Newcomers Forum (42 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Hallo, I have a lcd tv (Philips, 42PF9731/D) with a Upnp client software in it, this works fine for avi and dvd's but not with hd dvd files. Is there any possibility or a application which will help me to play hddvd content from min pc on the tv via ip networking? Thanks ozcan
Hallo, I have a lcd tv (Philips, 42PF9731/D) with a Upnp client software in it, this works fine for avi and dvd's but not with hd...
Hallo, I have a lcd tv (Philips, 42PF9731/D) with a Upnp client software in it, this works fine for avi and dvd's but not with hd...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Guide Update DE
Since you're in the US, you have to actually get the data from somewhere else. There's a couple of different options that are available here, most of which you have to pay for. The one I use and the one that you'll get recommended to you the most is Schedules Direct. It's $20/year, but you get guide data for all of your channels...
Since you're in the US, you have to actually get the data from somewhere else. There's a couple of different options that are...
Hi, How can I update the TV Guide? I see the option to provide an XML file, but I have no idea how to populate that file. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys First of all a big thanks to the Media Portal devs, what a great bit of software. :) I have been using mp for about a year (On two seperate machines) but only for basic functionality such as playing DVD's and AVI's etc. I share each machines movies folder to be accessed by the other one which has all worked fairly well. A...
Hi Guys First of all a big thanks to the Media Portal devs, what a great bit of software. :) I have been using mp for about a...
Hi Guys First of all a big thanks to the Media Portal devs, what a great bit of software. :) I have been using mp for about a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 record radio DE
ok thanks, and ad hoc recording ? If I listen to a radio and want to record now.
ok thanks, and ad hoc recording ? If I listen to a radio and want to record now.
can anyone tell me if there is any update on recording radio from a freeview card? all the requests seem to be fairly old.
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any experience running Mediaportal on a computer with 2 graphics cards and a touch screen on one of them and a TV on the other? I'm running MCE 2005 on a computer with SLI support and 2 graphics cards. I would like to control Mediaportal on the touch-screen (especially choosing music with cover-art) and have...
Does anyone have any experience running Mediaportal on a computer with 2 graphics cards and a touch screen on one of them and a TV...
Does anyone have any experience running Mediaportal on a computer with 2 graphics cards and a touch screen on one of them and a TV...
Replies
Views
You could use VLC and setup a stream. Then you could add this stream URL as a Webstream Radio Channel to TVengine and listen to it on every MP Client you have connected to that TVengine.
You could use VLC and setup a stream. Then you could add this stream URL as a Webstream Radio Channel to TVengine and listen to it...
Hi, I've searched the forums but still havn't found the answer to this question. Please help me out. I have serveral...
Replies
Views
2400DT and MP Sorted now thank you, it was actually really simple. If you select a transmitter that has no signal in your area (which I did in error) MP crashes, get the right transmitter and all is well. Thanks to all
2400DT and MP Sorted now thank you, it was actually really simple. If you select a transmitter that has no signal in your area...
As soon as I try to 'Scan' for channels MP crashes ! Anyone else seen this?
Replies
Views
I could be wrong, are you in the North America region by any chance, if so look here for EPG info If not, it usually does help to give a Country, which help's us point you in the right direction.
I could be wrong, are you in the North America region by any chance, if so look here for EPG info If not, it usually does help...
I hope someone can help me I downloaded an installed Mp and I really like how it looks I was able to get my tuner cards working in...
Replies
Views
See here the difference between the 'old MyTV' and the 'new' TV Server http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/overview They interface seamlessly, when you select My TV you enter the TV Server...
See here the difference between the 'old MyTV' and the 'new' TV Server http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/overview...
What's the difference between the main MediaPortal program, and the TV-Service program, and how exactly do they interface together...
Replies
Views
Hi and welcome! See this thread The PVR-150 is supported, both in TVE2 ("standard" TV engine) and TVE3 (TV-server)
Hi and welcome! See this thread The PVR-150 is supported, both in TVE2 ("standard" TV engine) and TVE3 (TV-server)
Hi, I saw the MP and I'm willing to try this on my machine. I already have a Media Center PC. Now I have one machine with...
Replies
Views
i have tried this, but it doesn't quite work to well, it involves a registry entry to change the sole program from explorer.exe to mediaportal.exe, and as far as the log on screen, goto start ->run-> msconfig (enter) then goto the boot.ini tab, put a check in noguiboot and thee ya go. It's been awhile since i tried this, i cant...
i have tried this, but it doesn't quite work to well, it involves a registry entry to change the sole program from explorer.exe to...
Hello I am about to finish building a media pc specifically for playing music on my hifi. I have been recommended Media Portal...
Replies
Views
i did read that thread. must have missed that part. sorry. :(
i did read that thread. must have missed that part. sorry. :(
i'm finding this all a bit intimidating. i started a thread in the "get support" section, but no replies yet. i've noticed many...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, First of all, what a breath of fresh air media portal is, i've had no end of trouble with mce 2005 and am glad to report that all my problems went away when i loaded up media portal. However I do have a couple of problems now if someone could shed some light on! First of all, the MCE remote I'm using seems to be a...
Hi everyone, First of all, what a breath of fresh air media portal is, i've had no end of trouble with mce 2005 and am glad to...
Hi everyone, First of all, what a breath of fresh air media portal is, i've had no end of trouble with mce 2005 and am glad to...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your replies all. By reinstall, I meant complete format of harddrive after having installed a new motherboard and CPU. I'll see if I get some time later tonight to post the logs.
Thanks for your replies all. By reinstall, I meant complete format of harddrive after having installed a new motherboard and CPU...
It happens whenever I watch TV on the client PC and all logs seems to be clean as if both client and server think it's still...
Replies
Views
what if i run clients on the server. or in virtual machines on the server?
what if i run clients on the server. or in virtual machines on the server?
i am thinking of purchasing /building a high powered pc to act as a media center. i would like to know if it is possible to have 2...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Newbie hep DE
This is exactly the problem. There were discussions in the past where users had problems with USB drives mapped for MediaPortal. Unfortunately there is no solution I know of. Maybe you should rename this thread in "Mapping USB network share" or something like this. If somebody knows a solution he will reply. -level20peon
This is exactly the problem. There were discussions in the past where users had problems with USB drives mapped for MediaPortal...
I have used media portal in the past and had little problems. I have recently upgraded to the 2.3.0 stable build. Every time I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Question on setup DE
if you need to stick with an AGP interface, I think the 7xxx series cards are the best nVidia ones that you can use. I have a 6600 AGP card that still works really well and has component output. For the resolution of the gfx card, just like an LCD, you are best off finding out the native resolution of your TV and outputting at that res.
if you need to stick with an AGP interface, I think the 7xxx series cards are the best nVidia ones that you can use. I have a 6600...
I'm looking at building a media pc. My goal is to have a machine upstairs with my tv and all my storage downstairs on my server. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Simulate STB on PC DE
if it's microsoft based (mediaroom) then you will not be able to. They use DRM and the keys change at a predetermined time.
if it's microsoft based (mediaroom) then you will not be able to. They use DRM and the keys change at a predetermined time.
Hello, here in Montenegro started IPTV over T-Com. But problem is that we can watch only one program at the time. Can i use PC...
Replies
Views
I just upgraded and all my settings remained. Also there is no uninstall/ renistall this time around Great job MP Team
I just upgraded and all my settings remained. Also there is no uninstall/ renistall this time around Great job MP Team
Hey guys, Not new to Media Portal, but new to the forums. I am considering upgrading to the new version, but was...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Search a thread DE
Thanks. How embarressment. Doh !
Thanks. How embarressment. Doh !
Hello, newbie here. Another forum I visit has an handy feature where you can search an individual thread which is very useful...
Replies
Views
What about 1080P skins?
What about 1080P skins?
Hey all, Installed Media Portal at home last night and spent about 10 minutes messing with it. It looks fantastic. Blows my mind...
Replies
Views
bummer no support here Do the Devs come in and read any of these?
bummer no support here Do the Devs come in and read any of these?
Geniatech HDTV thriller-X8000A HDTV PCI Card http://www.geniatech.com/pa/x8000a.htm Hello.... has anybody used this specific...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 First questions DE
:thx: Paranoid Delusion, that looks right up my street. I'll print the .pdf and find my favourite armchair.
:thx: Paranoid Delusion, that looks right up my street. I'll print the .pdf and find my favourite armchair.
Hi everyone from a total MediaPortal noob :) . I will use MP on a new purpose built HTPC (I'll post proposed specs for feedback...
Replies
Views
Hmmm... I'll have to look at my card specs. I'm using a 7900GTX 512MB that I replaced in my game machine. Not sure if it does or not... Also, is there a favored program for encoding into x.264? One that works with media portal? Seems there are a couple out there! I'll have to read thru Doom9 and see what they say as well...
Hmmm... I'll have to look at my card specs. I'm using a 7900GTX 512MB that I replaced in my game machine. Not sure if it does or...
Hi all, Just found out about Media Portal via AVS forum discussion. Actually, the screenshots of a skin(xface) really drew me in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 recording TV DE
It's a LINK to tell you how to do it. FOR FULL SUPPORT PLEASE GIVE USER SPECIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT LOG's as per HERE
It's a LINK to tell you how to do it. FOR FULL SUPPORT PLEASE GIVE USER SPECIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT LOG's as per HERE
im running MP in windows XP, not as a dedicated PC but just as another windows utility program i have tried recording a couple...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Baustelle HTPC DE
flokel is right - please use the German part of the forum if you prefer to use German over English :) .: Deutsches MediaPortal Forum :. Thread closed
flokel is right - please use the German part of the forum if you prefer to use German over English :) .: Deutsches MediaPortal...
:) Hallo erstmal an die Gemeinde, da ich ein Newbee bin stell ich mich mal vor: 46 Jahre jung, aufgeschlossen und eigentlich mehr...
Replies
Views
Zap2it used to give free listings but stopped doing so last September because of abuse. Right now I'm using Schedules Direct for my listings, but it's not free. It only costs $20 a year, though. There's also a couple of other alternatives like CT TV Listings that does offer a limited free listings plan. Both of these have plugins...
Zap2it used to give free listings but stopped doing so last September because of abuse. Right now I'm using Schedules Direct for...
I looked around and couldn't find anything on this. I was looking at MythTV also and even though it was open source you had to buy...
Replies
Views
Hippi, I am not alone Hi kypor, Hi Arn01805 thank you for your answers. Making the user to a local administrator is not a good idea for security reasons. I use the user account for surfing in the internet and reading emails. Doing this under local admin rights is a risk and is not necessary for my daily work (Except mediaportal...
Hippi, I am not alone Hi kypor, Hi Arn01805 thank you for your answers. Making the user to a local administrator is not a good...
When I try to record a tv movie with a non administrator account in VISTA and i got the message "Can't connect to mpg2 pin". When i...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 new setup question DE
Thanks, I read about the tuner going to sleep on the mythtv forums. First thing will be getting it up and running so the wife and kids can watch freeview TV. Once thats done I can mess around with the PVR stuff. Just worried I've bought the wrong card for the job.
Thanks, I read about the tuner going to sleep on the mythtv forums. First thing will be getting it up and running so the wife and...
Hi, I'm after building myself a pvr. I've tried ubuntu and mythtv with my nova-t 500 but found it too flakey mainly due to lack...
Replies
Views
Strange - never seen that :S Anyway: You can use radiostreams and enter them directly, or use .pls-files (TVE2)
Strange - never seen that :S Anyway: You can use radiostreams and enter them directly, or use .pls-files (TVE2)
hi i have just installed mediaportal i think its great, i was looking through the folders in the team media portal folder.and i...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom