Support Requests (2 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey @johanj, lately I am facing MP-Client freezes pretty often, which I hadn't before I installed MPiV and MPExtended 0.6 beta. In my setup my main HTPC works as a client and as a server for another client. And on this main HTPC the client freezes (but MPExtended seems to be reacting as I can close and restart MP via MPiV). As I couldn't track it down until now, just a first question: did you see this on your tests? Or is this completely new to you?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

I have not experienced and client freezes. Can you get any clue from looking at MediaPortal log files? MPExtended is running in a separate process so it 'should not' affect MP. WifiRemote can affect MediaPortal and those log entries are visible in the standard MP log. Please post MediaPortal log files. Have do done anything specific in MPiV when this happens?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    I have not experienced and client freezes.
    Good to know. Can be anything else too, I recently switched from an older SSD to a fresh one. Maybe some weird problem related to this too?!?

Can you get any clue from looking at MediaPortal log files?
    Nope, not yet, but will try to get a clean MP-log for this case. Guess I have to wait until next weekend to have the time for this.

Please post MediaPortal log files.
    Will do.

Have do done anything specific in MPiV when this happens?
    No, not really, just done some tests here and there, and after that pushed iPads home button. But as said, will try to force this behaviour to get a clean log with clear timestamps.

pACE

Portal Member
    October 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The power functions communicate with the MPExtended tray application. This mean that you can start/stop MediaPortal and send the different power modes without having MediaPortal running. The power mode commands are sent to the clients MPExtended. So it's expected behaviour but I can understand that it's not what you want.

I will add this as a user request and we will see if we can add it in an consistent way. Most parts could also be handled by WifiRemtote but then MediaPortal ofcourse need to be running and one can therefore not start MediaPortal when it's not running.

I think the typical user scenario is having MPExtended on each client and then it really doesn't matter if one use WifiRemote or MPExt. for power mode commands.

I can see a workarounds for now. You could configure your HTPC to got to sleep after x amount of minutes on Home screen. Then you can in MPiV press the Home button in remote so MediaPortal jump to Home screen.

Yes, I've installed MPExtended on the HTPC also and then configured my TV-server as another client to control in MPiV. So now I can control my HTPC when I'm home and then have access to the TV-Server installation when I'm out.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you saying that you are satisfied with your current setup or do that feel as a workaround?

We are discussing different options for how to add the power commands through WifiRemote but we haven't yet found a way that make it both user friendly and consistent.

cabala

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

I have to report two bugs:

- All the covers of the films show the resolution 720p instead of 1080p

- It is not possible to stream movies that are located on a NAS password protected. If you press the play button, these movies are regularly played in MP. It therefore seems that the credentials in the operating system will not be accepted by MPextended in order to permit the streaming.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

First of all thanks for this great app!
    Anyway I have one little problem: There are no thumbs visible at all.
    Neither series covers nor tvchannel logos. Any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread