Soundcards and Soundsystems (2 Viewers)

Discussions about Soundcards and Soundsystems in here
As far as I know, in audio codecs like ffdshow / ac3filter you can select DTS / Dolby / AC3 passthrough, so samplerate and bitrate will be identical as present in the source. There are also settings which makes it possible to always reencode the audio so samplerate and bitrate can be selected, however that would in theory introduce...
As far as I know, in audio codecs like ffdshow / ac3filter you can select DTS / Dolby / AC3 passthrough, so samplerate and bitrate...
Hi All, hoping someone can help me out here, I want to run digital output from my PC to my amp (amp will Dolby/DTS processing). the...
Replies
Views
Solved
Solved
Hi everybody, As Logitech is releasing a new 5.1, I decided to buy the "old" but so good Z-5500 for my HTPC. I was previously...
Replies
Views
I don't use it due to the sound from my LCD being pretty terrible, but I have tried passthrough (using my Yamaha RX-V1065) before. Basically, from memory, the problem is that your TV can't decode it. Unfortunately if you want to get the sound working in passthrough mode, you'll need to set ffdshow to transcode AC3 to something else.
I don't use it due to the sound from my LCD being pretty terrible, but I have tried passthrough (using my Yamaha RX-V1065) before...
Hi, is there someone who uses a Yamaha Av-Receiver in Standby passthrough mode? I'm trying to get it work but I don't get a sound...
Replies
Views
got it thanks. Installed the shark007 codec pack and set ffdshow to your settings. The passthrough option on the realtek killed the sound though. I changed output under mixer to "same as input"- and left the realtek setting to output digital audio source. 5.1 on DVD's - yay!!!
got it thanks. Installed the shark007 codec pack and set ffdshow to your settings. The passthrough option on the realtek killed the...
Just finished rebuilding a HTPC (Mediaportal)- on XP sp3). However I think I may be misunderstanding 5.1 Dolby. SPDIF(Toslink) and...
Replies
Views
AW: no MP3 playback possible after installing a new soundcard Hi, i had the same problem and it could be solved if you switch your sounddevices in mepo from directsound to (in my case!) speakers (asus xonar d1) audio device and also disable asus gx in the config panel of your soundcard. This helped for me, sound plays absolutely fine...
AW: no MP3 playback possible after installing a new soundcard Hi, i had the same problem and it could be solved if you switch your...
Hi all, because I had an error on my onbourd soundcard and this one didn´t have an optical out I changed last week to an Asus...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've conected my amplifier via coaxial to TV SPDIF out and the TV via hdmi (of ATI graphics) to the PC. I use ffdshow with passthrough options. It works if I use the SPDIF out of the PC to amplifier, but with TV I have the feeling there is some delay, so I would prefer to use hdmi. Actualy I'm not able to get...
Hello, I've conected my amplifier via coaxial to TV SPDIF out and the TV via hdmi (of ATI graphics) to the PC. I use ffdshow...
Hello, I've conected my amplifier via coaxial to TV SPDIF out and the TV via hdmi (of ATI graphics) to the PC. I use ffdshow...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm using a set of USB/Bluetooth headphones which don't work with MediaPortal. They work fine when using other media software such as VLC or Windows Media Player. The PC speakers work fine with all software. I have downloaded ASIO and in there it shows the headphones status as Idle yet I can't select them for the...
Hi all, I'm using a set of USB/Bluetooth headphones which don't work with MediaPortal. They work fine when using other media...
Hi all, I'm using a set of USB/Bluetooth headphones which don't work with MediaPortal. They work fine when using other media...
Replies
Views
Re: No HD bitstreaming with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out (non HD works) OK i also went the easy way and installed SAF 5, which automatically set up itself perfectly, i just had to tick the pass through boxes and everything worked fine :)
Re: No HD bitstreaming with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out (non HD works) OK i also went the easy way and installed SAF 5, which...
Hello everyone, Im using the above mentioned Graphics card HDMI out to my AV Receiver but i cant get DTS and other Surround...
Replies
Views
hmm..neat little machine there its pretty much banking on you outputting your audio via HDMI..otherwise stereo speakers u can buy an external USB sound card with optical out (SP/DIF) ...its prolly the only way ur gunna get anything above 2.0 considering u amp doesnt have HDMI output something like the Soundblaster X-FI Surround...
hmm..neat little machine there its pretty much banking on you outputting your audio via HDMI..otherwise stereo speakers u can...
Hello to everyone. I have this problem to solve. I have a Dell Zino HD (Inspiron 400). I'm trying to find a solution for...
Replies
Views
I have been using my Soundblaster Live! 24 Bit external for years with MediaPortal as I have a low profile computer and the onboard sound card doesn't have a digital output. My windows installation has been faithful with no issues, but now it's starting to slow everything down so a re-install had to be done. Now to the issue at hand...
I have been using my Soundblaster Live! 24 Bit external for years with MediaPortal as I have a low profile computer and the onboard...
I have been using my Soundblaster Live! 24 Bit external for years with MediaPortal as I have a low profile computer and the onboard...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, thanks for you answers - I have fixed it now - I was being rather dumb.:oops: Having HDMI audio enabled via the NVIDIA driver DOES prevent PC volume control - but the NVIDIA driver DOES allow you to disable audio - thus re-enabling the analogue sound device and enabling volume control. But I had tried disabling the...
Hi guys, thanks for you answers - I have fixed it now - I was being rather dumb.:oops: Having HDMI audio enabled via the...
Hi, Have spent a few days reading up on this. I have a Nvidia GT210 card with dvi and HDMI outputs. My Sony Bravia TV has VGA +...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asus Xonar 1.3HDAV DE
Hi all I currently have a hptc setup nice and well running DTS passthru to an amp(via spdif) and a 42" 1080i plasma(via dvi-hdmi). Im interested in buying a new dts-hd ma / truehd amp and 1080p tv. For now im asking about sound cards....my htpc has only spare pci slots not pci-e slots so the choice seems pretty simple...the...
Hi all I currently have a hptc setup nice and well running DTS passthru to an amp(via spdif) and a 42" 1080i plasma(via...
Hi all I currently have a hptc setup nice and well running DTS passthru to an amp(via spdif) and a 42" 1080i plasma(via...
Replies
Views
Yes ati driver is used, didn't change anything at all:)
Yes ati driver is used, didn't change anything at all:)
Hi there I am _so_ close at having a flawless htpc, except for one annoying thing: After every sound played theres a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply and the insight! Since I don't have any speakers connected in my 'equipment' room I've never been bothered by viewing a video w/o sound. It's a convenient means to test tuners, modify a TV schedule, or see if something recorded. I was more concerned that MP would stop responding in this case because I don't...
Thanks for the reply and the insight! Since I don't have any speakers connected in my 'equipment' room I've never been bothered by...
Thought I'd share an experience - I was installing a new AVerMedia 188C card this morning and all went well. I was able to tune...
Replies
Views
AUZEN X-Fi FORTE 7.1 All accessories for SPDIF out comes with it. If it has not to be a low-profile card, go for the AUZEN X-Fi HOMETHEATER HD, the most advanced sound card for now.
AUZEN X-Fi FORTE 7.1 All accessories for SPDIF out comes with it. If it has not to be a low-profile card, go for the AUZEN...
Hi Guys. I am from the UK. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good sound card. I am looking for a half height \ low...
Replies
Views
I think you can't do anything about it, except re-encode all your 44,1khz material to 48khz or the other way around through software. Many people do this, because software makes a better job in resampling. Well, your soundcard does it on the fly, so what do you expect..... For players like MPC to be able to switch the output-rate...
I think you can't do anything about it, except re-encode all your 44,1khz material to 48khz or the other way around through...
Hi there, After a friend of mine commented how her new soundcard has made a huge difference to the audio quality she hears, I've...
Replies
Views
The problem is that S/PDIF only has enough bandwidth to carryeither stereo decoded audio or a DD/DTS bitstream. If you want to have multi-channel decoded audio or the HD formats (TrueHD/DTS-HD MA) then you need a HDMI connection and a setup that will allow you to send LPCM over HDMI. (some HDMI connections only add an S/PDIF...
The problem is that S/PDIF only has enough bandwidth to carryeither stereo decoded audio or a DD/DTS bitstream. If you want to...
Hello First i want to excuse me for my bad english - hope you will be abe to understand me I have setted up a HTPC Corei3...
Replies
Views
Hi, wouldn't use a car amp. The power supply u would need would be expensive and big (230V DC->12V AC, >15A). Unfortunately I don't have concrete ideas. Maybe you can check out some mini AV systems and use the amp of this system? Cheers henning
Hi, wouldn't use a car amp. The power supply u would need would be expensive and big (230V DC->12V AC, >15A). Unfortunately I...
Hi! This is my problem. My receiver (Denon AVR-2308) is too big! I have no where to put it and it has to go. The speakers have...
Replies
Views
a simpel 5.1 sound card pci would do the trick.just make sure it has a optical out ore spdif out greets cooler
a simpel 5.1 sound card pci would do the trick.just make sure it has a optical out ore spdif out greets cooler
Hello, Which sound card do I have to have to connect an Dolby Digital Receiver to my pc? I want to forward the AC3 over the...
Replies
Views
x2. What kiwi said! If you want HD audio, and a more-than adequate GFX card, definitely go with the new ATI 5670 (i'm their new poster boy) and guess what? It's less than $100 for each manufacturer on newegg! Seriously, you can't go wrong with that deal...
x2. What kiwi said! If you want HD audio, and a more-than adequate GFX card, definitely go with the new ATI 5670 (i'm their...
I'm about to upgrade just about every component to my HTPC. Mainboard, cpu, ram,video etc. The one area I'm still not sure on is...
Replies
Views
Anyone else have a recommendation for good wireless headset? I have recently installed wireless headphones, Insignia brand from Best Buy. I had to purchase a rocketfish blue tooth usb wand separately. They work fine. However... Installation is a bit clunky. Often have to enable the blue tooth connection. Audio lag is...
Anyone else have a recommendation for good wireless headset? I have recently installed wireless headphones, Insignia brand from...
Anyone else have a recommendation for good wireless headset? I have recently installed wireless headphones, Insignia brand from...
Replies
Views
S/PDIF will pass Dolby Digital and DTS, but none of the high-resolution audio formats on Blu-Ray (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio). But, without a high-end receiver or amp and solid speaker setup, you won't hear much of a difference between them.
S/PDIF will pass Dolby Digital and DTS, but none of the high-resolution audio formats on Blu-Ray (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High...
Howdy, I've never given a lot of attention to the audio component of my HTPC. I've just been too transient to invest the time...
Replies
Views
Hello, I Have a problem with my audio I have the followin setup HTPC with HDMI out Roland receiver with HDMI in Digital sound is working fine. However TV series are running Stereo. How can I can change it to Dolby PL II while playing music is still Stereo? Thanks a lot!
Hello, I Have a problem with my audio I have the followin setup HTPC with HDMI out Roland receiver with HDMI in Digital...
Hello, I Have a problem with my audio I have the followin setup HTPC with HDMI out Roland receiver with HDMI in Digital...
Replies
Views
Hi, have a well functioning HTPC execpt this one problem that frequently reappears. I dont know if it is MediaPortal or Asus Xonar that is the culprit, so if anyone have experienced the same issues please help. All drivers etc are up to date. The HDMI-connection is MoBo-->Asus Xonar-->TV My symptoms are 1. The image...
Hi, have a well functioning HTPC execpt this one problem that frequently reappears. I dont know if it is MediaPortal or Asus...
Hi, have a well functioning HTPC execpt this one problem that frequently reappears. I dont know if it is MediaPortal or Asus...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HDMI and Analog DE
Hi, I have any problems with this, I have conected my HTPC in two rooms, In the living room I use analog with a 5.1 of creative, and in the other room HDMI audio, so.... When I used only the analog audio I hadn't problems, but now with HDMI the sound through analog audio is very bad, and more powerfull than before, if I put the...
Hi, I have any problems with this, I have conected my HTPC in two rooms, In the living room I use analog with a 5.1 of...
Hi, I have any problems with this, I have conected my HTPC in two rooms, In the living room I use analog with a 5.1 of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Xonar HDAV 1.3 DE
I bought one of these cards in July this year and although it should have been an 09 (thats the start of the serial number) card it was an 08 card. Once I installed the drivers (including the splendid driver if you are on analogue). You can go into the information to see the firmware. Mine is at 1.39 so it has already been updated by...
I bought one of these cards in July this year and although it should have been an 09 (thats the start of the serial number) card it...
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Hi all, I just ordered this card, as it has all the audio functionality that i need for my home...
Replies
Views
I have a "digital out" options in sound applet for my speakers - that way it always send out the sound via digital... Double check if you don't have it on your setup as well... good luck
I have a "digital out" options in sound applet for my speakers - that way it always send out the sound via digital... Double...
I'm using MediaPortal on a Windows 2008 R2 system, which has among others a SoundBlaster Audigy soundcard. I configured itto to...
Replies
Views
Hi there This part of the forum in English please :)
Hi there This part of the forum in English please :)
Ich möchte den HTPC über HDMI an den TV anschliessen. Der Ton kommt vom HD-Audiocontroller der ATI/AMD 4550-GraKa direkt an den...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Audio confusion DE
OK. I have all the components in place to have surround from my HTPC. I recently acquired the following items: 40" LCD TV (not using the audio, though it is connected via HDMI) Onkyo TX-SR507 5.1/7.1 receiver gaggle of HDMI 1.3a cables ASUS M3N78 mainboard (nVidia 8300 with HDMI output) Windows Vista Home Basic I'm...
OK. I have all the components in place to have surround from my HTPC. I recently acquired the following items: 40" LCD TV...
OK. I have all the components in place to have surround from my HTPC. I recently acquired the following items: 40" LCD TV...
Replies
Views
Hi my htpc works great but, I have some strange audio problem. I get good 5.1 sound whet it's connecit with a analog 3 jack audio cable. But when i use SPDIF Coax of Optical. Then the sound stops after some time when playing a movie for about 1 sec. Then after 5~15 min again. I have it with movies,dvd,mp3 but when i'm playing...
Hi my htpc works great but, I have some strange audio problem. I get good 5.1 sound whet it's connecit with a analog 3 jack...
Hi my htpc works great but, I have some strange audio problem. I get good 5.1 sound whet it's connecit with a analog 3 jack...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom