Store language(s) from MediaInfo (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I made some minor updates in r2109 so please do an SVN update before making any more fixes/changes to this patch ;)

I will review the update in GetSeriesEpisodeCounts() method later this week.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey barneh,

just so im clear on the functionality that you intended for the cCountSpecialEpisodesAsWatched option. Does that mean if you have a special episode in your database it will count as watched regardless of its watched status?

If so I did not intend to make the cCountSpecialEpisodesAsWatched as default enabled in my last commit ;). I will change it back to false.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is still more to be done if you want to always count special episodes as watched.

The DBEpisode.GetSeriesEpisodeCounts() does not get called during an import. I suggest you put a break point here in OnlineParse.cs:
    Code:
      void asyncEpisodeCounts(object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
      {
      Thread.CurrentThread.Priority = ThreadPriority.Lowest;
      List<DBSeries> allSeries = (List<DBSeries>)e.Argument;
      BackgroundWorker worker = sender as BackgroundWorker;
      int nIndex = 1;
      var episodesForCount = DBSeries.GetEpisodesForCount();
      foreach (DBSeries series in allSeries)
      {
      worker.ReportProgress(0, new object[] { series, nIndex++ });
      DBSeries.UpdateEpisodeCounts(series, episodesForCount);
      }
      e.Result = allSeries.Count;
      }

fyi, a couple years ago I think I made some changes to episode counting as it was too slow.

Last edited:

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does that mean if you have a special episode in your database it will count as watched regardless of its watched status?

If so I did not intend to make the cCountSpecialEpisodesAsWatched as default enabled in my last commit ;). I will change it back to false.

Yes... Regardless if the special episode exist or not, it should count it as watch. So default should be false :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Also test deletion of episodes,season,series from GUI Action menu. Toggling Show All Episodes from Options menu etc. These affect the counts when executed.

Another thing I noticed about the patch is that when you toggle option in GUI, it updates the series counts on the main thread. It should do this on a background thread.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    fyi, a couple years ago I think I made some changes to episode counting as it was too slow.
    I put the check in DBSeries.GetEpisodesForCount(), so it shouldn't go slower with this feature...

Another thing I noticed about the patch is that when you toggle option in GUI, it updates the series counts on the main thread. It should do this on a background thread.
    Fixed!

I have done some tests, but I feel I need to do more... Hopefully I get some time to do them later this week, so I can commit a new patch after that :)

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ltfearme said: ↑
    I put the check in DBSeries.GetEpisodesForCount(), so it shouldn't go slower with this feature...

After testing i found out that it was better to do the change in DBSeries.UpdateEpisodeCounts() then DBSeries.GetEpisodesForCount() :)

Users who are viewing this thread