Soundcards and Soundsystems (6 Viewers)

Discussions about Soundcards and Soundsystems in here
MP1 MP2 Dreambox functions DE
Hi, first of all, i'm new here and i hope this is the right forum for this question. I am planning the build of a Media center computer, and i've got a few questions before i start. obviously i want to use media portal sofware. But i want to use a dream box. But as far as i know from past experience with satelite tv boxes. You have to...
Hi, first of all, i'm new here and i hope this is the right forum for this question. I am planning the build of a Media center...
Hi, first of all, i'm new here and i hope this is the right forum for this question. I am planning the build of a Media center...
Replies
Views
Jeditrav yes you have right it have also these three 3.5mm audio jacks i have try with them but when i am trying to setup from the realtek control panel i choose 5.1 setup and testing them but they dont play all the speakers,if i choose 7.1 i can hear sound on the test from all the speakers. if i use the usb i can setup them inside...
Jeditrav yes you have right it have also these three 3.5mm audio jacks i have try with them but when i am trying to setup from the...
Hi, I have this mobo GA-MA78GM-S2H and also my girl buy me for present this 5.1 pc speakers Altec Lansing FX5051 5.1 that support...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Relevant Sound Output (1 Viewer) DE
Nice one, that did the trick - thanks!
Nice one, that did the trick - thanks!
Hi. Sorry for the vague title. I just have a little question regarding the format of the sound outputted over HDMI from my PC, and...
Replies
Views
Excellent thanks for the input guys. I think I really do just need to go to a nice audio/video shop and listen for myself, as I'm guessing I am looking way too high end for myself right now. I live in a small town so I will have to travel a few hours to find a shop, but if I am going to drop that kind of coin I guess it will be...
Excellent thanks for the input guys. I think I really do just need to go to a nice audio/video shop and listen for myself, as I'm...
Hello! I am currently rocking the Logitech z5500s and I like them quite a bit but I am wanting to eventually upgrade to a more...
Replies
Views
Awesome, the 9.3 drivers work! I now have audio and the videos I have tested play just fine. Many thanks. By the way, my card has a native hdmi port, no adapter needed. Just thought I'd point that out to anyone stumbling across this thread.
Awesome, the 9.3 drivers work! I now have audio and the videos I have tested play just fine. Many thanks. By the way, my card has...
I have the Radeon hd 4550 and I am trying to connect it to my receiver though hdmi and can't get any audio... I have searched...
Replies
Views
Post Removed.
Post Removed.
Post Removed.
Replies
Views
Had a quick look for info. on that driver and couldn't find any. Who supplies the driver? Is it AMD/ATI or Realtek? EDIT - OK, found it. It's Realtek. Will give it a go! EDIT 2 - Tried it, still the same. Boot server, sound is fine, leave video playing, change channels on the TV, change back to PC, no sound. EDIT 3 -...
Had a quick look for info. on that driver and couldn't find any. Who supplies the driver? Is it AMD/ATI or Realtek? EDIT -...
How do I enable sound over the HDMI from the Gigabyte MA78G-DS3H motherboard?
Replies
Views
Is possible to use digital coax or optical in/out on your ampf. and sound board? If so its the best and easiest way. If not just check the audio decoder to decode 5.1 channel mix.
Is possible to use digital coax or optical in/out on your ampf. and sound board? If so its the best and easiest way. If not just...
i tried setting up 5.1 surround in my living room yesterday after finally getting round to fixing one of my broken speakers, but im...
Replies
Views
The solution to my problem was to use AC3 Filter, found here: AC3Filter And some settings here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/software-codecs-mediaportal-175/ac3-ueber-spdif-laeuft-aber-kein-dts-43472/ No I don't speak German, but I can understand the screens and so can you ;)
The solution to my problem was to use AC3 Filter, found here: AC3Filter And some settings here...
This problem isn’t isolated to MediaPortal, so as a moderator if you delete this thread I understand. But where better to ask than...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 hdmi no audio DE
the manual does not say much about the spidf connection on the hdmi card you have 2 pins for the card to attatch to it, but when i connect up a audio led no out put, tried the onboard spidf as the setup as 7.1 out put and spidf as well the set up is my own build it was based on a scaleo e fujitsu, the build has 3.06 d processor 1 gb...
the manual does not say much about the spidf connection on the hdmi card you have 2 pins for the card to attatch to it, but when i...
i have recently finished my htpc and installed a graphics card nvidia 8600, it has a hdmi socket on it, when i connect this to my...
Replies
Views
Thanks again. I knew it was simple, but now I know what I'm doing!
Thanks again. I knew it was simple, but now I know what I'm doing!
This may be a stupid question, but please forgive my ignorance. I'm about to take the plunge and build my first HTPC. I want...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 5.1 Surround setup DE
thanks for the replies guys. only problem with my current sound setup is that the amp im using was part of my old dvd player setup, so the cable running from the sound card to the amp/sub is a custom made (as the dvd player audio out socket was a weird shape) so wont fit any of the sound card outputs. im currently using the...
thanks for the replies guys. only problem with my current sound setup is that the amp im using was part of my old dvd player...
what do people have as their surround sound setup? i have a 7.1 sound card installed in my media centre but havent made the most of...
Replies
Views
Just found out that there is a Diamond card that might work perfect. It uses a cmedia chip, and there are some open source drivers that are suppose to make it work really good. Plus its only $30 here is a description of the open source drivers: This project aims at developing drivers for C-Media 8738 / 8768 based soundcards...
Just found out that there is a Diamond card that might work perfect. It uses a cmedia chip, and there are some open source drivers...
The motherboard that I'm using is a DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI. It has a Realtek based onboard audio. I'll be using the digital coaxial...
Replies
Views
Depends a bit on your soundcard. If you have a soundblaster card - Audigy or so, kx driver allows you to assign various device codes to the output sockets of the card. Using these drivers I have normal PC sound going to the PC speakers, and MediaPortal sound going to the Home Theater rig. Similarly, because I occasionally use iTunes...
Depends a bit on your soundcard. If you have a soundblaster card - Audigy or so, kx driver allows you to assign various device...
Hi, I'm building a new PC soon, however I want to be able to use it both for traditional PC functions and HTPC functions. What...
Replies
Views
SPDIF Passthru ?.... How old is your motherboard ?.. I have (atm) a "fairly" old Gigabyte - The optical out lets me stream anything directly through (DD5.1, DTS etc.) - I'm assuming that is what you're after.. Cheers, /Steff
SPDIF Passthru ?.... How old is your motherboard ?.. I have (atm) a "fairly" old Gigabyte - The optical out lets me stream...
Doesn't seem to be much discussion on it here, but what PCI sound card would be best to pass sound out of an SPDIF connection (Coax...
Replies
Views
UP same question for me ...
UP same question for me ...
Is it possible or does one exist to produce and analog (front, center, rear) and digital (spdif) outputs at the same time? I have...
Replies
Views
Ok sorted it with a bit of research...not many sound card manufacturers give their line out voltages but I got an m-audio revolution 5.1 which had got all the bells and whistles I need with a 1v line out sounds heaps better than my on-board ac97 chip even without the amp etc.
Ok sorted it with a bit of research...not many sound card manufacturers give their line out voltages but I got an m-audio...
Hi guys this is kind of a repeat post from the music forum but Im not getting any replies there so apologies in advance... I...
Replies
Views
I've had Creative since my first sb16, then sb32awe, sblive, audigy 1 & 2, everyone has worked flawless for me, with the exeption of 1 burned audigy 1 card(unofficial BIG problem with that card and Via chipsets and sensitive for electrical spikes on the pci bus -> firmware erase ;)) But rma fiixed that. I would not be scared to buy...
I've had Creative since my first sb16, then sb32awe, sblive, audigy 1 & 2, everyone has worked flawless for me, with the exeption...
Alright guys, I finally connected my HTPC to a 5.1 DD/DTS Pioneer receiver, and noticed some crackling and average sound quality...
Replies
Views
If you have a good amplifier, that does good channel-upmixing, DTS and DD you should consider a digital connection (let all the hardwork be done by the amplifier. That way you have the same good quality with a crappy soundcard as with an expensive one. If you have a good one you should consider to connect it analog, but then you...
If you have a good amplifier, that does good channel-upmixing, DTS and DD you should consider a digital connection (let all the...
Looking for some recommendation for a soundcard that comes with lots of features like hearing position, equalizer that can be...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned those high end cards are out of my price range right now. Right now I'm looking now at getting the Chaintek AV-710 http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16829120103 Or I could spend another $20 to get the Creative Optical I/O module thingy and use that with the Audigy. Only...
Thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned those high end cards are out of my price range right now. Right now I'm looking now at...
Hey there guys! I'm in the process of putting together a HTPC, but am having issues with what sound card to use. What I need...
Replies
Views
That wont do what I need. I need to have something that will create an AVI file of the equivilent of a scope trace of the WAV file audio. Imagine looking at a scope seeing a heart beat scrolling across it....this is what I need an AVI of. Egon
That wont do what I need. I need to have something that will create an AVI file of the equivilent of a scope trace of the WAV file...
Hi folks, Wondering if you could help me out with a work problem.... I need to display a WAV file as a AVI! Will now explain :)...
Replies
Views
Thanx dude.... :-)
Thanx dude.... :-)
Anyone have testfiles to test 5.1 system????
Replies
Views
A
ABout time, but there is a Emerad beta flyinbg around and it resolves AC3 offically, no conjecture audio. I am waiting for full release though as I finally have MCE 2005 working good. Ill be back though MEdiaportal
ABout time, but there is a Emerad beta flyinbg around and it resolves AC3 offically, no conjecture audio. I am waiting for full...
ABout time, but there is a Emerad beta flyinbg around and it resolves AC3 offically, no conjecture audio. I am waiting for full...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hmmm.. Do you mean hving rca (round single plugs one channel each) on a new soundcard cabled to your tv? If so an excellent soundcard is the Audiphile cards. But, however it's not needed. You can purchase a RCA->3.5mm cable to connect your existing soundcard to your tv-set. Did I answer your question correctly?` Excuse...
Hmmm.. Do you mean hving rca (round single plugs one channel each) on a new soundcard cabled to your tv? If so an excellent...
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Top Bottom