UK DVB-T epg - nothing grabbed (1 Viewer)

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Good to hear you're going to persevere with the tv engine, I'm sure the more that can test it the better it will become!

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
just tried todays build from 20:03... and it grabbed the UK EPG in just over 30 mins - much improvement!

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
OK I ran SVN 10th Jan
tvengine3-01-10-2007--01-12h--Rev12587 +
MediaPortal-svn--01-10-2007--00-59-Rev12587.exe

Running Refresh EPG in TV Server config DID now grab EPG info. However some channels aren't grabbed as it seems to think it has already grabbed them earlier when it hadn't? Namely BBC FOUR, Parliament and a few of the radio channels. It seemed to take an hour and a half from being kicked off before info began to filter through according to the epg.log (file attached). Prior to this I had just watched TV for a few hours, but it didn't grab any info, so AFAIK it's only grabbed info so far when I pressed refresh EPG from TV Server and left it running overnight without running the MP Client. TV Client watching began again at 11/01/2007 08:15. I'll update log of epg.log does grab while actually watching TV

Now that I have EPG info, I can actually run it and it seems pretty stable enough to use. Channel changing sometimes starts playing something you watched earlier from buffer (stop tv/select new channel cures it) and I can't seem to stop TV on a client (unless exit to homepage and press stop). I'll see if EPG gets updated over next few days (ie on sat has TV to next sat). Looking pretty cool though...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Running Refresh EPG in TV Server config DID now grab EPG info. However some channels aren't grabbed as it seems to think it has already grabbed them earlier when it hadn't? Namely BBC FOUR, Parliament and a few of the radio channels. It seemed to take an hour and a half from being kicked off before info began to filter through according to the epg.log (file attached). Prior to this I had just watched TV for a few hours, but it didn't grab any info, so AFAIK it's only grabbed info so far when I pressed refresh EPG from TV Server and left it runnig overnight without running the MP Client.

TV server will grab EPG data only when the server is idling (no watching or recording ongoing).

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    TV server will grab EPG data only when the server is idling (no watching or recording ongoing).
    I presume if you have 2 cards and only 1 is being used it still won't try and grab EPG on the other card either as the idea is to not to do things that may cause stutter? which is fine. Though If somone uses MP like a set-top box they may well never actually turn the TV off. Does it grab EPG when you are watching back a recording, so tuners are not in use?

OK it has now grabbed EPG info for all channels so maybe I was focusing too much on it cos of earlier probs and not giving it a chance. It seems to get EPG for radio channels that are unticked in EPG page as well, so I just deleted them completely (teletext/game thingies). There may be an initial issue with it ignoring EPG for channels it thinks it had already got.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I presume if you have 2 cards and only 1 is being used it still won't try and grab EPG on the other card either as the idea is to not to do things that may cause stutter? which is fine. Though If somone uses MP like a set-top box they may well never actually turn the TV off. Does it grab EPG when you are watching back a recording, so tuners are not in use.

Yes, tv engine will grab EPG when all tuners are in the idle state.

guyf

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MediaPortal Version: 2.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: blue
    Windows Version: XP PRO SP2
    CPU Type: AMD 64 3200
    HDD: 80 GB
    Memory:
    Motherboard: Tyan
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Nvidia quadro FX 1400
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppage 500
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card: Hauppage 500
    2. TV Card Type: Analog
    2. TV Card Driver:latest
    3. TV Card: Hauppage 500
    3. TV Card Type: analog
    3. TV Card Driver: latest
    4. TV Card: Hauppage 500
    4. TV Card Type: analog
    4. TV Card Driver: latest
    4. TV Card: Twinhan DVB-C pci card model 2130
    4. TV Card Type: Digital
    4. TV Card Driver: latest
    MPEG2 Video Codec: default
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: default
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: IN.DI
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi There,

I have 5 tunercards and always 1 is being timeshifted or in recording.
    Can EPG be grabbed with a higher priority?

Thanks in advance
    Guy forssman

Users who are viewing this thread