MediaPortal 1 Talk (23 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
HI All, I'd like to chat with you about this. Is firewire recording possible in MP? Anyone using enhanced DTV or E* sat receivers to record HD via sat. Any comments on products offered or purchased at 169time.com Other comments or suggestions welcome. tia
HI All, I'd like to chat with you about this. Is firewire recording possible in MP? Anyone using enhanced DTV or E* sat...
HI All, I'd like to chat with you about this. Is firewire recording possible in MP? Anyone using enhanced DTV or E* sat...
Replies
Views
I have no Idea if this will make it into MP. Becuase of the e-mail... this is surley him. Rumor has it that Frodo has been working on what I would like to call... Next Gen TV Engine. Only time will tell :)
I have no Idea if this will make it into MP. Becuase of the e-mail... this is surley him. Rumor has it that Frodo has been...
Hi guys, I just found this googling: http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=6214 If you see the last couple of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 multi cd movies DE
Hi, 1) no sorry. The naming convention of MP is limited / strict. You have to stay as I mentioned. 2) Yeah, the picture lookup of MP is currently restricted to english amazon. Therefor the lookup for other languages is often wrong. Not much you can do against it. You may place your own coverarts in the directories. You can edit...
Hi, 1) no sorry. The naming convention of MP is limited / strict. You have to stay as I mentioned. 2) Yeah, the picture...
How mediaportal handle multiple cds movies?
Replies
Views
The first is that none of the offered skins offer decent quality at high resolutions, namely 2560x1600. They appear stretched and off-centered... even the widescreen versions. Have you attempted any screen calibration from within MP? Some other issues that I encountered were in the "My Pictures" screen. I have it setup to...
The first is that none of the offered skins offer decent quality at high resolutions, namely 2560x1600. They appear stretched and...
Hello all, I discovered MP about a week ago and I'm having some issues (some common and some uncommon i think) The first is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am new and I need advice. Presently I run a HTPC w/: AMD AthlonXP 2800+ GeForce 5700 256MB sv-out 768MB KnoppMyth MythTV XBOX modded w/ICE chip (+ XBMC, MythTV script, Avalaunch, etc, etc..) The setup works, but I barely know jack in Linux, so to do anything else in Linux (like dist. computing) is a PIA. So I...
Hi all, I am new and I need advice. Presently I run a HTPC w/: AMD AthlonXP 2800+ GeForce 5700 256MB sv-out 768MB KnoppMyth...
Hi all, I am new and I need advice. Presently I run a HTPC w/: AMD AthlonXP 2800+ GeForce 5700 256MB sv-out 768MB KnoppMyth...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Radio .pls problem DE
Hi, Whenever a .pls for an internet radio station has more than one server(numberofentries>1) defined then it seems that MediaPortal lists them all and I have to select one of them. Is there no way to configure MediaPortal, such that I select the .pls and it takes care of automatically cycling through the servers until it gets...
Hi, Whenever a .pls for an internet radio station has more than one server(numberofentries>1) defined then it seems that...
Hi, Whenever a .pls for an internet radio station has more than one server(numberofentries>1) defined then it seems that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Anyone know of a way of jumping to a radio station directly by way of a keypress? I would like to program keys 1 thru 9 as radio presets. So all I have to do is fire up MediaPortal, press any key from 1-9 and I am listening to one of my favourtie radio stations! That would be really cool! 8) Thx, KnightAzul
Hi, Anyone know of a way of jumping to a radio station directly by way of a keypress? I would like to program keys 1 thru 9...
Hi, Anyone know of a way of jumping to a radio station directly by way of a keypress? I would like to program keys 1 thru 9...
Replies
Views
thats strange infaredster, Things like that usually occur on video files that are sort of out of the norm. eg *.ts that have been recompressed with another codec or something and you can't skip, you find these types of videos do the same in windows media player, you try and skip forward and it doesn't let you. Another thing you could...
thats strange infaredster, Things like that usually occur on video files that are sort of out of the norm. eg *.ts that have been...
Two days now i have been working on changing over from MCE to MP. Here is a list of the problems i have encountered so far : 1...
Replies
Views
i use 2 remotes the imon remote for switching the pc on and off and controlling windows, and a medion x10 rf remote for controling mediaportal. the x10 remote works perfectly with mediaportal the imon is too sensitive but is fine for ecerything else.
i use 2 remotes the imon remote for switching the pc on and off and controlling windows, and a medion x10 rf remote for controling...
In my opinion, the remote is one of the most important aspects of the HTPC - the one thing you use to interact with your media...
Replies
Views
Many think that software radio will have a huge impact on the stash around us. For many years, advanced radio and communication equipment have essentially been application-specific computers running an embedded "OS" and a large part of the algorithms running on DSPs written in C code. Problem is, things such as DAB radio was so...
Many think that software radio will have a huge impact on the stash around us. For many years, advanced radio and communication...
Take a look at this: http://www.ettus.com/ These cards and software is supposed to be able to receive/send any signal. Even...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New & improved Divx DE
Thanks for that, tool will toggle so nice one!
Thanks for that, tool will toggle so nice one!
http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/codec/features/?p=3 8)
Replies
Views
i was only really keen for the gigalan because i got the cables for free so i thought install that and maybe make the network a bit more future proof. So when there is HD streams and higher Digital TV in several years time it should be all good in terms of networking.
i was only really keen for the gigalan because i got the cables for free so i thought install that and maybe make the network a bit...
Anyone running a htpc with say 1 hdd and then a server on the network in another room with heaps of storage containing lots of...
Replies
Views
Have they changed the visualizations as mine seem to be more "trippy" since the upgrade.
Have they changed the visualizations as mine seem to be more "trippy" since the upgrade.
available here http://tinyurl.com/ko5c9 anyone tried it with MP yet?
Replies
Views
  • Poll
I'm currently testing on Windows Vista beta 2...no option for that... also, don't ask how it's going...vista has no drivers for my turtle beach riviera...I'm gonna have to bug TB for a driver.
I'm currently testing on Windows Vista beta 2...no option for that... also, don't ask how it's going...vista has no drivers for...
Me and a friend of mine are wondering what would be the best selection. As many pointed to XP Pro (over MCE, and rate MCE...
Replies
Views
if you tell me wich skin you are using i could modify the file for you
if you tell me wich skin you are using i could modify the file for you
Can the teletext button in MyTV be disabled or is this a major hack? Teletext is not available in the US (sadly as Bamboozle on C4...
Replies
Views
Hmm ok and is there some utility to switch primary and secondary on ati radeon 9000 with one click? And it would be best if it move task from primary to new secondary when doing it. (ultra mon can't do it for me ...) And btw do subtitles work at last like vobsub can autoload them and i can disable them? And btw are there any...
Hmm ok and is there some utility to switch primary and secondary on ati radeon 9000 with one click? And it would be best if it move...
When i have ie. morgan media switcher, vobsub, mkvswitch etc. can it render audio/subtitles/video trought it and can i switch...
Replies
Views
yeah , but remember that the latest driver or software is not always the best... not eveyone has the time to try a zillion drivers or pieces of software to find the right combination... Don't get me wrong guys... i am all for MP, but at this stage, i just can't use it.
yeah , but remember that the latest driver or software is not always the best... not eveyone has the time to try a zillion drivers...
Hey guys... Firstly, i would like to thank the team for their support during my adventure with MP. Your support has been great...
Replies
Views
Yes, that's a good idea - start a new thread for each separate issue...
Yes, that's a good idea - start a new thread for each separate issue...
New user. New to both MediaPortal and TV tuner cards. IT literate. I've got a nice shiny new DVICO HDTV DVB-T Dual card and...
Replies
Views
Honestly: I am really lucky that DVB-C with encrypted channels do work for me now here in Germany.. No real need to have multiple ones..
Honestly: I am really lucky that DVB-C with encrypted channels do work for me now here in Germany.. No real need to have multiple...
Is this possible? Do not say NO to early.. As far as I know, DVB broadcasts several channels on one transponder. So when you are...
Replies
Views
Hadriagh I have not heard of this option, have the albums in artist named folder, as would rather search by ARTIST, yes a pain, one extra click on the remote. SteveV is doing a lot of work on my music (may be suspended due to bugtesting for release 0.2) and may well be incorporated at some time in the future. Regards
Hadriagh I have not heard of this option, have the albums in artist named folder, as would rather search by ARTIST, yes a pain...
I recently downloaded MP 0.2.0.0 RC4 and have been messing around with the MyMusic section trying to get it to my liking but I am...
Replies
Views
The thing is that a friend of mine was considering a Thermaltake Mozart w/remote and VFD - and we hoped not to spend money on one more remote... Does the PVR-150 (non-MCE ver.) from Hauppauge work on MCE? I'm gonna convince him to use MP, but some feautures are only available with MCE (on-demand video etc.). However, I belive the...
The thing is that a friend of mine was considering a Thermaltake Mozart w/remote and VFD - and we hoped not to spend money on one...
I know you can get hold of a blaster in some of the Hauppauge modells (like the MCE kits and the 150 non-MCE), but is there any...
Replies
Views
option 1, start setup mediaportal select the General node, and click on the + sign, you can now select skin when you select it, you can select one of the installed skins. close setup, and start media portal, and you have the new selected skin. option 2 In media portal select settings. select general select a new...
option 1, start setup mediaportal select the General node, and click on the + sign, you can now select skin when you...
I apologise for being such a newbie. However I was searching up and down the web site for a guide on how to change Media Portal...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Work in progress? DE
Hello there, I noticed that there are a lot of plugins, skins, and so on that are'nt finished yet because of many reasons. A lot of good idees are now wasted, if there was a "garbage section" other persons could finish it like the TV Series plugin. I was waiting for the new skins were raven was working on, but i don't think that...
Hello there, I noticed that there are a lot of plugins, skins, and so on that are'nt finished yet because of many reasons. A lot...
Hello there, I noticed that there are a lot of plugins, skins, and so on that are'nt finished yet because of many reasons. A lot...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 XBMC comparison DE
Right, certainly an "extender" is one such feature worth consideration; however, this is a sensitive word in the context of DVR's because MS has coined it as an RDP-fashioned relay (e.g. sort of a terminal services derivative/hybrid-codec). I originally wash pushing uPnP quite a bit, which I believe is now underway. If this were...
Right, certainly an "extender" is one such feature worth consideration; however, this is a sensitive word in the context of DVR's...
I looked for this but couldn't find it. It seems to me that XBMC still offers many more options for videoplayback and...
Replies
Views
no problems Roberdin... thanx for the tips :)
no problems Roberdin... thanx for the tips :)
Hi guys... Here is the scenario.. I have 2 PC's which will eventually both run MP. One is in the lounge room, and the other...
Replies
Views
Hey, that's after 0.2 released, can Indian and Chinese be added as well, always get huingry at night when watching TV. :lol:
Hey, that's after 0.2 released, can Indian and Chinese be added as well, always get huingry at night when watching TV. :lol:
The Swiss monthly newspaper OnlinePC (German) has compared six MediaCenter solutions in its current June issue. They compared the...
Replies
Views
I like the TCPMP Core Video Player better. More versatile, very good. J
I like the TCPMP Core Video Player better. More versatile, very good. J
Is there any form of MediaPortal that runs on PocketPC? Or any other app thats similar? Ive done a search but havent come up...
Replies
Views
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=11053&highlight=setup+composite+video Check the above link.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=11053&highlight=setup+composite+video Check the above link.
A little background: I've been using PC PVR software since around 1998-1999 when I was running Snapstream using an ATI TV Wonder...
Replies
Views
brillant thanks htpc_for_me, give it a try tonight when i get home
brillant thanks htpc_for_me, give it a try tonight when i get home
is it possible to have dvds mounted as Iso files but have descriptions for them downloaded from say imdb or dvd profiler, i have a...
Replies
Views
will channel name mapping be addressed in this new build? also, what about compression? i seem to be having a great deal of trouble compressing videos, so i have turned to divx to compress outside of MP
will channel name mapping be addressed in this new build? also, what about compression? i seem to be having a great deal of...
The first beta release (0.1) was focused on adding all kind of new functionality to Mediaportal. And if you look back, we started...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom