Feature Requests (2 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You will need to import the SD EPG info into tv server in order to get it through MPExtended. Will not add SD support directly in MPiV. Even if we did one would not be able to record and see what is recording or sceduled.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks.... My client (single seat) has no problems connecting to my server (multi-seat) and getting the channel listing.
    The iViewer does not seem to get the listing locally yet on the client it does appear.
    Does iViewer pull it down local there-by needing more time to do so?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You need to have MPExtended installed on the TV-server and configure separate client/server in MPiV settings.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I could maybe be a bit more clear. One can configure the setup with MPiV together with MediaPortal and MPExtended in various ways. To get TV part you will need to have MPExtended installed on the tv-server computer. Then you can choose to have MPExtended installed at the clients as well or copy/sync the databases to the TV-server. You should have WifiRemote installed at each client.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have all machine installed with MPExtended (needed on the MP2 side).
    Currently I only need WifiRemote on the Client only machine.
    All connections from the Ipad to the client that I have configured seem to work.
    I even verified thru MP Config that the TV server can be connected to from the Client Only (Server Bugbunny shows up Green and connects).
    The Client Only (Sylvester) does see the TV Schedule with no problems.
    The iViewer gives me a blank area where the TV Schedule should be.

Edit: If you like, move this topic to a new thread so as to not clutter it

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Feature request #8: allow shares-view in plugins (e.g. Videos and/or Music)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Share view in Movies have been added in dev and will be in next update.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would be great to see a seperate field to configure external access. I´t might be a security issue to allow 4322 directly to pass from external to internal. So a secound field might be helpfull.

1. Internal IP + Port
    2. External IP ( f.e. dyndns entry ) + External Port

In this case we could use one Client Entry internal and also external without think about security ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread