PureVisionHD 1080 DriveFreeSpace (3 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I explain it that way:
    If you activate only one drive (the drive you use for recordings,) and use onlx s few properties for that, then the display in e.g. TV Recordings is OK - but the display in the DSF screen in settings general looks poor.
    If you activate more drives and use the recommended properties, the display in DSF screen in settings general looks good, but in TV Recordings you have a lot of scrolling.
    Therefore I´d like to have an extra property for the display in e.g. TV recordings showing only the drive for recordings.
    Hope that is understandable?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The changelog v0.5 of the plugin lists the following: added #DriveFreeSpace.Enabled and #DriveFreeSpace.X.Enabled properties - first will contain true/false strings depending on weather any drive has been selected, second will contain true/false strings depending on weather drive X is selected.
    That's interesting - so how would this work? What to put in the GUI text of plugin?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would put infos a bit down (red/blue bar too high) and, more on the left side...
    Better?

22-03-50.jpg

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I stop for today.
    Just one remark.
    Globally, I'm not sure users will go in general settings to see DFS.
    But for sure, in home, recorded, scheduled (and just discovered now, display DFS infos in TV Search too), it could be more useful.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @catavolt To be honest, I just found out about this plugin, I've never even seen it before. But also, I am not interested in it, if I run out of space on NAS, NAS will tell me about it, and if there is room, I do not care how much of it is left there. For me, this plugin does not bring any useful information.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Globally, I'm not sure users will go in general settings to see DFS.
    But I startet all this work because you wanted an extra page in settings :confused:
    So I'll drop further development and stay with what we had, just an extra info in recordings screen - the rest will stay as it was.
    Thx for your attention and support ;)

Last edited:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    To be honest, I just found out about this plugin, I've never even seen it before. But also, I am not interested in it, if I run out of space on NAS, NAS will tell me about it, and if there is room, I do not care how much of it is left there. For me, this plugin does not bring any useful information.
    Not all people use a NAS for recordings. ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    But I startet all this work because you wanted an extra page in settings :confused:
    No no, remember.

At first stage, there were overlap in home because, I didn't use DFS plugin.
    After I added it to MP, you fixed another overlap or misplaced in home, we talk about the scroll in the home for more than one disk, I found info was also displayed in scheduled and TV search.
    The only thing asked for was the useful TV recorded part.

And then, another user gave the information that someone else made a mod in another skin in settings.
    So, I wondered if it could be interesting to switch the plugin from process to windows.
    And finally, I thought it was not worth to.

Then, you decided to work in general settings part.
    Here is the problem because, you need different behaviour of the plugin, depending where you want to display infos.
    (C: need to be checked, another property, ...).

Then, I'm not sure it is interesting to work on 2 parts (settings and home/TV).
    So, it's your choice but, if you decided to keep only one part, I think better would be to not go with settings because I'm not sure users will go there to see disk info.
    And IIRC another plugin did that, long time ago (wasn't it HTPCinfo plugin or something like that ?)

Users who are viewing this thread