Newcomers Forum (13 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Just a thought: you might want to keep the files at decent to high quality incase you get a better TV in the future. It would be a drag to have to re-spend the time getting the movies onto the discs - it's considerable. Invest in a DVD-ROM drive known for DVD5/9 speed - this will cut ripping time considerably. Many Lite-On models are...
Just a thought: you might want to keep the files at decent to high quality incase you get a better TV in the future. It would be a...
Actually, I've been looking at this site and the Beyond Media sites trying to figure out options, and am firmly rooted in paralysis...
Replies
Views
I've been looking for similar functionality...but I think what I'm going to end up doing is ripping DVD's to mpeg2's with full quality, and joining the mpeg's for multi-disk titles. I loose menu navigation/chapters, but until there's a workaround.
I've been looking for similar functionality...but I think what I'm going to end up doing is ripping DVD's to mpeg2's with full...
I am a noob. I just loaded up MediaPortal for the first time this weekend and it took a while to get it to work. Funny enough I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Channel numbers? DE
In MP configuration, television item, look for the Channel Numbers section. "Select Channel Number by index (non-U.S.) should be CHECKED in most placed outside the U.S. where channels are just 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... If you are in the U.S., CLEAR this checkbox. If you type in a number that doesn't match a channel number (or index)...
In MP configuration, television item, look for the Channel Numbers section. "Select Channel Number by index (non-U.S.) should be...
Greetings, I'm using the TV-server, and I would like to assign a channel number to the channels, in order to be able to select...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 tv guide problems DE
Thank you loads......that works... You don't happen to know how to sort mp to fire up whilst my pc is on stand by do you?
Thank you loads......that works... You don't happen to know how to sort mp to fire up whilst my pc is on stand by do you?
My tv guide has no data. I've only just downloaded Media Portal and love the software but cannot understand anything about how to...
Replies
Views
Ok, but there is no "show GUI" under the learn List. Only under mapping, but i can't learn anything there. (Sorry i am an absolutly beginner in that). What i have to do?
Ok, but there is no "show GUI" under the learn List. Only under mapping, but i can't learn anything there. (Sorry i am an absolutly...
Hi, i want to learn a button on my x10 to switch between GUI and Fullscreen (the "X" keyboard shortcut), but i don't know, which...
Replies
Views
Heyya guys thanks for the reply :D Well, I did respond to the confirmation way back because I have created my own thread a long time ago... And I couldn't find my name in the nick list either (Yet I can login to that username!) Although I did find a thread I created wayyyyyyyy back, located here...
Heyya guys thanks for the reply :D Well, I did respond to the confirmation way back because I have created my own thread a long...
Recently I tried logging into my account ( NineT9 ) with success, but unfortunately I believe the account is disabled. I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MediaPortal running as a shell? (1 Viewer) DE
I am using MP as shell since I started with my first HTPC about 2 years ago. It is running like a charm, except of the common problems related to MP itself. One thing you should keep in mind is, that some default autostart stuff might not work, as it is fired only when using explorer.exe as shell. So some background tasks might not...
I am using MP as shell since I started with my first HTPC about 2 years ago. It is running like a charm, except of the common...
I would like MediaPortal to run as a shell instead of a Windows XP OS. This is so that when I start my media pc, only MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
i have tried this, but it doesn't quite work to well, it involves a registry entry to change the sole program from explorer.exe to mediaportal.exe, and as far as the log on screen, goto start ->run-> msconfig (enter) then goto the boot.ini tab, put a check in noguiboot and thee ya go. It's been awhile since i tried this, i cant...
i have tried this, but it doesn't quite work to well, it involves a registry entry to change the sole program from explorer.exe to...
Hello I am about to finish building a media pc specifically for playing music on my hifi. I have been recommended Media Portal...
Replies
Views
It took only a few seconds to start the recursive slideshow on my 12000-files library. Please supply logs and more info regarding your setup.
It took only a few seconds to start the recursive slideshow on my 12000-files library. Please supply logs and more info...
When clicking R. slideshow the software halts for about 5 minutes and then starts the slideshow. Is there any way to avoid this?
Replies
Views
I just reinstalled the newes version and now it works. Don't know what the problem was. Thank you.
I just reinstalled the newes version and now it works. Don't know what the problem was. Thank you.
My HTPC has only mouse connected to it. no kbd or remote. I'm using Mediaportal as frontend in fullscreen mode by default. Is...
Replies
Views
IRServersuite is most probably the easiest way to setup a remote for use with MP. Aaron has made it as user friendly as possible.
IRServersuite is most probably the easiest way to setup a remote for use with MP. Aaron has made it as user friendly as possible.
Hi does anyone know how I can find the steps to get hip working with mediaportal? I have searched everywhere in Google and i am...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Skin editor DE
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/there-need-skin-editor-69561/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/there-need-skin-editor-69561/
Hi, what editor can i take to edit skins? whats the best software? (sorry for my english)
Replies
Views
Looking into trying Media Portal....main focus its to have one main system that can stream OTA HD signal,QAM, as well as satelitte signal from FTA box to 4 clients PC. Would need to know minimum working requirements for clients, since I am planning to build silence/fan less rigs to minimize noise in zones Best tuner supported...
Looking into trying Media Portal....main focus its to have one main system that can stream OTA HD signal,QAM, as well as satelitte...
Looking into trying Media Portal....main focus its to have one main system that can stream OTA HD signal,QAM, as well as satelitte...
Replies
Views
Sorted with a reinstall using a more recent SVN
Sorted with a reinstall using a more recent SVN
I'm moving over from MCE and like how MP works but I've hit a problem with organising my music the way I like it. I'd like to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Newbie question DE
Discussion on firefly remote. hth
Discussion on firefly remote. hth
Hello, I been reading about MP, for the past couple of days and I would like to use it. My first questions is, at the moment i...
Replies
Views
Bioguyer, you may want to choose a TV with plenty of extra digital inputs, and a VGA input can't hurt. Otherwise, the same criteria you would use to evaluate performance on television and DVD's would be the performance criteria you would use for a tv in an HTPC setup. Choose the resolution that best supports your needs for watching...
Bioguyer, you may want to choose a TV with plenty of extra digital inputs, and a VGA input can't hurt. Otherwise, the same...
Hi All, I'm new to the forums as a poster but have read a great deal of useful and interesting stuff here since I started using...
Replies
Views
For him to stream you live TV, no. You could just watch that stream in something like VLC, depending on what protocol the stream uses.
For him to stream you live TV, no. You could just watch that stream in something like VLC, depending on what protocol the stream uses.
Hello, I am totally lost when it comes to this program. While i was home for Christmas, my father mentioned running myth tv on...
Replies
Views
Please use the German section of the forum :) (or use English) -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/deutsches_mediaportal_forum-f168.html
Please use the German section of the forum :) (or use English) ->...
Schönen Guten Abend, wenn ich versuche mp3 dateien wieder zu geben laufen sie teilweise nicht, auch die inbindung eines externe...
Replies
Views
Hey thanks for the details I shall try it out and keep you posted! ;D And yea I'm using the silver settopbox (not the standard one but SmartTV, the one with dual recorders that lets you record a show into the settopbox's internal harddisk while watching another show simultaneously). I've gotten it to work in Vista's Media Center so I...
Hey thanks for the details I shall try it out and keep you posted! ;D And yea I'm using the silver settopbox (not the standard one...
Hi, I came across mediaportal a while ago and decided to move over from winTV (bundled software with the HVR-900). I use a...
Replies
Views
Anyone? I've figured out the folder display picture though. Cheers
Anyone? I've figured out the folder display picture though. Cheers
Hi all, Firslty I think this software is brilliant and i'm glad i found it. I just have a couple of issues which I was hoping...
Replies
Views
I think it puts the comp to sleep.. But I remapped it a long time ago, so I'm not sure. It does not have any effect if MCE is running or not - no.
I think it puts the comp to sleep.. But I remapped it a long time ago, so I'm not sure. It does not have any effect if MCE is...
I have a new "Media PC" Built Round and ACER Aspire L3600. It is a custom built "Media Centre" with almost no documentation running...
Replies
Views
A couple of answers (not all of them)... 0.2.3 is the latest released version. The other versions you tried are not as feature rich, and are less likely to get support for. Daemon tools DOES work in 0.2.3. I use that all the time. Make sure that you have it set to the correct virtual drive number. It's easiest if you have...
A couple of answers (not all of them)... 0.2.3 is the latest released version. The other versions you tried are not as feature...
Being impressed with XBMC on a friend's Xbox I've borrowed a MCE 2005 from another friend and backed up the whole system with True...
Replies
Views
also make sure you have the latest version of vs filter. This solves 80% of the trouble people have here with playing .mkv files. If this doesnt solve it then follow the great codec guide(s) posted here on the forum recently.
also make sure you have the latest version of vs filter. This solves 80% of the trouble people have here with playing .mkv...
Okay, So I just downloaded MP a few days ago and have been up every night setting it up and customizing it the way I would want and...
Replies
Views
Thx! I updated my startpost with a new question btw :)
Thx! I updated my startpost with a new question btw :)
Hi, I just found out about mediaportal but I have one important question before I decide to set up a htpc. Is media portal able to...
Replies
Views
problem with unresponsive channel change is gone, de-fragmented the HD and registry and it's running smooth.. I am using media portal standard; I think ::o installed this one http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediaportal/MediaPortal_0.2.3.0_Setup.exe Might have to shell out the $20 for schedules direct but wanted to make sure...
problem with unresponsive channel change is gone, de-fragmented the HD and registry and it's running smooth.. I am using media...
Which plugin should I download for my regular comcast cable so that I have a TV guide? I'm in Colorado USA. Thanks
Replies
Views
Name of app. has been remove due to forum rules! EVERYBODY - please read the forum rules.. (Next time -> no mr. nice guy:D)
Name of app. has been remove due to forum rules! EVERYBODY - please read the forum rules.. (Next time -> no mr. nice guy:D)
As in topic. In my stationary dvd/divix player i have option who can skip all adverts and start to play dvd from first chapter...
Replies
Views
You don't need to use webEPG, i was perplexed by this at the begining also. Try grabbing EPG from the DVB Stream instead, find the checkbox in tv config. It'll soon start building up your tv guide.
You don't need to use webEPG, i was perplexed by this at the begining also. Try grabbing EPG from the DVB Stream instead, find the...
Hello I'm a newby to this, and I'm struggling to get this to work properly so any help would be great since when I started trying...
Replies
Views
Hello gen2oo7, this is not possible, some PCMCIA interfaces are compatible to PROGRAMM CAM Interfaces but not to descramble anything. Also MediaPortal has nothing to do with CAM handling, this is done on system level (see forum search for more information on this). btw: You still need a TV card for watching TV, just buying a CAM...
Hello gen2oo7, this is not possible, some PCMCIA interfaces are compatible to PROGRAMM CAM Interfaces but not to descramble...
Hello! Only one short question - can I use the PCMCIA Slot of my Laptop as CommonInterface for a CAM? Can MP handle CAMs that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Isolate DVI output? DE
Good to hear its working =) Happy holidays!
Good to hear its working =) Happy holidays!
forgive my ignorance! totally new to the theatre scene! I am using a DVI adapter to HDMI cable, is it possible to work in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD Import / Ripper DE
My solution to the "defective" plugin mentioned, is to use the inbuild plugin called "My Programs". You can add a "Application Launcher" in that. The application to launch should be someting like DVD-decrypter (google it). It accepts arguments. So you can set it to automatically rip a DVD when started. If you need more help I can...
My solution to the "defective" plugin mentioned, is to use the inbuild plugin called "My Programs". You can add a "Application...
Hey All, I am new, I just found mediaportal today and its great!!!, my only question is in the about page it says you can store...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom