OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Huh? I thought I already did the khan academy?

Edit: or is that just a catch-22? :)

Last edited:

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    The Khan Academy returns an error saying "Error getting dynamic gategories". Using latest version on OnlineVideos.
    There are other sites that link back to youtube how should they be handled?

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi
    Has anyone attempted to create an entry for the Khan Academy
    Unless I'm mistaken, doskabouter has a site utility for Khan Academy. Have you tried adding that site from the site manager (or from within MePo). If you have already tried it and it doesn't work, then wait patiently for doskabouter to fix the site.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed I have. All you have to do is send a report through Mediaportal or post a message here that it's not working.

Unless ofcourse, you have some spare time, and want to add sites to onlinevideos. If that's the case there's a nice list to work on here :)

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    I'm also having trouble with TED talks when I click on one of the videos OnlineVideos say Unable to play video no url. I can take a look but I dont know where the remote site are defined and how I might updated them? Are the site utils defned in the same way as a custom XML based one just packed differently or are they hard coded in the plugin?

Cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1348311217][/DOUBLEPOST]Even though Khan Academy now gets the top level categories when you click on the category ( i clicked circle) it says "Errro getting category videos"

Thanks again

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    Here is a list of problematic OnlineVideos sites. I dont know how to go about fixing them myself but if someone could show me how to Edit a siteutil I might be able to have a go?

7 plus
    Click on a video --> No Video found

NASA TV
    Under NASA TV
    Click all the way down to video , choose 854x480 flv video -->Unable to play video . No URL.
    "Space Shuttle Endeavour over Golden Gate Bridge" --> Unabel to play : Online Video.mp4

Howcast
    No categories displayed at all??

Where and how do I submit a new site definition. Someone asked for pitchfork and I'm going to try and get it done but where do I upload it to?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Once your site is done, simply submit it using OnlineVideos Configuration (Sites Tab, select your new site and press publish in the toolbar above).
    The entire project is OpenSource, and there are lot's of sites to use as sample if you are building your own.

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    The Khan Academy is still broken. How do these things get fixed it is quiet frustrating. If they are all supposed to be open source then why cant anybody jump in to fix it , why do you have to email the author and then wait till he fixes it? If someone no longer maintains the site definition what is the procedure for someone to take over that definition.

Cheers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread