Newcomers Forum (69 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our forums, then this sub forum is the perfect place to start. If you have general questions about MediaPortal (what it is, what it does) then feel free to post a thread here. When you start a support thread...
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our...
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Make a donation to MediaPortal (2 Viewers) DE
hi, you can use the form here: Donate | MediaPortal HTPC when you click on Donate (2 clicks) you can choose to login to PayPal or just donate by creditcard. 2nd option does not require to create /have a PayPal account
hi, you can use the form here: Donate | MediaPortal HTPC when you click on Donate (2 clicks) you can choose to login to PayPal...
The MediaPortal Project needs your help! To keep working on MediaPortal and add all new features / solve bugs we would appreciate...
Replies
Views
U
Either use english as post language, or ask zou question on russian forum Team-MediaPortal - Это -англоязычный форум. Или переформулируйте вопрос на английском, или задайте вопрос на русском форуме Team-MediaPortal -
Either use english as post language, or ask zou question on russian forum Team-MediaPortal - Это -англоязычный форум. Или...
Не происходит поиск каналов в TVserver? при попытке сканирования говорит: "please install a supported audio/video encoder for your...
Replies
Views
U
Hi I saw that one of the features of the program was to record from streamming radios, but I have installed it and I don't know how to do it, and I think that perhaps it is imposible. I love this radio: Msica en Linea from here: FUTURA FM And this one: On-Line from here: ESPIRAL FM ¿Is is possible to...
Hi I saw that one of the features of the program was to record from streamming radios, but I have installed it and I don't know how...
Hi I saw that one of the features of the program was to record from streamming radios, but I have installed it and I don't know how...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
Hi I think you may struggle for under £30. The Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1100 Ray suggested is £34.97 from Amazon so not much over. I find Hauppauge products work well with MediaPortal and Hauppauge seem reasonable for support. I have used a WinTV PVR-500, two WinTV HVR-4000s and am currently using one of the WinTV HVR-4000s and a...
Hi I think you may struggle for under £30. The Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1100 Ray suggested is £34.97 from Amazon so not much over...
I intend to buy a PCI card so that I can capture VHS tapes to my computer's hard drive. If I can watch Freeview with it, even...
Replies
Views
Re: upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.1.2 Thanks Tompa for your answer. As you said I uninstalled the old version and installed the last release from scratch and it works. Still need to adjust some parameters, but it's up and running. :) rv
Re: upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.1.2 Thanks Tompa for your answer. As you said I uninstalled the old version and installed the...
Hi all, I installed MP as a MediaCenter now almost 2 years ago and it worked nice without bigger problems since then. So first...
Replies
Views
#HomeY I have tried your suggestion & I am happy to say that I have now audio on DVD playback. Thank you very much for your assistance.
#HomeY I have tried your suggestion & I am happy to say that I have now audio on DVD playback. Thank you very much for your assistance.
I having a problem with dvd playback using MP 1.2.3.0. I cannot get any sound. I can get sound on live tv & audio cd's & the MP...
Replies
Views
Might want to have a look at kxDriver if you have a Creative Soundcard. This allows you to direct the audio from your applications to a notional port on the card. I have MP set to run via the digital out port on my soundcard and games etc to the computer speaker port. Only problem is you can't have more than one iteration of...
Might want to have a look at kxDriver if you have a Creative Soundcard. This allows you to direct the audio from your applications...
Hello everyone. I'm kinda new to the HTPC world, and I'm currently gathering information for a system I'm building. Due to a...
Replies
Views
Install this: Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and try again.
Install this: Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and try again.
Somthing happened when I unplugged my PC accidentally and MP was running. I turn it on again and now when I want to play ANY video...
Replies
Views
DMember 49125
D
Alrighty this is my first post/first thread here at MP. Problem: Upon installing & configuring Media Portal TV server, setting up the database MySQL freezes and crashes. Solution: Download and run a newer version of MySQL (current as of May 21, 2011 is MySQL ver 5.5.1) Pretty much i was strugglin to figure out why the MySQL...
Alrighty this is my first post/first thread here at MP. Problem: Upon installing & configuring Media Portal TV server, setting...
Alrighty this is my first post/first thread here at MP. Problem: Upon installing & configuring Media Portal TV server, setting...
Replies
Views
Possibly. You may want to check your provider's frequency table rather than relying on IMDB.
Possibly. You may want to check your provider's frequency table rather than relying on IMDB.
Hi, First of all, thank you guys for existing and being awesome! I have read a gazillion topics and you are patient and helpful...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get the IR Server Suite plugin working to use my STB in combination with mediaportal. I have a MCE eHome transceiver which is built-in in my scaleo E. I'd like to use the blast ports to control my STB. However, I'm stuck with learning the remote and could use some help. - When I use the debug client, bot the MCE remote...
I'm trying to get the IR Server Suite plugin working to use my STB in combination with mediaportal. I have a MCE eHome transceiver...
I'm trying to get the IR Server Suite plugin working to use my STB in combination with mediaportal. I have a MCE eHome transceiver...
Replies
Views
hfcrussel you didn't understand the problem. YES! MP starts on the 2nd monitor (TV) but when I switch the TV off and then turn it on - MP window moves to the the 1st monitor. So I will install Windows XP..
hfcrussel you didn't understand the problem. YES! MP starts on the 2nd monitor (TV) but when I switch the TV off and then turn...
I have a monitor and TV connected to my PC (ASRock H55M + Intel® Core™ i3-530 Processor (4M Cache, 2.93 GHz) with good Integrated...
Replies
Views
Hello, i'm new with Mediaportal and need your help. My problem is that i can resicve networkstreams with VLC as client. I have test different ways but no positiv result right now. My Server system: Windows XP SP3 TV Server (V1.0.2) SQL Express TV Card Technisat Skystar 2 DVB-S The TV Server is running und for test...
Hello, i'm new with Mediaportal and need your help. My problem is that i can resicve networkstreams with VLC as client. I...
Hello, i'm new with Mediaportal and need your help. My problem is that i can resicve networkstreams with VLC as client. I...
Replies
Views
First, how about comparing how you have the computer connected to the TV vs how you have the STB connected. Are you using the same input and what is it (ie composite, component, HDMI?). What video card are you using in the PC?
First, how about comparing how you have the computer connected to the TV vs how you have the STB connected. Are you using the same...
I wanted to buy a Hauppauge HVR2200 MCE tuner card but I've been told that my 3-month old computer can't be fitted with this card...
Replies
Views
Did you fiddle with the Server streaming address setting in the TV server config? That unable to connect fe80..... sounds like the server is set to stream on an invalid setting.
Did you fiddle with the Server streaming address setting in the TV server config? That unable to connect fe80..... sounds like...
I think I'm gradually getting the hang of Forum posting. I thought I had to suffer an actual crash before I could generate a log...
Replies
Views
Aaah allright, in that way.. It's not possible to do it manually that way, but you can try the Inteligent frame correction plugin, it has black bar detection and it will zoom in and out automaticly. Otherwise the viewmodeswitcher plugin does also that kind of things.
Aaah allright, in that way.. It's not possible to do it manually that way, but you can try the Inteligent frame correction...
are there shortcuts to zoom out/in for watching videos ? watching pictures i use PageUp / PageDown to zoom, Thank you, proper88
Replies
Views
Newbie here. I have looked in the Glossary for Zoom (and Timeshifting) but they were not there. Would you please explain what Zoom modes are for / how to use.
Newbie here. I have looked in the Glossary for Zoom (and Timeshifting) but they were not there. Would you please explain what...
Newbie here. I have looked in the Glossary for Zoom (and Timeshifting) but they were not there. Would you please explain what...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply. Im using the latest version of mediaportal, and the Indigo 1.7 skin. It just shows the information about the film below the film, and out of the screen. Have anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for the reply. Im using the latest version of mediaportal, and the Indigo 1.7 skin. It just shows the information about...
Hello, I would like too see the IMDB info in the shared view, and need the Zeflash or Boelshit dlls right? Where do I find...
Replies
Views
Hey Bribbon, Don’t worry if I ever manage to work this out I’ll tell the world ;) Under the management console (vista 64) my display also shows as a generic Plug and Play Monitor. If anyones system shows otherwise please let us know. Savvy
Hey Bribbon, Don’t worry if I ever manage to work this out I’ll tell the world ;) Under the management console (vista 64) my...
After over 12 months of tinkering, I have an almost satisfactory system, using the Zalman HD160XT+ case, with the 7" touchscreen...
Replies
Views
M
MP1 MP2 ZA EPG support DE
I am still on 1.0.2.
I am still on 1.0.2.
Hi Guys, I glad to say my MP is running nice and smooth, i have even sold my Mvix media player to upgrade my PC. I hope i can...
Replies
Views
I install this plugin. It looks great, but for some videos this plugin says that "unable the to playback the item". I use LAV filter, and for video TV and DVD works fine. Only this plugin has problems. Now, I dont know where is the problem, maybe problem in source of video or codec in MP. Thank you
I install this plugin. It looks great, but for some videos this plugin says that "unable the to playback the item". I use LAV...
I install this plugin. It looks great, but for some videos this plugin says that "unable the to playback the item". I use LAV...
Replies
Views
4 year bump, still looking for a solution myself....
4 year bump, still looking for a solution myself....
I have downloaded some flv movie files from Youtube and saved them in my video map. However the hotkeys for play next (n button or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 youtube plugin DE
Try Online Videos :)
Try Online Videos :)
Sorry for all the questions guys :( is there a youtube plugin where you can search for vids? My youtube plugin works but there...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Youtube Plugin DE
AW: Youtube Plugin No problem, glad it works now. Thanks for replying.
AW: Youtube Plugin No problem, glad it works now. Thanks for replying.
Hi All, not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes... i installed a youtube.fm plugin from this website...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 youtube plugin DE
which keyword do i have to choose? -just youtube does not work ! there are many interesting sites that could be connected such as: Sendung verpasst? (language:german)
which keyword do i have to choose? -just youtube does not work ! there are many interesting sites that could be connected such as...
Hello is it possible to develope a plugin for mediaportal to find and watch youtube videos?
Replies
Views
Hi Mihael, I haven't used this for a while, but it sounds like youtube.fm will do what you're after. You can get it at MEDIAPORTAL - YouTube.fm. Regards, Andrew
Hi Mihael, I haven't used this for a while, but it sounds like youtube.fm will do what you're after. You can get it at...
Anybody know, how to setup plugin with youTube. I like to listen music, that i want. Thank for any information. Mihael
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 YouTube DE
Add the site using the instructions here: https://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/wiki/SiteParser https://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/wiki/CreateRegex or create a site request thread in here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/onlinevideos.244/
Add the site using the instructions here: https://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/wiki/SiteParser...
Hey guys, another newbie question: Have YouTube, Netflix, or other similar services been integrated into MP, and you can access...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 YouTube DE
Is it possible in streamedMP have only youtube with search and nothing else. On line video have to many option for my children and often MP frezee because is something wrong with TV station or something that. When listen and search only in youtube never happend any trouble. Is any solution? Thank you. Mihael
Is it possible in streamedMP have only youtube with search and nothing else. On line video have to many option for my children and...
Is it possible in streamedMP have only youtube with search and nothing else. On line video have to many option for my children and...
Replies
Views
Hi there Did you try searching the forum? There are a range of options available. I would start by looking here...
Hi there Did you try searching the forum? There are a range of options available. I would start by looking here...
When I try to tune into an analogue channel the following error message appears: Failed to add audio compressor. You must install...
Replies
Views
*bump bump* :)
*bump bump* :)
Hi all, When importing movies, the year and rating fields are never updated, or are updated with broken data. I have not found...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 yahoo online videos DE
Hi all Im having problems with yahoo online video. When i start online videos and select yahoo online videos it all ways gives me the same message (NO VIDEOS FOUND) But a couple of times it has found just 1 video and its allways the same one (R KELLY ,HAPPY PEOPLE) and this works fine both picture and audio ,so it just doesnt seem...
Hi all Im having problems with yahoo online video. When i start online videos and select yahoo online videos it all ways gives me...
Hi all Im having problems with yahoo online video. When i start online videos and select yahoo online videos it all ways gives me...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom