Feature Requests (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    #9 isnt it enough with default setting for view? ;)

I also want to add possibility to save duration when streaming but several parts are missing to achieve this right now. One need to add a way to save duration in MPExt. The iViewer video player also do not have this info in the api. So it will not be added anytime soon.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Default view would be good enough if I could choose the browser/shares view as default. But imho this is not possible?!

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Johanj

What about another option to use external access.
    Would love to see the following behavior

1. Internal IP / Port / MAC for WOL
    2. External IP / Port / MAC for WOL + Port

Regards,
    Daniel

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Jelmo

Im not sure I understand how that is supposed to work. You mean that this should be settings for one client, i.e. Internal and external settings for one clients setup?

If that is the case, how can one know that the client is on internal vs external network? Its not just wifi vs 3g. Should one match the sunbnet of ipad with the client to see if one use the internal netwok? If no match assume that one use external?

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jelmo

Im not sure I understand how that is supposed to work. You mean that this should be settings for one client, i.e. Internal and external settings for one clients setup?

If that is the case, how can one know that the client is on internal vs external network? Its not just wifi vs 3g. Should one match the sunbnet of ipad with the client to see if one use the internal netwok? If no match assume that one use external?

Your Idea sounds not so bad .... the problem actual is the following.

1. Wake on LAN will not via Internet with only a MAC adress. You need a port to change the broadcast to a unicast packet.
    2. Since most of the users will use NAT it´s like a security problem to NAT 1:1 to port 4322 for that service

So the app should be able to check if the hostname is reachable on the same network or not. If so - use internal settings - if not - use external.
    But before reachablility test - WOL Packets should be sent to both.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will add it to our feature request list so we do not forget. You can use two clients in MPiV for now, one for internal and one for external use. Or map the ports 1:1.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will add it to our feature request list so we do not forget. You can use two clients in MPiV for now, one for internal and one for external use. Or map the ports 1:1.

This is how i use it for now ;)

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    I'd like to see an improved way of configuring the main home menu layout when some of the activities are not used. I don't use TV Server (...and hence I don't use Radio either) which leaves 2 of the 6 menu options greyed out. It would be nice to have display options that allowed for only 3 (I figure almost everyone will have at least movies, series and music), 4, or 5 options visible in a way that doesn't waste screen real-estate.

Bit of a "fussy" request, I know. ;) It's just the app looks so damn good in every other way, it seems a shame to have redundant icons hanging around.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Noted about Home screen, I'm sure we can do something further on to improve this.

I guess it's quite different with how one use it though. I and Joost have actually from time to time not used the Home screen at all, instead only used the activity buttons that are activated with 'Activity' button in tapbar.

Users who are viewing this thread