.co.uk/review_enlight_7473.htm
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty...
Hello, I have now oficially chunked my Shuttle ST62k, because it would not wake up from hibernate/standby when a recording was...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU choice DE
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet functions. My rec.: Budget: Sempron w/CnQ (s754) Main: AMD64 3000+/3200+ (s939) perf. on a nForce 430 mobo (w/6150GFX) To much money: PentiumM My main rec. in bold text.
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet...
well I am currently running media portal on a AMD sempron 2400 (pretty old). I am only using it for eveything but live tv so...
Replies
Views
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130526 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130520
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available...
Been reading for a couple weeks and wanted to get your thoughts on selecting a motherboard for a HTPC. The role of the HTPC will...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI boards for at least 10 years. Long before they added the flashy stuff and became so expensive. They have always been very reliable and stable. Only one died and that's because the power supply killed it...
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI...
Hi, I've been doing a lot of research on a motherboard to use for a HTPC, and I really like the nForce430 motherboards with...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What CPU? DE
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost for both was about $110 US with shipping. These semprons overclock really well too. What I saved on the board and CPU I used to buy an X1300 card for graphics. I bought it refurbished for $66 with...
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost...
I have no idea where to begin looking for a CPU for my HTPC. I want to use the HTPC mainly for watching and recording TV and...
Replies
Views
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
I have always used Intel cpu and gone build a new test computer and want to try AMD this time.. Need help to select the right...
Replies
Views
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I live in sweden and it hasn't arrived any cards yet!! do someone know a seller in europe that shipps to sweden, has it in stock...
Replies
Views
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI riser, but the motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot!!!!
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI...
Can this mobo do in a HTPC? I'm thinking about graphics/audio Case:Silverstone LC04. Any sugest for speed of CPU, it must run...
Replies
Views
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the onboard DX9 capable graphics, would be more than enough for your media portal needs. :wink...
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the...
Hi I am looking for a good m-atx board. The following is important Spdif good standby function socket a or 754 (AMDbased)...
Replies
Views
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV Out to keep initial costs down. My HTPC would only be used for watching/recording and playback to SD digital tv using just the TV Out port. For DVD movie playback I'd just stick to using my regular...
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV...
Hi I am going to build an new htpc. I already have samsung hd hauppauge 150 saphire radeon 256 mb samsung dvd player...
Replies
Views
scottb721
S
MP1 MP2 CPU selection guide! (1 Viewer) DE
One more question: From the AMD technical paper: ALL the Athlon 64 with the same core do have the same lowest state power consumption (22W) and the same highest state consumption of 89W. So that means that my 2800+ uses 89W @ 1800Mhz. If I look at a 3200+ which has a higher max state and in addition has several...
One more question: From the AMD technical paper: ALL the Athlon 64 with the same core do have the same lowest state power...
What CPU fits best with a HTPC (specially Media Portal)?! I am going to buy a new AMD board and struggling between the many...
Replies
Views
A
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black etc.) resulted in colourful artefacts at the edges like a pearly necklace. Because of the obviously different results with homemade solutions, as I read here, I bought this device...
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black...
Hi there, I was looking for a motherboard which support either the Athlon 64 chips or P4 chips.. I haven't bought my chip yet so...
Replies
Views
K
MP1 MP2 CPU (1 Viewer) DE
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD cores. :o 1.4 Ghz should suffice though
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD...
Which CPU is recommend for MP? I am thinking about a Athlon 64. Or is the performance of a AMD Semperon god enough for MP?
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 RAM Usage DE
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
Hi there, what do you think, how much MB of RAM do I need for Mediaportal and a constantly running Emule or Bittorrent...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom