other features (of release or svn versions) (4 Viewers)

general talk, support and improvement suggestions for other MediaPortal features in here
MP1 MP2 Life After RC3... DE
One more thing, and then i shut my mouth. :-) Those Directshow wrappers. There should be extra careful of using them from managed code as there are tricks that are not always clear. Marshal.releaseComObject does not release all resources in some special cases(resources behind IntPtr). It is very easy to have memory or handle leaks...
One more thing, and then i shut my mouth. :-) Those Directshow wrappers. There should be extra careful of using them from managed...
As mediaportal is reaching RC3 phase, i'd like to point out some thoughts about going to RC4/Release version. I'm very happy...
Replies
Views
I want this too! Posting my support right here right now for this :)
I want this too! Posting my support right here right now for this :)
I think there should be an option to configure some other remote control buttons to trigger the MP Tray to do tasks when MP is not...
Replies
Views
Thanks Holzi, but no translation possible? How is that possible? :p I know, you said it is hardcoded.. But when you can make it for german, I have to can make it for Dutch right? Can you tell me if there is a way I can change the language manually? Thanks.. EDIT: I got it.. Just translate it right in the xml itself.. Thank Holzi...
Thanks Holzi, but no translation possible? How is that possible? :p I know, you said it is hardcoded.. But when you can make it...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 beta MediaPortal Skin: Avalon, ... Windows Version: Windows7 64bit CPU Type: Core™ i3-2100 (2x 3100...
Replies
Views
Older versions of TsReader will not work with MP 1.11 If you attach logs for the 'short stills or pixelation' problem I'll take a look....
Older versions of TsReader will not work with MP 1.11 If you attach logs for the 'short stills or pixelation' problem I'll take a...
Hi, i have problems with the new Mediainfos. After updating to the new version 1.11.0pre, i tested the Mediainfos on Live-TV. It...
Replies
Views
Hi rsbrux, I'm in a similar situation: 2 windows accounts, 1 for MP, 1 for work/maintenance via remote desktop connection from laptop; Hibernation via PowerScheduler/Homescreen. At the moment, to avoid hibernation during work, I manually set MP to a screen other than home. Of course this sucks, so I'm planning to modify...
Hi rsbrux, I'm in a similar situation: 2 windows accounts, 1 for MP, 1 for work/maintenance via remote desktop connection from...
TV-Server Version: n/a (TVE2) MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 stable release MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide Windows Version: XP MCE...
Replies
Views
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 U.S. tv logo icons? DE
check out https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/channel_logos_na_channels-t28969.html?p=187654 and save your time!
check out https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/channel_logos_na_channels-t28969.html?p=187654 and save your time!
Does anyone have these? I have searched and found other countries but not in the states..thx
Replies
Views
Ah! Sounds very interesting :)
Ah! Sounds very interesting :)
I am running MP1 v1.12 currently. I just recently left Windows Media Center behind when I upgraded to Win-10. That is when I...
Replies
Views
Even better. I already use LM Remote Key Map to blast the TV and Amplifier controls. In the LM RKM configuration I was able to link a shutdown function directly to the power button of the remote. So now I do have 'one click' shutdown. VdR
Even better. I already use LM Remote Key Map to blast the TV and Amplifier controls. In the LM RKM configuration I was able to link...
I have been using MP for a long time now, and still think it is great. There one missing feature though that I'm reminded of every...
Replies
Views
That works. I used Meedio for quite a while It was the best at that time. Later moved to MediaCentre XP which was ok. But MediaCentre in Vista really put me off. Can't customise anything, cluttered screen, and to make it worst can't even play my IFO files which was ok in the XP version. Now with MediaPortal, it's like...
That works. I used Meedio for quite a while It was the best at that time. Later moved to MediaCentre XP which was ok. But...
In the online manual, it says: "MediaPortal has eight different sections which can be turned on or off in the configuration...
Replies
Views
AW: Recording with subtitules? Use Mediainfo to check the TS-Files. Subtitles are the UTF-Streams in it.
AW: Recording with subtitules? Use Mediainfo to check the TS-Files. Subtitles are the UTF-Streams in it.
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 MediaPortal Skin: def Windows Version: 7 x64 CPU Type: core i5 2500k TV: IPTV Hi! I am...
Replies
Views
i have not heard of one, try searching. i would of thought that mce Buddy can be setup to run without any user interaction...
i have not heard of one, try searching. i would of thought that mce Buddy can be setup to run without any user...
Hi all, baseline of the request is to enable other members of the family without Mediaportal to watch a tv report or film I...
Replies
Views
Re : KeepAspectRatio In filmstrip Ok. I have post a patch for parameter <keepaspectratio> into Filmstrip. Patch
Re : KeepAspectRatio In filmstrip Ok. I have post a patch for parameter <keepaspectratio> into Filmstrip. Patch
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: Personal Skin Windows Version: XP CPU Type: Core2Duo HDD: 1To Memory: 4Go...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Support for USALS DE
I guess it's a question of opinion... a combination of motor and several LNBs sounds much more complicated than the USALS itself, both in terms of setup and ease of use. Most of the normal DVB programs I know do have good USALS support. DVBViewer, DVBprog, DVBdream... to name a few...
I guess it's a question of opinion... a combination of motor and several LNBs sounds much more complicated than the USALS itself...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 final MediaPortal Skin: Windows Version: CPU Type: Intel core 2 duo 7500 HDD: Western Digital 1.5T...
Replies
Views
Maybe current SVN has changed compared to version 0.2.2.0 stable? This is the one I am using right now. For the record - I am having a lot of fun with it! Trying to set it up so it works as good as possible for me. I just ordered a USB TV tuner from MSI. Hope to see this supported in the future since it is the only one I have found...
Maybe current SVN has changed compared to version 0.2.2.0 stable? This is the one I am using right now. For the record - I am...
I have tried searching the forum, but could not find anything about writing to an XML file instead of writing to registry (could of...
Replies
Views
No I do not. I am using AC3Filter now to set my 5.0 setup correctly before MPAR and then I can even do bass management, so that works perfectly!
No I do not. I am using AC3Filter now to set my 5.0 setup correctly before MPAR and then I can even do bass management, so that...
Hello, I have a request: Is it possible to add an 5.0 speaker setup to the MPAR? I have do not have a subwoofer, because I have...
Replies
Views
AW: Feature request: Recording a channel by start-/end-time when no EPG-data are avai Hi Dj_Moren, if You have found a way to record radio without EPG, please tell me. Best regards Roger
AW: Feature request: Recording a channel by start-/end-time when no EPG-data are avai Hi Dj_Moren, if You have found a way to...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD 16:9 Windows Version: XP (MCE2005) SP3 CPU Type: AMD Phenom II-X3...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your prompt response.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Hi, It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to resume playback at normal speed after Fast-Forwarding or rewinding. :thx:
Replies
Views
I think there are so many possible variations on this, remember most people have a remote with a standby button configured, so this is by far a very used feature. But you do need these plugins enabled to allow for recordings to be done. Ideal world, the detect keyboard\mouse input with Vista, being fixed would resolve this.
I think there are so many possible variations on this, remember most people have a remote with a standby button configured, so this...
TV-Server Version: 0.3 #18560 MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 #18560 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide Windows Version: Win XP SP2 CPU...
Replies
Views
Me too. I might add that we do actually have an "improvements suggestion" forum section (link). If you want to post ideas like this then that is the place for them to go so we will see them.
Me too. I might add that we do actually have an "improvements suggestion" forum section (link). If you want to post ideas like this...
I'm a long time MediaPortal user on my PC, but also an original XBMC user since its roots on modded XBOX's. When I built my HTPC, I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Episodes Management DE
Hi gfiveash, episode management is now working again! See the homepage for more information :) Maschine
Hi gfiveash, episode management is now working again! See the homepage for more information :) Maschine
Does Episodes Management work in TVE3? Since upgrading to TVE3 6 weeks ago I have been unable to get it to work, no matter what...
Replies
Views
cool thanks guys,the european model it is so,living in ireland so a non-european version would be pretty useless.
cool thanks guys,the european model it is so,living in ireland so a non-european version would be pretty useless.
helloe people,first post so not sure where to put this one. ive only just discovered Media Portal after searching the net...
Replies
Views
AW: Feature Request: Radio and Tv at the same time Even better would be to have the picture from one tv station and the sound from another, so it would be possible to look at the hd picture from a foreign country and the moderator from your own.... Just kidding... But i am really excited about that 2 player feature of mp2
AW: Feature Request: Radio and Tv at the same time Even better would be to have the picture from one tv station and the sound from...
Hello Community and TeamMediaPortal, I've got a suggestion. Maybe you can build this into a future version. When i watch the...
Replies
Views
hi, not realy, its just generates a .my file, that can be imported by the myprogramms plugin bundled with MP. Its working fine now, its just the problem that u have to delete the old database für myprogramms. Not worse for me, because i only have on apllication, mykino, worth for people who have setup many more. sloty
hi, not realy, its just generates a .my file, that can be imported by the myprogramms plugin bundled with MP. Its working...
TV-Server Version: 3.0 Build 14788 MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 Build 14788 MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide Windows Version: XP SP2...
Replies
Views
To be honest, I am not using screensaver on HTPC, so not sure how it works.
To be honest, I am not using screensaver on HTPC, so not sure how it works.
I am a windows media center convert, I love just about everything that media portal has to offer. The only thing I miss is the...
Replies
Views
Hi Tourettes, I just upgraded to svn 27454, and now animal planet HD is working .......
Hi Tourettes, I just upgraded to svn 27454, and now animal planet HD is working .......
MediaPortal Version: Latest SVN MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 x64 CPU Type: Intel Atom 330...
Replies
Views
Re : Feature request: Auto Disk cleanup Maintenance or solution Or maybe we need a Scheduled task ? Is there someone that can make a batch file who execute a maintenance job of the Disk cleanup tools included in windows ?
Re : Feature request: Auto Disk cleanup Maintenance or solution Or maybe we need a Scheduled task ? Is there someone that can make...
Htpc and windows usage generate lot of temporary files like logs, dumps and other junk files that make diminish free space and so...
Replies
Views
you need speed fan installed for it to work.
you need speed fan installed for it to work.
Something I miss is I can get info about my harddrives health. That I can read inside MP S.M.A.R.T and even temp S.M.A.R.T. -...
Replies
Views
Just checking :)
Just checking :)
Latest DirectX version is available here...
Replies
Views
Isn't this also possible using winlirc? The wiki states that it is supported for Mediaportal. I've messed around with some random IR remote I found, a simple circuit and winlirc. It worked like a charm. I suppose such a circuit would not be too expensive (mine was made by a friend of mine.) I never tried it with MP, though, it was...
Isn't this also possible using winlirc? The wiki states that it is supported for Mediaportal. I've messed around with some random...
MediaPortal Version: MP 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP Windows Version: Seven 64 CPU Type: Amd Athlon II x2 245 HDD...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom