Video-Cards (11 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 Which Videocard DE
well considering i am currently running it off of a tnt2 m64 and the only thing it slows at is the interface i think i can get by with something cheaper than a matrox card (they are around 200 bucks for me :( )
well considering i am currently running it off of a tnt2 m64 and the only thing it slows at is the interface i think i can get by...
I was wondering which videocard would be a good one, as i am sick and tired of dealing with this MSI bullsh!t. So please don't...
Replies
Views
11.11 looks good to me too.
11.11 looks good to me too.
Hi! Since ATI 11.5 drivers, my receiver (connected via HDMI) is not detected as connected anymore, when I do the following...
Replies
Views
Does anybody know a fast low profile AGP - graphic card? I know the ATI Radeon 9600SE is this the fastest card you can get in...
Replies
Views
I would not have a clue regarding this, might be a bit overkill for what we need as main comments from Dev tourettes are all DX9EX related, maybe he will comment more!!
I would not have a clue regarding this, might be a bit overkill for what we need as main comments from Dev tourettes are all DX9EX...
Hi I think my GF8600 GT is dying on me... Sometimes i get horrible pixelation and tearing on eveything (even basic win7 with no...
Replies
Views
To me it looks like some manufacturers are tweaking drivers specifically for ther own cards, if I do a search on the nvidia website for my gt220, and search for previous drivers 190.45 does not show up, it is just bypassed, there are driver versions either side, but not that particular one. Also if you read the Nvidia website driver...
To me it looks like some manufacturers are tweaking drivers specifically for ther own cards, if I do a search on the nvidia website...
I have run into a weird problem. I am running V1.02 client only on a PC running win 7 64 bit. The video card is a Gigabyte 9500 GT...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best graphics card? DE
Nvidia 6600GT, component out and passively cooled. I have a Legend one with a fan - NOT a good idea (too loud)! And no room for a replacement cooler in my Shuttle box... I console myself with the fact that I couldn't find a passively cooled card, let alone one with that and component out. 6600GT or a 6600LE, your choice. I like...
Nvidia 6600GT, component out and passively cooled. I have a Legend one with a fan - NOT a good idea (too loud)! And no room for a...
Hi, I try to find the best graphics card to use with MP (not for gaming). What I'm looking for is a fanless card where analog...
Replies
Views
My ATI recommendation is ATI HD6450 / ATI HD6570 / ATI HD7750 Cheap / Middle Road / Excellent All should be sufficently good for 98% of users, but if your not going for lowest cost possible go for the 6570/7750.
My ATI recommendation is ATI HD6450 / ATI HD6570 / ATI HD7750 Cheap / Middle Road / Excellent All should be sufficently good...
Bored of faffing with my onboard ATI HD3200 now (can't get TV working well at all and latest drivers don't even see the card and...
Replies
Views
Ok, I got the Asus AH-3450 installed. Works fine. Windows wouldn't load a bundled driver for it. Instead of loading the old Catalyst drivers on the CD, I went to the Asus website and downloaded the v8.62 driver pack. However, I can't figure out why Encrypted DVDs still play in MP. They play in Windows Media Player also (this is...
Ok, I got the Asus AH-3450 installed. Works fine. Windows wouldn't load a bundled driver for it. Instead of loading the old...
Looks like the ATI x800xl in my brother's MediaPortal box died. I get no video at all (at BIOS boot or otherwise), but other than...
Replies
Views
Hi, The nVidia GT210 is a little underpowered. I replaced mine with a GT430 and see a massive difference. For what it's worth, I see many people on the forums complaining about the AMD drivers. It seems that every time the drivers are updated, something goes wrong. This is why I tend to avoid AMD cards. My experience with nVidia...
Hi, The nVidia GT210 is a little underpowered. I replaced mine with a GT430 and see a massive difference. For what it's...
Hi, i searching new mediacenter. actually i use amd fusion e350 with nvidia gt210 gpu. (onboard amd gpu i have trouble with video...
Replies
Views
Well the GT520 seems to be coping well with 1080i here no probs. Using DXVA on Windows 7 with latest drivers and Microsoft DTV DXVA decoder. Had to go with the passive Gainward version too as the Asus was unavailable, which may have been a blessing in disguise!
Well the GT520 seems to be coping well with 1080i here no probs. Using DXVA on Windows 7 with latest drivers and Microsoft DTV DXVA...
Whoo! Nvidia have announced the Nvidia 520 series graphics card..aimed directly at the HTPC market! The only fanless card ive...
Replies
Views
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR does have audio sync problems. I used SAF and now coreavc.
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR...
i am going to upgrade my system with a standalone videocard for 1080p@24hz no i read a lot of problems regarding audio sync issues...
Replies
Views
I run nVidia driver version 181.22 (on Vista32). Tony
I run nVidia driver version 181.22 (on Vista32). Tony
Been asked alot I know, sorry. I currently have an ATI 3450 and want to know if I would gain anything by going with a 4850 with...
Replies
Views
My PC in study room connects to AVR in living room via a 20m HDMI cable and then another 10M HDMI cable from AVR to projector. I made a shortcut to switch between the two display, and use my ios device to control the HTPC (which is even better than IR I think)
My PC in study room connects to AVR in living room via a 20m HDMI cable and then another 10M HDMI cable from AVR to projector. I...
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is doing this. I'm thinking of rigging mp up to a second tv in the bedroom but I'm worried about...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did mean 80 series drivers. The video-out is 'damaged'.
Yes, I did mean 80 series drivers. The video-out is 'damaged'.
Hi, I need a decent but not to expensive video card. For the moment I'm using a TNT2 64, but the TV output is very bad, and it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video card blues... DE
****UPDATE**** Just installed Catalyst 8.5 and the image quality has improved a lot. I think Ati are finally listening to people...
****UPDATE**** Just installed Catalyst 8.5 and the image quality has improved a lot. I think Ati are finally listening to people...
Hi all. I am plagued with issues concerning my video card. I have the choice to use either a ATI or nVidia based video card but...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately, it's not possible yet since we need a new video renderer that can handle the 3D Blu-ray's Frame Packing. In the mean time you can launch an external video player from MediaPortal.
Unfortunately, it's not possible yet since we need a new video renderer that can handle the 3D Blu-ray's Frame Packing. In the mean...
Hello everyone, Lucky me I got a Philips 42PFL7656K 3D TV for christmas :) Then I bought a sony bluray drive and a new ATI...
Replies
Views
That would probably fix it for me too then. But I did not have a single problem with the GT220, so I just leave it where it is. The AMD card just went into my sons first computer, no refresh rate changes needed, so no problem. VdR
That would probably fix it for me too then. But I did not have a single problem with the GT220, so I just leave it where it is. The...
I have had an AMD HD4350 in my living room client with success for a while. However I just threw it out, here is why. I upgraded...
Replies
Views
sure - .bat files weren't attachable, so i just pasted the contents here instead. Change the width, height, color depth and refresh rate as below. Note that I change the display twice to 'force' the resolution to be updated. @echo off rem http://www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm rem sets the display to the correct...
sure - .bat files weren't attachable, so i just pasted the contents here instead. Change the width, height, color depth and...
Sometimes when my PC comes out of standby and the (HDMI) TV is off, when i switch the TV on i find that the resolution has been...
Replies
Views
I tried putting back NVidia drivers same crash as before. I went through a fresh Windows 10 install and the problem is gone it seems. Looks like my Windows was crapping up really. Admittedly I changed motherboard, CPU and RAM in January and was surprised Windows 10 survived that in the first place. At least it kept me going for 5 months.
I tried putting back NVidia drivers same crash as before. I went through a fresh Windows 10 install and the problem is gone it...
I'm currently using this graphics card: Asus STRIX-GTX750TI-DC2OC-4GD5. NVidia drivers kept crashing just after boot and automatic...
Replies
Views
You cannot beat this community! So helpful. Many many thanks. Now, how about this one? Product #N82E16814130531. Is it smarter to let them over clock it? My mother board seems pretty flexible with that stuff, but I've never done it. I think you guys have sold me on a 240 GT! I would like speed preferably. Anything that will make...
You cannot beat this community! So helpful. Many many thanks. Now, how about this one? Product #N82E16814130531. Is it smarter...
I started building and HTPC about 4 months ago now out of a relic desktop I had laying around (this is my first PC build). It...
Replies
Views
S
Nope. That one has component out, and DVI out, but not HDMI. from that page: I/O Interface * RX600 Pro-HDTV Graphic Card o DVI Connector o VGA Connector o Video In/Out Connector (S-Video / Composite) * HDTV Daughter Card o Component Output Connectors (YPbPr) o D...
Nope. That one has component out, and DVI out, but not HDMI. from that page: I/O Interface * RX600 Pro-HDTV Graphic...
Does anyone know of a graphics card that has a hdmi output? best regards
Replies
Views
Thanks again for the help on this. I got the model you recommended and it's working great. I think the driver disc that came with the unit was faulty, but I was able to download drivers, and now all the 720p videos are playing smooth as silk, without any fan noise from the HTPC.
Thanks again for the help on this. I got the model you recommended and it's working great. I think the driver disc that came with...
I really feel that this has GOT to be covered somewhere, but I can't find it. I've got an "OK" system that I'm using as a HTPC...
Replies
Views
Woohoo. Might have made progress. I initially brought the TV as a Ex Demo. Turned out it was still in Store Mode (Resets all settings every 30 seconds) Combination of vol button and Menu for 10 seconds reset it to std mode. Now I should be able to run 1080p mode without reducing the resolution.
Woohoo. Might have made progress. I initially brought the TV as a Ex Demo. Turned out it was still in Store Mode (Resets all...
HI all! I have a Samsung 40" plasma TV which accepts HDMI at 720p and 1080i. I have Win 7, an nVidia 8600GT with latest driver...
Replies
Views
I have some videos that I play via mp loaded into moving pictures. Had another go at this last week but couldn't get the result I was looking for. Ended up getting quite frustrated to be honest so gave up. Maybe I'll return to it later. Set it up as best I can by eye for now. For now I guess I should just be happy the new graphics...
I have some videos that I play via mp loaded into moving pictures. Had another go at this last week but couldn't get the result I...
Hi, I'm having an absolute nightmare. I am trying to setup my tv (Samsung LE37B651) and my PC to play together and display the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Graphics Card DE
I have a 6200 card w/ a 4x motherboard (Athalon 2200+) and MP works great - tv record/timeshift (PVR 150), movie/video playback, etc.
I have a 6200 card w/ a 4x motherboard (Athalon 2200+) and MP works great - tv record/timeshift (PVR 150), movie/video playback, etc.
I have a nVidia geforce4 420 64mb card which even though it is not up to the specs it still works MP fine. I am looking to...
Replies
Views
:) cool! Enjoy! Sure that card will be enough to have a nice gameplay! :) My new WD sataII 160GB just arrive yesterday whit a new LG DVD Burner (My Old Pionner is Dying), If my Pionner wasn't dying, i could get a 320GB, but the 160GB its ok for now. Thats sound like a truelly HTPC (500GB), i feel kind of low in space (240GB Total)...
:) cool! Enjoy! Sure that card will be enough to have a nice gameplay! :) My new WD sataII 160GB just arrive yesterday whit a new...
I'm leapfrogging my computers, my gaming pc currently has a 7600GS[Silent Edition] and my Media Centre has a 6600GTOC. I wanna buy...
Replies
Views
just applied this to my system and will test as ive had issues for a while, and i did find another solution but it a bit more painstaking and unreliable. ty. :)
just applied this to my system and will test as ive had issues for a while, and i did find another solution but it a bit more...
Hi! I just setup a looping test, that wakes up my computer, starts TV for some seconds and then hibernates the system. I did...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ATI Catalyst 8.11 is out (1 Viewer) DE
no dxva problem for me so far with 8.11 But GUI flickering issue is still there... (this means DXVA is not broken :-))
no dxva problem for me so far with 8.11 But GUI flickering issue is still there... (this means DXVA is not broken :-))
For Vistadrivers, click here I think I wait another month...nothing sexy (for HTPC's)
Replies
Views
Yes this is true u can do this But if you are installing a discrete graphics card then its more than likely that you could output DVI from both outputs of the graphics card and would not need the onboard graphics at all (I know the HIS silent ATI3450 can do this) - the OP wanted to avoid this scenario if possible. Also if I were...
Yes this is true u can do this But if you are installing a discrete graphics card then its more than likely that you could...
Hi! I was getting excited when I read about the "GA-MA78GM-S2H" motherboard. GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Manual -...
Replies
Views
Yeah, try LAV Filters for MPEG2, & set the audio decoder back to MPC-MPA (SPDIF passthrough if required) or LAV. PowerDVD isn't great for our TV as it can often detect the wrong framerate & display at half rate (25 instead of 50). Configure LAV with CUVID adaptive, 50/60p, high-quality processing (may need to turn off HQ processing...
Yeah, try LAV Filters for MPEG2, & set the audio decoder back to MPC-MPA (SPDIF passthrough if required) or LAV. PowerDVD isn't...
Now this is a weird one which someone might beable to answer but first some setup details AMD dual core running at 2500Mhz...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom