UK DVB-T epg - nothing grabbed (2 Viewers)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
I just installed latest SVN (Rev12443) but get no EPG either (also in UK). What do others do use xmltv data or revert back to old tv engine.

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
how long did you wait.... i found that it takes an hour or so (sometimes longer) for it to populate the EPG.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
Well it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes if it's working properly, but yes it was left for 6 hours. I've uninstalled it now and reverted to 0.2.2.0 as it was unuseable in a main viewing room. I'll try it again in a few months.

I'm a bit confused about MP's roadmap. It seems to be getting more and more bloated and buggy, sometimes using like 200mb of ram! just to watch tv? surely 10mb would be more appropriate. Also many basic features remain unaddressed while these advanced features of minority use are prioritised. Personally I'd like to see a MediaPortal Lite with more basic but solid reliable functionality and much less bloat to rival set top boxes.

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
"10 minutes" agreed... but i've never found it to populate the EPG in 10 minutes.

usually when i've installed a new version, 24 hours later it has a full 7 day EPG downloaded.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
well obviously UPDATING the EPG needs to have a very low priority as you don't want it interrupting anything. However INITIALIZING the EPG (when it is blank) needs to have top priority as without an EPG you cannot easily record or watch anything.

Re 10 minutes that's about the time the average DTV set top box takes to populate so cannot see why this would be any different. As I said after 6 hours it had got NO EPG data at all so I uninstalled it. Now back with 0.2.2.0 and touching wood.

sim1964

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
UK
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: AMD XP1800+
HDD: 100gb
Memory: 1 gb ddr3200
Motherboard: pc chips m845
Motherboard Chipset: via
Motherboard Bios: ?
Video Card: abit ti4600 (Nvidia)
Video Card Driver: ?
Sound Card: C-Media
Sound Card AC3: none of the above
Sound Card Driver: ?
1. TV Card: WinTV Nova-T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 2.5e
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
TV: Daewoo 28" W/S
TV - HTPC Connection: s-video

Hi TV EPG seems to be working OK if a bit slow, but is anyone else having issues with Radio EPG mine does not seem to be populating. I have had the latest TV Engine 3 up for about 24 hours now but have no information in the radio guide.

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
if you check the EPG grab settings in the tvserver config... you'll see that none of the are checked to download.

i can never get them to stay checked. i check them all. hit OK to close the config screen. go back in and they are all unchecked again.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Yes noticed the radio epg too but no big deal. Still having problems grabbing some epg for channels. Specificaly the channels on the first dvb-t frequency for BBC1, 2, 3 CBBC and News 24. I get them in the end but sometimes takes up to a day to grab!

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    technotrend

just a quick note: i had to disable both my technotrend cards. The epg grabber then started working perfectly using the single hauppauge nova-t card i had left enabled.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    Once I find an easy way to flick between the diff versions of MP, I'll do more testing but had to revert to v0.2.2.0 as this machine is used as main media device in living room and though I have plenty other pc's here none have dtv cards in. Now my xmas flu is clearing I feel a lot more optimistic about it all, it all seems pretty close.

Users who are viewing this thread