Support Requests (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So have you configured to use a MP Videos in MPiV settings? Have you pointed out the database in MPExt configurator?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Its real funny you ask me these.
    1-I have tried each of the settings within MPiV - same results
    2-What is pointed out? database in MPExt? If you are talking about Plugins / MP MyVideo database, no I have not touched it

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What would really help is external access, then I do not need to ask you the funny questions.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok. It was one of the silly questions that was the solution;)

breese was kind enough to let me connect to his pc.

To sum up:
    -MPExt. 0.5.4 was used instead of 0.6 beta. (User will be notified with popup in next update)
    -Latest Pictures was enabled (This will be default off in next update)
    -No Movie or Music database was configured in MPExtended. (Available plugins will be logged in next update)
    -Recordings throw exception since I assumed that one had four recordings.(Handled in next update)

Thanks for letting me connect breese. Please help me now, how can we avoid these kind of issues for other users?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for letting me connect breese. Please help me now, how can we avoid these kind of issues for other users?

First let me say it is a pleasure to assist you and sorry I did not understand more of what was needed.

As for other users, I think there are a lot of assumptions in the Original Install of MPiV.
    As you discovered there was an assumption that there would be 4 recordings. As a Tester for MP2 and constantly doing Fresh Installs you need to assume that a New User will be installing from a fresh install (no ups, downs, extra's) and will be wanting a Remote. If they discover the MPiV and attempted to use it, you will have similar issues as seen these past few days.
    Along with that comes a few things
    1-Movies vers Videos - MP1 Home screen shows Videos yet MPiV shows Movies. Also your Movies stock config points to something other than the Stock Videos built into MP1. Setting the MPiV to anything and everything a Stock MP1 would have would accomplish 2 things
    1-New users of your application would have Minimal Issues getting it to run
    2-Experienced users would have a better chance at knowing they have Added Plugin's there-for the ability to know what to look for and how to change it If MPiV has the ability to use their plugin's.

Better Logging within MPiV. Sorry but the logging within the application as it stands today did not inform me of anything useful. Having things like Button Press and System Name Switching goes a long way.

As I play with the Now (I hope) working application connected to my Server, I will add to the list. For now... this is all off the top of my head

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the remarks, will see what we can do for the next update. Logging will be increase a bit for sure. You got a point with Video plugin although Im quite sure that the main part of the users run Moving Pictures.

But Im not sure that you are correct regarding the stock install. Im quite sure that one get the MP databases in the program data folder. Im also quite sure that MPExt will pick those databases up for a stock install. You had placed your databases and thumbs in a custom way and didnt configure that in MPExtended. So if you are willing to test something, please make a setup where you install MP and MPExt. on a clean computer to see if the default databases has correct path or not in MPExt configurator.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    You got a point with Video plugin although Im quite sure that the main part of the users run Moving Pictures.
    That very well could be but you need to think about
    1-Learning Curve of your Application and Equipment being used
    2-New users.
    MP1 has a ton of Plugin's. Interesting note (from what I have seen) almost none of them remove the functionality of the original install package making it easier to determine if the user wants to use your application. So having Movies in the Stock Videos section would still work and an install of Moving Pictures would also work (if my memory has not failed me).

Im also quite sure that MPExt will pick those databases up for a stock install. You had placed your databases and thumbs in a custom way and didnt configure that in MPExtended.
    I concede that I did not do what I normally would have done and the Custom Database (the one thing I told you about right at the start of reporting my issues including a link to how it is done), created the problems I encountered.

Now the small list of suggestions I made was from stepping back and taking a clean look at what was offered by your original application.
    @morpheus_xx (Something to think about with the MP2 development ;) )
    As another suggestion for any Dev's reading this, I have always meant to ask why a "Movie Plugin" does not on install Use the Original Home Page Button for the same function there-by also making the End Users life easier in functionality.
    With MP1 the end user not only has to install the Moving Pictures and configure it, if it is not on the Home Screen, they might need to learn out to Move the Buttons to make the Wife and Kids happy.
    Like I said, just a thought.

Back on topic: MPiV: My suggestions from Post #67 were just that, suggestions. Seeing you know very little about me, I do not write code but over time I can understand it. One of my strongest area's is to step back and outside the box and test. In the case of MPiV, I do plan to test what you now have working for me, report my findings (good and bad) and then will look to the MP1 Dev's for the next MP 1.8.0 Pre-release that needs to be tested and start all over again.

Thanks again for the time, effort, and hearing me out.... :D

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Got to play with the IPad on the server...
    Love!! The Music Section... Especially the Artist View!! I would have never expected this screen to have so much and look So Damn Good and be Functional!! Congrat's!!
    Music.jpg

Menu's worked as expected. Found a small issue with Quitting / Stopping TV
    Using the IPad I went to the top of the screen and told it to Stop
    TV_019.jpg
    The MP1 System popped up with this
    StopTV_01.jpg
    When I acknowledged it, it went to this
    StopTV_02.jpg

Suggestion (If possible) return the MP1 system to the Home screen if the user is stopping the TV?

Next I tried using the Power Function to Stop Media Portal.
    First let me apologize for not clearing my logs first.
    somewhere after the following I tried the Stop... MP1 Stayed alive, tried the Stop function a couple of times
    MediaPortal.log
    [2014-06-30 17:37:47,168] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - [WIFI_REMOTE] Playback stopped!

Don't know what I am looking for.......

Attachments

• MPExtended.zip
      32.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread