Video-Cards (9 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
I have one of these, but when I got it, it seems to have 512MB RAM CLUB3D CGAX-P246L RADEON HD 2400PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E DVI HDCP LOWPROFILE PASSIVE DVI connector which I use a DVI to HDMI cable to drive the TV
I have one of these, but when I got it, it seems to have 512MB RAM CLUB3D CGAX-P246L RADEON HD 2400PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E DVI HDCP...
Hi, I have an AOPEN XC Cube EZ 661 SFF PC. I would like to add a passively cooled Graphics Card but am not sure what to go for...
Replies
Views
YUY, YUV, RGB ? YUY2 stores color data at a lower accuracy than RGB but we don't really notice any detail loss. Chroma sampling is half the vertical resolution. YV12 is similar to YUY2 but there are even less chroma samples (fewer bits, less space used). MPEG1, 2, 4 all use YUV (YV12). Examples, DVDs, Mjpeg and DivX supports...
YUY, YUV, RGB ? YUY2 stores color data at a lower accuracy than RGB but we don't really notice any detail loss. Chroma sampling...
Hi, I've just noticed that the latest ATI drivers now have a colour space option for my display. I have no idea which is the best...
Replies
Views
AW: HD3200 auto res. change when tv goes off Hi. See here ...
AW: HD3200 auto res. change when tv goes off Hi. See here ...
Hi there! My HTPC has the ATI 3200 HD with newest CC Software. I have connected my Onkyo TX SR Reciver via HDMI and it routes...
Replies
Views
I too have Win7 configured close but am using HDMI to my PJ. I'm running CCC 10.3 and although it always detects the HDMI input (when I switch on the A/V receiver & PJ) it's the HDMI audio - I get a popup stating something about an HDMI-to-DVI and that I have no audio device connected. So far I find a reboot is necessary to resolve...
I too have Win7 configured close but am using HDMI to my PJ. I'm running CCC 10.3 and although it always detects the HDMI input...
Hi guys, Posted this on some ATI forums but haven't had a lot of joy. I have a HD4200 on my ASUS mobo. Currently I have an epson...
Replies
Views
Today upgraded to 11.5 --> same problems, then downgraded to 11.4 --> same problems. Back to 11.3 and every is fine again. Strange! Crappy ATI-drivers. BTW I use HD3200. 11.5 too new for 'good old' HD3200/4200?? regards, Nico
Today upgraded to 11.5 --> same problems, then downgraded to 11.4 --> same problems. Back to 11.3 and every is fine again. Strange...
I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this: on a system with a Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H (onboard Radeon HD 4250)...
Replies
Views
well, late reply. You probably got an anwser already by buying the hw you liked. :) For the purpose you describe, 1080p, the radeon should be more than sufficient. Coming from an AMD card the benefit seems pretty small. The delay you describe will not be solved by replacing the gfx card. The only thing a new gpu card will be...
well, late reply. You probably got an anwser already by buying the hw you liked. :) For the purpose you describe, 1080p, the...
I currently have an ATI Radeon HD 4670 installed on my rig and I am thinking of upgrading it but I have a few questions to see if...
Replies
Views
As nobody had this problem, I decided to uninstall completely version 13.4 (with computer reboot) and then re-install version 13.9 and, guess what, it's working fine. Sorry for the false alert :unsure:.
As nobody had this problem, I decided to uninstall completely version 13.4 (with computer reboot) and then re-install version 13.9...
I tried to install drivers 13.9 and I had big stutter on 1080p24 video (almost all my videos). I came back to 13.4 and everything...
Replies
Views
Hi mate Im currently running a 780g with a 4450e (2.3GHz) CPU and its great - its quiet and low power (although many people have complained about lack on interlacing options using X2 cpus - i do not use 1080i content so its not a problem for me). If i was building a system now I would go for the Nvidia 9400 (ive also read the...
Hi mate Im currently running a 780g with a 4450e (2.3GHz) CPU and its great - its quiet and low power (although many people have...
Crap. i was all set to go with the Nvidia MB solution, but then learned more about the AMD 790GX solution and it made me think...
Replies
Views
Well, deinterlacing options makes no impact on 720/1080p.... since there is no need to deinterlace. (p = progressive = noninterlaced) Good reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_video What is deinterlacing? The best method to deinterlace movies
Well, deinterlacing options makes no impact on 720/1080p.... since there is no need to deinterlace. (p = progressive =...
Can anyone tell me which settings MP uses for picture quality. I have a ATI radeon 3650 I use the most recent ATI CCC For...
Replies
Views
Seems like no good (HTPC) reason toupdate:
Seems like no good (HTPC) reason toupdate:
Today Ati posted a new hot fix driver for Catalyst 8.10 on their support page.You can find the download links for both XP and Vista...
Replies
Views
All old nvidia cads can send sound through hdmi cable but only SPDIF because they was connected to sound card through SPDIF cable. New cards like GT240 or GT220 supports direct sound transfer(no need spdif cable) and supports more bandwidth sound streams it that way.
All old nvidia cads can send sound through hdmi cable but only SPDIF because they was connected to sound card through SPDIF cable...
I was just reading a review of this card and it stated that this was the one of the few nvidea graphic cards that sends audio...
Replies
Views
No one knows anything about this?
No one knows anything about this?
Hi, This might be a strange question but I've tried to google all possible solutions without success. I have a standard HTPC...
Replies
Views
M
I think the card you've linked to is a little underpowered. I've just stuck a geforce 6200 in my shuttle and I'm very happy with it. It was around 60 quid, and I managed to get one with a heatsink rather than a fan to keep the noise down. The picture quality via tv-out is vastly superior to my onboard graphics card and it seems to...
I think the card you've linked to is a little underpowered. I've just stuck a geforce 6200 in my shuttle and I'm very happy with...
I have a Shuttle XPC SK41G and plan to get a Sapphire 550 pro Tuner Card. Media portal seems to be a wicked program to turn it in...
Replies
Views
Current system: Asus M3A78-M, 780g chipset AMD 64X2 5000+ Brisbane Hitachi SATA 3 500GB OZ tech 2GB DDR2 800 I have the onboard video but unfortaunately I am still stuck with my old CRT TV. So, I need a video card that has S-Video out (or comes with an S-Video-Component cable) to go to my crap TV.I have narrowed my choice down...
Current system: Asus M3A78-M, 780g chipset AMD 64X2 5000+ Brisbane Hitachi SATA 3 500GB OZ tech 2GB DDR2 800 I have the...
Current system: Asus M3A78-M, 780g chipset AMD 64X2 5000+ Brisbane Hitachi SATA 3 500GB OZ tech 2GB DDR2 800 I have the...
Replies
Views
I have a guest room with an old P4 client pc. AGP HD2600 graphic card connected to an old Sony 32" FX66 TV with S-video. "Problem" When I return from standby there are no picture on the tv. It must be the graphic card that does not detect the tv after standby? Does any of you remember/know a solution or have any ideas of what I...
I have a guest room with an old P4 client pc. AGP HD2600 graphic card connected to an old Sony 32" FX66 TV with S-video...
I have a guest room with an old P4 client pc. AGP HD2600 graphic card connected to an old Sony 32" FX66 TV with S-video...
Replies
Views
Check it out! This is ingenious! http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1864315,00.asp
Check it out! This is ingenious! http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1864315,00.asp
Replies
Views
Hi Need suggestions on which graphic card to go:- Quiet Able to fit in LC17 case Compatible to run with Intel E7200 for now (Will upgrade soon) Compatible with Asus P5k Pro Needs to be able to have 3D, and 3D simulation support (Will end up with 3D TV/Projector soon) Possibly decode bluray audio formats Best value for money...
Hi Need suggestions on which graphic card to go:- Quiet Able to fit in LC17 case Compatible to run with Intel E7200 for now...
Hi Need suggestions on which graphic card to go:- Quiet Able to fit in LC17 case Compatible to run with Intel E7200 for now...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Here is my config : Asrock ION330 connected to an Optoma projector thru HDMI and to a XVGA touch screen LCD display thru D-Sub. When both the projector and the lcd display are on, all is fine. If I turn the projector off, the display disapears from the system and the LCD screen becomes the only known display...
Hello gentlemen, Here is my config : Asrock ION330 connected to an Optoma projector thru HDMI and to a XVGA touch screen LCD...
Hello gentlemen, Here is my config : Asrock ION330 connected to an Optoma projector thru HDMI and to a XVGA touch screen LCD...
Replies
Views
hey guys, I've been using the onboard gpu on my 780g board for about 6 months and have never been able to watch a blu ray at 24p without losing sync constantly with the sound. I have tried powerdvd's 7/8/9 and tmt3 and both have the same problem. After a bit of consideration I figured my best bet was to invest in a new gpu so I...
hey guys, I've been using the onboard gpu on my 780g board for about 6 months and have never been able to watch a blu ray at 24p...
hey guys, I've been using the onboard gpu on my 780g board for about 6 months and have never been able to watch a blu ray at 24p...
Replies
Views
Is the Black Magic Intensity Pro compatible with MP ?
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've been running MP for a number of years on what is now a fairly old system. I've just got a HD Ready TV (panel res 1365x768) and am now trying to put HD content through MP. 720 mkv files generally play OK but 1080 ones struggle or just don't work. BBC or ITV HD off satellite is currently a non starter but I've got SkyHD...
Hi all, I've been running MP for a number of years on what is now a fairly old system. I've just got a HD Ready TV (panel res...
Hi all, I've been running MP for a number of years on what is now a fairly old system. I've just got a HD Ready TV (panel res...
Replies
Views
Hotfix-driver GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix The hotfix-driver solves the HDMI overscan-problem. It also contains a new HDMI audio-driver. :) If you have an AMD system, look also for the latest updated AHCI-driver that are available now.
Hotfix-driver GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix The hotfix-driver solves the HDMI overscan-problem. It also contains a new HDMI...
Hotfix-driver GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix The hotfix-driver solves the HDMI overscan-problem. It also contains a new HDMI...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I'm building out a new PVR box currently own a PVR 350 and am really unsatisified with the stability of it. I want to buy new cards and have the ability to do DVI in/out to an HD TV. Suggestions, highest quality picture available? + stable? I'm willing to drop some bux on it, Thanks!
Hi, I'm building out a new PVR box currently own a PVR 350 and am really unsatisified with the stability of it. I want to buy...
Hi, I'm building out a new PVR box currently own a PVR 350 and am really unsatisified with the stability of it. I want to buy...
Replies
Views
ManCreatedGod
M
GeForce Release 178
GeForce Release 178
GeForce Release 178
Replies
Views
Hi There, im currently using an Intel NUC (i5-5250U) with an internal Intel HD Graphics 6000 card, Unfortunately this card is not able to play UHD content (Movies/TV). So my first thought was about getting an external Graphics card which would allow me to watch UHD Movies/TV at 60hz. Gaming is not relevant for me. I would appreciate...
Hi There, im currently using an Intel NUC (i5-5250U) with an internal Intel HD Graphics 6000 card, Unfortunately this card is not...
Hi There, im currently using an Intel NUC (i5-5250U) with an internal Intel HD Graphics 6000 card, Unfortunately this card is not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, this might seem a little strange but: I have an HD3200 onboard chip, which decodes everything I throw at it...I don't have 1080i sources so no problem there BUT I have the feeling the MP menus in general are a bit stuttery. I had a look at Windows Media Center recently which has very smooth menu transitions - I...
Hi everyone, this might seem a little strange but: I have an HD3200 onboard chip, which decodes everything I throw at it...I...
Hi everyone, this might seem a little strange but: I have an HD3200 onboard chip, which decodes everything I throw at it...I...
Replies
Views
I'm having problems with the latest versions of drivers for nvidia, I have an LCD monitor Flatron LG 22 "W2353V and when I install the latest versions (from 344.48 to the latest 344.75) I have a loss of contrast in the images, the color black looks gray and paler colors, this does not happen with version 344.11 where the images are...
I'm having problems with the latest versions of drivers for nvidia, I have an LCD monitor Flatron LG 22 "W2353V and when I install...
I'm having problems with the latest versions of drivers for nvidia, I have an LCD monitor Flatron LG 22 "W2353V and when I install...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will work with what I've got and give me what I want. I recently bought a Nvidia 7600 gt (AGP 512) which worked well but Nvidia has recently discontinued the Full Screen Video Mirror ability from its 7 series and...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Replies
Views
I'm interested in playing the latest games on my HTPC with decent framerates, but am somewhat limited with card length on the NSK2480. I would really like to grab a GTX260 (55nm) but I'm pretty sure the 10.5" card length is too deep for the case. I have no intention of cutting the case at all so I need to find something else that fits...
I'm interested in playing the latest games on my HTPC with decent framerates, but am somewhat limited with card length on the...
I'm interested in playing the latest games on my HTPC with decent framerates, but am somewhat limited with card length on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone ever saw a nvidia 9300GS/GE card buyable? Im interested in that cards because they bring nvidia VP3 and should be able to be cooled passively. ( And they might be cheap, too ) Or does anyone tested one of those card once? Did not find a good test yet. Could try a 9400GT but this only supports VP2.
Hi, does anyone ever saw a nvidia 9300GS/GE card buyable? Im interested in that cards because they bring nvidia VP3 and...
Hi, does anyone ever saw a nvidia 9300GS/GE card buyable? Im interested in that cards because they bring nvidia VP3 and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom