Improvement Suggestions (16 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
I agree with cheezey. It can be a mess browsing my programs if you have "too many" programs added to the list. I have nes, snes, mame, n64, sega, cd-burning, dvd ripping etc added to the list of programs and it would be easier to browse my programs if you would be able to categorize them in directories. In my case it would be a games...
I agree with cheezey. It can be a mess browsing my programs if you have "too many" programs added to the list. I have nes, snes...
I use the My Programs plugin to launch Games and Karaoke (it's for the kids....honest :wink: ) For games it's just a...
Replies
Views
A
this is a possiblity, from HDD most likely, but too many ups or downs through the list might make MP unstable...... also..i DO know what each video file is so i dont need to preview it I think the preview would be much better for "My Pictures" than for "My Videos"
this is a possiblity, from HDD most likely, but too many ups or downs through the list might make MP unstable...... also..i DO...
To select a video in the My Videos list, I simply press the up and down button on my remote to get to the right file and then I hit...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FM Tuner DE
more infos... Well, if I want to register a TV card in MediaPortal config, I can choose in the capture card properties the device to use... And in this combo i can read "TV tuner" and "tuner". So I could be nice to have the same option for the FM tuner. Thx develos ! ;)
more infos... Well, if I want to register a TV card in MediaPortal config, I can choose in the capture card properties the device...
Hi all, I owns a DiGiMatrix barbone from ASUS which owns a AM/FM Tuner. The tuner seems to be accessible via standard WDM...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Animeted menu DE
The latest CVS has some basic animation stuff in My Music... DMAN.
The latest CVS has some basic animation stuff in My Music... DMAN.
Can we make the menus with animation like the mediacenter for xbox. Exploding en fading menus or sliding that is a cool feature...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Remote profile DE
I just bought a converter from Xbox usb to PC usb. There are plenty of these on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41015&item=8130605880&rd=1 After that, just load up the drivers and there is a simple little app to program what each of the buttons do. Piece of cake!! :P
I just bought a converter from Xbox usb to PC usb. There are plenty of these on eBay...
I have a Xbox Remote hooked up and configured. It's pretty nifty! http://redcl0ud.hostrocket.com/xbcd_rc.html Since there are a...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I could check it in but I agree Frodo should have a look first! Thanks!
I could check it in but I agree Frodo should have a look first! Thanks!
Hi, one small sucker: Multiple instances of MP are not allowed (which is cool) But the "Media Portal already running" popup...
Replies
Views
A
The only bug is, if you switch back to EPG with TV in the preview, EPG is on the first chennel. If you then press X, the first chennle starts. Very nerving if you´re watching channel 25 and first have to scroll down to this chennel.
The only bug is, if you switch back to EPG with TV in the preview, EPG is on the first chennel. If you then press X, the first...
A Button in the Recordmenu to switch directly from the TVGuide to the LiveTV to see a program. My english is not good sory
Replies
Views
A
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the backspace key? the button could named "clear", ithink :)) greets Agree
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Vps -> Dvb-c/s/t Hi! VPS is not sending over DVB but DVB have a runnin flag. When a movie starts the running flag will show this. More details you can find in the C'T Magazine 07/2007. There is a great story about the VPS programming for DVB. Regards, wadu
Vps -> Dvb-c/s/t Hi! VPS is not sending over DVB but DVB have a runnin flag. When a movie starts the running flag will show...
I would really like a VPS decoder for recording. I'm not sure if this is possible (do TV-Cards support VPS decoding?), but it...
Replies
Views
In order to create the best HTPC software it is important to keep an eye on the competitors ;)
In order to create the best HTPC software it is important to keep an eye on the competitors ;)
The German and half English translated free (not open source) HTPC alternative "TVOON" is very rich in features. If anyone have the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
... waeberd will try out........ you have a pm about a db migration tool, perhaps we can do something for.... greetz
... waeberd will try out........ you have a pm about a db migration tool, perhaps we can do something for.... greetz
How about integrating support for MAME ardcade games? http://www.mame.net All those long lost classic arcade games can be...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Indeed as mentioned the slower CPU users will be none too happy if it was default. DMAN
Indeed as mentioned the slower CPU users will be none too happy if it was default. DMAN
any of you see tivo's interface and how it has an animated background that makes it look snazzy? if you want to take attention...
Replies
Views
Hi triscan, yes that works! Many thanx! :) Flip.
Hi triscan, yes that works! Many thanx! :) Flip.
Since Frodo implemented the recognition of DVDs on harddisk a nice addition would be to be able to PLAY that DVD also, without...
Replies
Views
A
Thanks. I wanted to do that exactly, but I didn't had the credentials.
Thanks. I wanted to do that exactly, but I didn't had the credentials.
Dear all, the mantis db has logged bug 0000075 about TV standard presets not being used for SVHS and composite channels. I...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
just hit alt+enter and then minimize its not that much of a hassle
just hit alt+enter and then minimize its not that much of a hassle
I've mentioned this before, but would like to see it since I use my Mediaportal machine as a HTPC and a regular PC. Would like to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
But to be able to use this I need the Timeshifting as ffdshow needs a mpeg stream? I have currently no possibility to use timeshifting.
But to be able to use this I need the Timeshifting as ffdshow needs a mpeg stream? I have currently no possibility to use timeshifting.
Hi Frodo, I like (all) your products xbmp, xbmc and now Media Portal. Thanks for your job !!! I have a suggest for media...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Win LIRC support DE
Frodo, I am, that is the setup window as called from in the Media Portal Configuration window. Am I correct in that I can call /// <summary> /// OnAction() method. This method gets called when there's a new action like a /// keypress or mousemove or... By overriding this method, the window can respond /// to any...
Frodo, I am, that is the setup window as called from in the Media Portal Configuration window. Am I correct in that I can...
Just it
Replies
Views
A
Well you pay for their product - which is not needed for MediaPortal (I was just using them as an example). All the streams are free, they have just collected them for use in their product. It should not be that hard to collect a decent number of them from that app and searching on Google.
Well you pay for their product - which is not needed for MediaPortal (I was just using them as an example). All the streams are...
It would really be nice to have a My InternetTV Plugin that you can set up different publically avaliable streams. Holersoft has...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Sorry, i am no expert on the program. Have you tried to close cuttermaran and re-starting it before adding a new file? Also this problem might have to do with cuttermaran only being able to work with de-multiplexed files. If that doesn't help i have no clue. Try asking on the cuttermaran mailinglist/forum (if there is any). /Peter
Sorry, i am no expert on the program. Have you tried to close cuttermaran and re-starting it before adding a new file? Also this...
It would be nice to be able to copy and burn dvd and cds from within media portal. What i am looking for is some kind of gui...
Replies
Views
k, reported http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000073 Frodo
k, reported http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000073 Frodo
It seems that while watching TV in timeshifting mode and you want to change a TV channel , you have to wait for the timeshifted...
Replies
Views
A
With Kernel Streaming the windows volumecontrol etc. will be bypassed. With Kernel streaming the audio PCM data (from Harddisk) will be directly send to the soundcard driver. So if you make a secure cd-rip with, for example Exact Audio Copy, and plays it through Kernel Streaming to SPDIF, you get a 100% exact bit copy to your...
With Kernel Streaming the windows volumecontrol etc. will be bypassed. With Kernel streaming the audio PCM data (from Harddisk)...
Is it possible to add Kernel streaming code to the music output? As a high end music listener with external DAC would this be...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I know that you can not control the volume if you are using spdif out. But shouldn't it be possible to implement the mute function anyway (by disabling spdif out when mute is pressed)?
I know that you can not control the volume if you are using spdif out. But shouldn't it be possible to implement the mute function...
Hi, It would be nice to have an OSD when increasing or decreasing volume. Oh and a mute indicator. A nice slider bar which...
Replies
Views
A
something that could be intergrated! http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main
something that could be intergrated! http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main
Is there or are there plans to incorporate a front end for the Hauppauge MediaMVP into this project? Having watched the development...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Kazaa Plugin DE
plugins means for me not lanch a programm i will have 1 over all same looking system and not programms witch comes up....
plugins means for me not lanch a programm i will have 1 over all same looking system and not programms witch comes up....
I got another one, that i can find stuff @ kazaa..... greetz no. 4 Sonic*
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 MSN and Co DE
This has already been mentioned in a previous thread. Please try to build on existing threads by doing a search. Better to collect everyting in one :) http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=453&highlight=msn
This has already been mentioned in a previous thread. Please try to build on existing threads by doing a search. Better to collect...
and my last wish is that i like 2 chat at te programm with web cam. Also i like skype for phoning friends. And again greeets...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Mail Client DE
Yep, As me and my family has turned into using MP more or less as the standard GUI 4 all media in the living room, I found that the need for a IMAP mail client becomes more and more vital. IMAP mail client plugin. Is there any plugin work on this? :?: \Mess
Yep, As me and my family has turned into using MP more or less as the standard GUI 4 all media in the living room, I found that the...
And my scond one, is it possible 2 grab the outlook 2003 Web Access designe and put it in MP witch gets the Data from my...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Internet DE
oh sorry that u work arround, but firefox is no option for me. Like 2 see if u can make it with the IE NooTe Thx Sonic*
oh sorry that u work arround, but firefox is no option for me. Like 2 see if u can make it with the IE NooTe Thx Sonic*
Hola, maybe include a browser like in myHTPC simpleBrowser. Greets sonic*
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Please check frodo's comment on resuming DVDs ;) http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1373
Please check frodo's comment on resuming DVDs ;) http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1373
As mentioned by Azman in this thread. When playing a video/audio file that has been previously viewed, an option to resume at...
Replies
Views
A
I use MyTheatre to watch TV and I would like to be able to use the TV Guide from MP to change channels and to schedule recordings. MyTheatre has a command line interface to change channels and to record. Would it be possible to had a generic option to the TV Guide where we can configure the action for channel change or record to...
I use MyTheatre to watch TV and I would like to be able to use the TV Guide from MP to change channels and to schedule recordings...
I use MyTheatre to watch TV and I would like to be able to use the TV Guide from MP to change channels and to schedule recordings...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
*lol* he asked that 2 years (!) ago - i bet he figured it out (-;
*lol* he asked that 2 years (!) ago - i bet he figured it out (-;
Hi, I'd LOVE to have global shortcut keys. Example: I have a "MUSIC" button on my remote. I would like to get into "my music"...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom