Newcomers Forum (37 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
MP1 MP2 Noob Questions DE
Good to know. Thank you Joost :)
Good to know. Thank you Joost :)
So I just built my first HTPC with XP pro, M.P. and about 1 TB of storage. I read through the MP manual and searched the forums but...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a plugin or setting that will automatically color a recently watched episode. This color would then slowly change over time to another color. So like if I had just watched a show it would show up as orange and then fade over the days to blue. Does anything like this exist? If not, how hard is it to write plugins (I'm a...
I'm looking for a plugin or setting that will automatically color a recently watched episode. This color would then slowly change...
I'm looking for a plugin or setting that will automatically color a recently watched episode. This color would then slowly change...
Replies
Views
Hi, In the Manual / Direct Show filters / MPA Decoder / what is the AC3/AAC/DTS/LPCM Format area used for please? I gather AAC is to do with Apple which does not concern me (as far as I know), but I certainly use AC3 and DTS. I have configured the dedicated AC3 and DTS areas for spdif as that is my...
Hi, In the Manual / Direct Show filters / MPA Decoder / what is the AC3/AAC/DTS/LPCM Format area used for please...
Hi, In the Manual / Direct Show filters / MPA Decoder / what is the AC3/AAC/DTS/LPCM Format area used for please...
Replies
Views
You could give the Logitech Harmony a try ;)
You could give the Logitech Harmony a try ;)
Newbie here. In configuring MP I came across Timeshifting (default 30 minutes). Would you explain what this feature is for please.
Replies
Views
Choice hmmm, Vista mce with its not obvious layout or MP with the likes of TV-series and its normal movie layout. Nope, decided no choice. MCE is dead easy to setup, once you have gone through all the wizards yes, but no competition to Mediaportal if you are prepared to put a bit of effort into it. The only thing i do...
Choice hmmm, Vista mce with its not obvious layout or MP with the likes of TV-series and its normal movie layout. Nope, decided...
Hi. I'm considering switching to Mediaportal from Vista Media Center. With VMC, I'm using My Movies and MyTV plugins. These...
Replies
Views
I am using a fairly new SVN nightly build... last day or so. I am using the built in imdb import for my DVD collection, I ran it resolved conflicts and corrected other mistakes. When I view my movies in a DB driven view the Prefix like The and A is at the beginning based on the imdb title and movies are sorted by these (if sort...
I am using a fairly new SVN nightly build... last day or so. I am using the built in imdb import for my DVD collection, I ran it...
I am using a fairly new SVN nightly build... last day or so. I am using the built in imdb import for my DVD collection, I ran it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Nvidia PureVideo HD DE
No didn't try. Does it have better PQ as Cyberlink PowerDVD? Cyberlink works great for me without any issues and with great PQ, don't want to pay for another codec if it doesn't have benefits.
No didn't try. Does it have better PQ as Cyberlink PowerDVD? Cyberlink works great for me without any issues and with great PQ...
Since I am new to MP and in the proccess to install it for the first time I have a simple question: In the documentation for...
Replies
Views
Newbie here. I have looked in the Glossary for Zoom (and Timeshifting) but they were not there. Would you please explain what Zoom modes are for / how to use.
Newbie here. I have looked in the Glossary for Zoom (and Timeshifting) but they were not there. Would you please explain what...
Newbie here. I have looked in the Glossary for Zoom (and Timeshifting) but they were not there. Would you please explain what...
Replies
Views
Hi Paranoid Delusion, I'm a newbie, anxious to please and do the right thing, but when I click the link to "For full support & logs etc." it doesn't go anywhere useful e.g. there's nothing that I can see about logs. 10/2/08 that link was the same for at least another couple of days but is OK now
Hi Paranoid Delusion, I'm a newbie, anxious to please and do the right thing, but when I click the link to "For full...
Hello everyone Just a quick thank you to everyone whos built MP, i've been looking around for a decent media player for ages and...
Replies
Views
:thx: I just did that and it works like a treat. Thank you very much.
:thx: I just did that and it works like a treat. Thank you very much.
hello, I just downloaded MediaPortal_0.2.3.0_Setup.exe and tried to instal the program. It got installed alright, but when I try...
Replies
Views
Hi Robertino, That sounds interesting - how do you setup MP to work with the dusky usb controller? When I tried (a while ago admittedly) I couldn't find anywhere to setup an external channel changer... Thanks, Joseph (of dusky-control)
Hi Robertino, That sounds interesting - how do you setup MP to work with the dusky usb controller? When I tried (a while ago...
Some background ... My existing machine is quite old but has been running XP MCE for about 3 years so it should be capable of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My name is Ralph, i'm from Luxembourg and i'm fairly new to MediaPortal, but i loved it since the first time i installed it. It's still running on an experimental machine, while i'm reading about hardware components to put into my final HTPC. As TV card i ordered a FloppyDTV S2, and i think i'll get a ATI HD3650 as GPU, i...
Hi all, My name is Ralph, i'm from Luxembourg and i'm fairly new to MediaPortal, but i loved it since the first time i installed...
Hi all, My name is Ralph, i'm from Luxembourg and i'm fairly new to MediaPortal, but i loved it since the first time i installed...
Replies
Views
Can anyone share their experiences of a after marker Media Extender to the MediaPortal client version.....thanks for your help
Can anyone share their experiences of a after marker Media Extender to the MediaPortal client version.....thanks for your help
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info. With all the experimenting with settings, i now do not have any tv image anymore. I was adding a second monitor in monitor settings and played a bit with resolutions, until I had a black tv screen. My first monitor now has only three possible resolutions and the second has 13 possible resolutions (the highest...
Thanks for the info. With all the experimenting with settings, i now do not have any tv image anymore. I was adding a second...
Hello, I am using Mediaportal to view my large collection of nature footage on a 37 lcd. It works fine and gives much more...
Replies
Views
keyboard.xml? Hi Evan, I have the same remote, and am trying to do exactly the same thing (moving to universal remote) could you help me out by sending me (raymond [at] pellikaan [dot] tk) the keyboard.xml file you created for the KeyboardInputPlugin? I can't seem to get it to work properly, Thanks! Ray
keyboard.xml? Hi Evan, I have the same remote, and am trying to do exactly the same thing (moving to universal remote) could...
Hi all. I purchased the following remote: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200196060319 It doesn't seem to...
Replies
Views
Check out this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/monitor_shuts_down_after_10_minutes_inactivity-t13531.html I'm not using the plugin myself anymore, so let me know if it is not working anymore :-)
Check out this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/monitor_shuts_down_after_10_minutes_inactivity-t13531.html I'm not...
This may be more of a Windows question than a MP question, but... Is there a way to prevent Windows from going into standby (or...
Replies
Views
Working on the priciple that you guys know more than I do about this, is the fact that I'm using Media Player 11 and not 10 an issue at all? Also when I have tried using the system with WinTV 6 I can't get VMR9 mode without display corruption and have to resort to overlay mode (sounds impressive but I don't really understand it...) -...
Working on the priciple that you guys know more than I do about this, is the fact that I'm using Media Player 11 and not 10 an...
Hi everyone, I'm trying to learn more about using my PC as a TV and am getting frustrated by my failure to get past the errors...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot guys that really done the trick.. You are champions.. I feel really stupid Now.. Again thank you.
Thanks a lot guys that really done the trick.. You are champions.. I feel really stupid Now.. Again thank you.
HI All I must be missing something or misreading.. I have downloaded a couple of skins IE: Core SpinSafe and FOOFARAW and...
Replies
Views
Pls, any help with this? Thank you so much! fhuerta
Pls, any help with this? Thank you so much! fhuerta
Hi all, I've been going into the forums several times and I haven't got an answer to a problem that apparently occurs many times...
Replies
Views
No-one with any hints / tips that I could follow to either debug this or cure it? Just to repeat, the tuner works with all other software, but MP seems very flaky with it, sometimes working and sometimes not. Any help gratefully received! TIA Matt
No-one with any hints / tips that I could follow to either debug this or cure it? Just to repeat, the tuner works with all other...
Hi I've had a VisionPlus Twinhan 3021 DTT / DVB-T card for a few years now, but its been gathering dust as I didn't have an...
Replies
Views
You can turn off remote start under the system blade of the 360 dashboard if it bothers you.
You can turn off remote start under the system blade of the 360 dashboard if it bothers you.
Hi guys! I’m setting up another computer as a TV Client in the bedroom and will hook it up to an old TV. Hooking the computer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Looking to Switch DE
I know "In General" i have more then enough. I was more woried about specific hardware Idiosyncracies/Incompatibilities being a "home grown" application. I had read somewhere that i would have to completly remove my beyond media to use my firefly remote, glad to hear that is not the case, its highly customized and i dont even remember...
I know "In General" i have more then enough. I was more woried about specific hardware Idiosyncracies/Incompatibilities being a...
Hello, i am currently a Snapstream refugee and i am looking for something else. I have a full HTPC built and have been using thier...
Replies
Views
I did notice the hot keys for a keyboard, but I am using a touch screen monitor and I am trying to avoid using a keyboard or mouse if possible. I'm currently using NordBeat MP3 jukebox software for my music library and there is an option to change the behavior of an selected song. I guess I should have shared that piece of info in...
I did notice the hot keys for a keyboard, but I am using a touch screen monitor and I am trying to avoid using a keyboard or mouse...
Hello, I recently installed MediaPortal and my first tour of duty is configuring MP for Music (MP3) playback. It appears to me...
Replies
Views
Ok got it scanning the db as we scan... fell like an idiot.. never click the update database button... thanks for the reply!
Ok got it scanning the db as we scan... fell like an idiot.. never click the update database button... thanks for the reply!
Hello fellow media portal users, what a great program it is. im having a few problems, well not problems but lack of...
Replies
Views
I certainly will keep that in mind... though just changing my images to folder.jpg isn't a big deal. I have already changed them 4-5 times trying to figure this out. Thanks
I certainly will keep that in mind... though just changing my images to folder.jpg isn't a big deal. I have already changed them...
So I am a long time Meedio user... I have been trying to get a test MP system up and running for a possible change... I am...
Replies
Views
The output is set to "Speakers IDT HiDefinition A"
The output is set to "Speakers IDT HiDefinition A"
I've ripped some DVD's to my HD. Some play back fine and others have no audio. They work fine in Vista's Media Center but not in...
Replies
Views
Thanks man. I actually got the trailers working last night without touching anything so maybe it was a problem with their servers or something. I will have to look at the logs for why the weather won't work. It works fine on another computer I have that was installed a week before this one so who knows.
Thanks man. I actually got the trailers working last night without touching anything so maybe it was a problem with their servers...
I am having trouble getting movie trailers to play. I keep getting an error that says unable to play trailer. I also am unable to...
Replies
Views
Try a search of the forum, I'm pretty sure someone's already made such a program. Failing that you could try IR Server Suite, it has a program called Web Remote in it that serves a simple web page that your pocket pc could navigate to. The web page shows a remote and allows you to simulate button presses through the IR Server Suite...
Try a search of the forum, I'm pretty sure someone's already made such a program. Failing that you could try IR Server Suite, it...
Here the idea: i have 2 pocketpc based devices one windows mobile 5 and a newly bought windows mobile 6 I've found an...
Replies
Views
See there is no standard way of doing things. Install any codecs required, ie powerdvd, nvidia, windvd and my chosen codecs for divx\xvid\mkv\H.264, codecs for video, can be a bit hit and miss, Goose does a good guide (downloadable, search name), i find that the Vista Codec Pack works fine for me, others like the cccp codec pack...
See there is no standard way of doing things. Install any codecs required, ie powerdvd, nvidia, windvd and my chosen codecs for...
Hey People I have search Forums and manual pages here on this site I am looking for a complete installation guide Do i in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I recently got wind of MP and I'm extremely interested in building a new HTPC box. I'm really interested in some DVR fucntionality. Currently, I have Cablevision iO digital cable and trying to decide whether I should go with the firewire capture option or build in a tuner card. I think that my Scientific Atlanta 4250HD...
Hi guys, I recently got wind of MP and I'm extremely interested in building a new HTPC box. I'm really interested in some DVR...
Hi guys, I recently got wind of MP and I'm extremely interested in building a new HTPC box. I'm really interested in some DVR...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom