Feature Requests (2 Viewers)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
July 14, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi johanj

Would it be possible to add "play all artist" in the all music screen?

Quantor

Portal Pro
February 9, 2013
Bad Kreuznach
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Johanj ...

Great job on the app... Absolutely amazing... Completely satisfied...

Nothing urgent and only if possible:

Any chance to have different Skins for MpIv in the ner Future ? So that we can have the same lol and feel on our pad and HTPC ? Maybe at least for the most popular ones like StreamedMP, Avalanche or PureVision...

Rgrds,

Quantor

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    About skinning/themes. You will get the same look and feel if you use the default Titan skin in MP;).

It's a chance that we will create different skins/themes further on. I'm however quite certain that we will not mimic/base it on existing MediaPortal skins. It will probably be new designs, if we do it.

Note that it's quite a lot of work and we currently have too many projects to handle on the limited time we have.

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About skinning/themes. You will get the same look and feel if you use the default Titan skin in MP;).

It's a chance that we will create different skins/themes further on. I'm however quite certain that we will not mimic/base it on existing MediaPortal skins. It will probably be new designs, if we do it.

Note that it's quite a lot of work and we currently have too many projects to handle on the limited time we have.

Thanks for the Info... Thought that it would be easier to skin MPiViewer as it is to develope a skin for MP... :D ... Was under the impression that only a color-matching background needs to be used and 6 icons matching the original skin....

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Changing backrounds is simple to implement. You can right now change between four backgrounds in settings. Also changing activity button graphics is not a big thing.

But that is not creating a new skin. What I talk about is a redesign of all panels.

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Changing backrounds is simple to implement. You can right now change between four backgrounds in settings. Also changing activity button graphics is not a big thing.

That's what I was asking for ;)

Don't get me wrong... I'm 100% satisfied and happy with MPiV... It's absolute amazing... But could choose some of the common backgrounds in settings combined with the corresponding icons would make it absolute perfect... Not everyone is a friend of Titan... ;) but that's upper level mourning from my side... Keep up the great work...

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got another Feature request:

Could you please add another button in the "Controls-Menu" for Music which makes us able to Switch to the "Now Playing" Screen... ('x'-button) ?

Regress,

Oliver

Thecork

Portal Member
    May 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Not sure if this has been requested elsewhere but thought I'd ask.

Absolutely love this app btw.

I have been able to hook up clients and have control as expected, launching shows on clients perfect!

What I'd love is to be also be able to set this up so that it is iPad watching only for a particular client. I have a dedicated tv server, which also has mepo open so that I can maintain the movie and tv series db's. I have added this client to the app, but what I'd love is to not have separate play and stream options, because I have no need to play the media on the server (there is no monitor and its in a cupboard) all I want to do is play everything on the iPad when I hit play, not have to remember to hit the stream button, does this make sense?

Thanks for a great app and look forward to future updates!

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Not sure if this has been requested elsewhere but thought I'd ask.

Absolutely love this app btw.

I have been able to hook up clients and have control as expected, launching shows on clients perfect!

What I'd love is to be also be able to set this up so that it is iPad watching only for a particular client. I have a dedicated tv server, which also has mepo open so that I can maintain the movie and tv series db's. I have added this client to the app, but what I'd love is to not have separate play and stream options, because I have no need to play the media on the server (there is no monitor and its in a cupboard) all I want to do is play everything on the iPad when I hit play, not have to remember to hit the stream button, does this make sense?

Thanks for a great app and look forward to future updates!
    I like that idea very much, it would greatly enhance the app. It could be a switch in the settings for the client to "Stream only", "Remote control only" and "Stream and Remote control". Although I guess this is hard to implement, @johanj?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thecork, the feature request was brought up by The_Stig before, at that time I asked him to wait and get used to the app before suggesting these kind of changes. Switching play and stream button in the gui is not a large thing to do. I guess you are asking for either having the icon on top of the covers to stream to device or play in Mediaportal, depening on a user setting. The play/stream button that is not on the cover is instead on a smaller button. The request is noted;)

Users who are viewing this thread