Feature Requests (1 Viewer)

Thecork

Portal Member
May 6, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Thanks mate, I wasn't sure if it had. I guess essentially what I want is the app to behave like its own MePo client. Although handy, I don't really have a need for the remote control of clients, just love the ease of use this gives me to access my media and live tv on the iPad, so a setting somewhere to switch to this client mode is all I'd want. I'm happy using it as is for now, but if this comes would think it'd be a great update :)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    For MP1 there are 2 (that I know of) new IPad clients / remotes.
    They require MPExtended and WIFI remote to be installed.
    IViewer is one that is available on the Apple downloads. I have been toying with it and others really like it.
    There are none for MP2 - Yet

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It would be nice with a light iPhone client that only has the remote, no streaming to the device.

Emph

crasho666

November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello! Wow, what a great app!! Worth every penny!

I was wondering if you could include a manual WakeUpOnLan functionality in the Power menu (a dedicated button)?
    An "automatic WOL on startup" works fine but sometimes it turns on my HTPC if the app was not completely closed (and runs in the background).

Again, great work!!!

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I missed to answer the above requests whn thwy came.

We have currently no plan for a iPhone version.

We also have no plan for making media available for offline mode, not sure that this can be achieved with the iaviewer framework we work with.

Wake on Lan in power menu is however planned for in the next update. Not in default design but we will make the power menu configurable.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    An iPhone version of just the remote section would be great, using the same graphic assets in landscape mode if that would feel like a smaller, more manageable task. Porting the whole shebang would be silly. ;)

Emph

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I understood your request about only the remote section. However, no bitmap graphics can be resued and each background/button/image need to be redesigned for the new resolution. The different form factor would require new design. Sure, it's not a huge task but we have so many projects rigth now and too little time for completing them all so an iPhone version is not high priority.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Fantastic app gentlemen it suits my needs very well indeed.
    FYI i use this to control mediaportal REMOTELY, i am in the USA, my HTPC is in the UK. We use MP for watching UK TV via slingbox and after the pain of setting it up (and getting lazy siblings to change things for me) it is hands down the best option for placeshifting.

After stress testing MPiV here are the imporvements i would like to recommend

1) Allow option to set timezone (of client location) in settings. Currently the EPG uses ipad time which if you are not in the same timezone as the client machine will be incorrect. I am -6 hours GMT. Currently the fix is to set ipad time forward or backward several hours to compensate (this affects a lot of things negatively to numerous to list)
    2) I use comskip. In MP the skip chapter buttons are used to jump to the next chapter made in accordance with the outputted comskip.txt for a recording. Currently the skip chapter buttons in the "controls" section whilst watching recorded tv are mapped to skip steps rather than skip chapters as they are normally. Please add skip chapter buttons.
    3) Currently recordings do not show series/episode numbers (if you've got that data) in recorded TV. Quite often TV shows have generic descriptions such as "More adventures through space and time" or something meaning it is impossible to realise which recorded item is next in line to be watched. It would be very nice to have an (optional) column to display season and episode data against recordings. Bear in mind some EPG sources have episode numbers provided differently e.g. Radio times, like i use, uses the format X/Y (episode X of Y). There needs to be enough space to allow for this.
    4) When you go into a recorded tv program folder every time you delete an episode within that folder it snaps back to the main root folder after the item has been deleted. This can be very tedious if you have lots of episodes to delte from a particular show. It would be nice for MPiV to remember where you are after deleting a program and remain there.
    5) Similar to 4). On the EPG when i browse forward in time to set recordings, after setting a recording it snaps back to current time. Very painful to go back and forth say a day or two if you are queing up several recordings at that particular time. It would be nice for MPiV to remain where it was before you set the recording and not snap back to current time.
    6) Add channel up/down buttons in the "controls" section of live tv. I know i can change tv via highlighting an ite in guide and hitting the play button in top left but sometimes its just nice to skip through channels mindlessly.
    7) At first startup of MPiV, when connecting to the client the tick mark after EPG spins round and round whilst other tick marks are static indicating a successful connection
    8) I like the search EPG feature but i dont like the way when i touch an item, the interface snaps back to the EPG to show the description and where it is in the EPG. I dont need to see where it is in the EPG so it would be nice for search to have its own dedicated top box with description and controls for recording if required. This would prevent jumping to and from the search and guide which is terribly annoying.
    9) Similar to 3) but this time have option to show series/episode number and episode name in the EPG search box.
    10) Someone mentioned this before, smooth scrolling horizontally in EPG guide.
    11) This might be a bug, its difficult to replicate though. Sometimes when i am scheduling recording in the future (say 1 day) i press record, set the frequency but the program does not turn red and im not sure if it has taken the request in the tv server. The recording button is then permanently labelled "cancel" irrespective of what program i highlight and i cannot schedule any more without a restart. Doesnt do it all the time
    12) Option to have series/episode numbers displayed in program boxes in EPG (like you can in the normal MP clien)

Hmmmmmm i think thats all! but hopefully it gives you some ideas
    I'll keep playing with it and if i identify any more i'll be back in touch

Regards

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks.

Packing for skii trip, get back to you when I got some time.

Users who are viewing this thread