PureVisionHD 1080 DriveFreeSpace (4 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here we go again :D
    I optimized skin and added a nice help text - be sure to read!
    As I said before you SHOULD activate drive C because of formatting of the skin.
    All other drives should be grouped automatically, not assigned drives show a respective message.
    Just copy the content of the attached ZIP into your PVHD folder (overwrite).
    Have fun!

Attachments

• DriveFreeSpace PureVisionHD 1080.zip
      79.6 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go again :D
    I optimized skin and added a nice help text - be sure to read!
    I read and do the same as displayed (text would be better than picture, for copy/paste) ;)

As I said before you SHOULD activate drive C because of formatting of the skin.
    Yes, I read that but, I explain it and why in 3/ b)
    All other drives should be grouped automatically, not assigned drives show a respective message.
    Just copy the content of the attached ZIP into your PVHD folder (overwrite).
    Have fun!
    1/ The only C: checked :

zz1.png

2/ With E: checked, more than C: (please look at 2 times E: displayed)

zz2.png

3/ With your config :

zz3.png

a) rectangle can't contains all infos.
    b) Here is a problem : we already see that there is scroll for drives here BUT, you (and me) know that probably C: is not the drive where free space is critical.
    Then, before E: appears, others impatients users who will not wait scrolling could think OK, there are place in the disk, where it could not be the case...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2/ With E: checked, more than C: (please look at 2 times E: displayed)
    Right - better I use the wording "This drive is not activated" ;)
    a) rectangle can't contains all infos.
    b) Here is a problem : we already see that there is scroll for drives here BUT, you (and me) know that probably C: is not the drive where free space is critical.
    Then, before E: appears, others impatients users who will not wait scrolling could think OK, there are place in the disk, where it could not be the case...
    a) unfortunately correct - have to think how adapt the size of that display ;)
    b) Scrolling starts per skin standard after 20 seconds - I´ll reduce that one for DFS to lets say 5 seconds

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    a) unfortunately correct - have to think how adapt the size of that display ;)
    If a day, in "recorded" (wich is I think, more used than scheduled), would be great to adapt here too. ;)
    b) Scrolling starts per skin standard after 20 seconds - I´ll reduce that one for DFS to lets say 5 seconds
    Can be a solution or, completely avoid C: display.
    (My wife will never wait for 5 seconds). :D

Also, if you have GFX ideas for DFS plugin enabled/disabled instead of default one, a bit like I made for FileExplorer, I'll take it

Enabled :

zz1.png

Disabled :

zz2.png

High_Five

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 10, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I used the configuration from my last post for a quick test with your latest settings_general.xml, where C:, D: and E: are fixed drives/partitions, F: and H: are USB sticks, G: is a virtual drive and I: is an optical drive.

1. All drives are enabled, G: is probably the drive with 0% shown twice, H: is only shown as a red dot.

Test mit allen LAufwerken aktiviert.png

2. Drive D: is disabled, the last drive as a red dot is probably I:, the enabled optical drive.

Test ohne D.png

Regarding the layout, it might be easier to show in e.g. mytvrecordedtv.xml only the drives that are checked in the config of DriveFreeSpace and to present in Settings perhaps by means of menubutton all drives on several pages, where the physically not present drives are e.g. grayed out or marked differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    G: is a virtual drive and I: is an optical drive.
    Not sure whether DFS recognize those correctly ;) Therefore the glitches may appear ;)
    Sorry to edit your post but images in fullscreen consume to much space ...

Users who are viewing this thread