PureVisionHD 1080 DriveFreeSpace (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @High_Five @framug
    Hehe, here the first impressions of new page DriveFreeSpace in Settings -> General:

18-28-35.jpg 18-28-39.jpg

Of course I will do it nice and with most info as possible - give me some time please ;)

High_Five

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 10, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Beautifully designed and informative graphics, but because of the wealth of information, it might be clearer to split the text and choose the drive designation as the heading in each case, especially if more drives are added.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it might be clearer to split the text and choose the drive designation as the heading in each case, especially if more drives are added.
    The text shown comes from only 1 (!) property of DriveFreeSpace and is the text you configure in the plugin itself - so the less data you configure, the less text is shown. There are no separate properties for the different information (like disk space total, used space, free space etc.)
    Screenshot shows my configuration, other users may use other configuration.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I decided for a maximum of 8 drives available (screenshot uses 4 times same drive C to show "full load").
    Finally I will add the respective visibility options to only show the really available drives.
    That´s it for today - have a good night ;)

23-06-45.jpg

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, finally I changed my mind and desided for only 6 drives ;)
    In DriveFreeSpace config I now use this construct:

%drive% %labelbrackets%
    %totalspace% GB gesamt / %usedspace% GB belegt
    %freespace% %unit% frei (%fspercent%%)
    (für ca. %rectimeleft% Std. HD)

so there are 4 lines of text shown.

I also changed the sequence of display now from left to right (means drives C and D in 1st row, E and F in second row, G and H in third row)

I added visibility conditions to not show unavailable drives.

At the moment I´m looking for a possibility to make the drive letters not hardcoded, but maybe with a switch option, so even drives with other letters then C,D,E,F,G,H would be shown automatically (e.g. M, Z etc.)

Well, that´s all for today - attached a screenshot and the new settings_general.xml for you to test ;)

11-49-59.jpg

Attachments

• settings_general.xml
      34.2 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    At the moment I´m looking for a possibility to make the drive letters not hardcoded, but maybe with a switch option, so even drives with other letters then C,D,E,F,G,H would be shown automatically (e.g. M, Z etc.)
    Hello,
    Yes, it would be great beacause, with an example with F: and G: as removeable disks :

zz1.png

Otherwise (y)

Users who are viewing this thread