Operating System (8 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
Hi Community I use MePo as Shell, but the problem is, to load Run key at startup ! i know Run key is loaded after Explorer.exe in...
Replies
Views
The devcon utility can be used to disable and re-enable devices. Having said that, it is highly highly unusual for such an action to be necessary for a GPU. Before recommending devcon, I'd recommend: Ensure you're running the newest official, stable driver. If the problem occurs in connection with MediaPortal, throw some log files...
The devcon utility can be used to disable and re-enable devices. Having said that, it is highly highly unusual for such an action...
Hi When my pc resumes from standby, I get artefacts on the display, I'm on Win7 64 ultimate, with built in hd4000 graphics...
Replies
Views
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in order to increase performance, and will continue to do so until about 4-10 MB memory is available. So this seems a very plausible cause :)
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in...
Hi! I have a HTPC setup which runs XP Pro SP3 with all the latest upgrades, newest drivers and everything is working perfectly...
Replies
Views
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, I'm looking for a (easy to use) bootmanger tool, to add a second Win7 installation to my htpc (for testing). Has...
Replies
Views
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over the top?
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: 1.1 MediaPortal Skin: streamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 CPU Type: AMD...
Replies
Views
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it might be worth considering Windows 8 - I have only ever used Windows 7. Is there any point/benefit in choosing Windows 8?
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it...
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I would suggest you check/swap the PSU. Sometimes you can have a fault with the 5V feed. Have you got another PSU you can test with? J.
Hi there, I would suggest you check/swap the PSU. Sometimes you can have a fault with the 5V feed. Have you got another PSU...
I've been running Win7 with MediaPortal since 2011 and have had no problems with the sleep functions. I have used PowerScheduler++...
Replies
Views
The only setting that I made is an automatic login. everything else does not interfere and works fine :):whistle::coffee:
The only setting that I made is an automatic login. everything else does not interfere and works fine :):whistle::coffee:
I have Windows 1o Pro - Version 1809. Is there a list exist for important or recommend settings for Win10 user? I try to optimize...
Replies
Views
After trying things over the last couple of days, I am having issues with some recordings going overtime. I have started a new thread here, which is a more correct forum to post a thread for solving these issues :) Otherwise, I am generally happy with the SP2 update. MLH01.
After trying things over the last couple of days, I am having issues with some recordings going overtime. I have started a new...
Hi All, Just wanted to inform people that Vista SP2 has been released to the public for download. It is the 5-language...
Replies
Views
It's a not supported configuration. And the footprint isn't smaller anyway.... The embedded flavour is just designed for people who create some kind of machine with fixed hardware and only running fixed software. Think any kind of POS terminal (e.g. ticket machines at a train station). It also brings additional support for software...
It's a not supported configuration. And the footprint isn't smaller anyway.... The embedded flavour is just designed for people...
since that MP can run on windows 7 embedded standard, we would like to use the smaller footprinted win emb 7 compact: does anyone...
Replies
Views
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV is connected by HDMI from ATI HD 2600 Pro card. The strange part is... I can hear the remote work fine (the Media Portal menu "clicks" are audible from speakers). But there is no signal to the TV...
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV...
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV...
Replies
Views
yes, load and run backupsettings https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/backupsettings-tv-server-media-portal-45715/#post308533
yes, load and run backupsettings...
Hello, I am going to make (finally) the transparent from WINXP to WIN7. My system is: MB: ASUS M4A78-EM. CPU: AMD5200...
Replies
Views
Due to the lack of multimedia support, and the ability to install them if you wanted, would not advise anyone to buy the "basic" version of windows, don't care how cheap it is compared to the working multimedia versions, it will cost you your hair\patience trying to get things to work. Regards
Due to the lack of multimedia support, and the ability to install them if you wanted, would not advise anyone to buy the "basic"...
I'm looking @ a couple of ION system to use as a extra client for my MP server. Now the one with Vista Home Basic is about half the...
Replies
Views
Hi! Link Best regards Helios
Hi! Link Best regards Helios
Hi Community! Windows 7 RC goes public -> Link Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Windows 10 and HTPC appearance (2 Viewers) DE
Yes, because Windows start all system services at first, like network, etc. this takes a time. MP2-Server is a service, but needs other services, like the network service or mysql in some cases. MP2 self is a autostart programm and these starts at first when all services are started. In my case I see now difference between Win 7 or...
Yes, because Windows start all system services at first, like network, etc. this takes a time. MP2-Server is a service, but needs...
Hello guys, I have moved to Windows 10 since a few months. Everything works fine so far. What bothers me is that the interface...
Replies
Views
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the way and everything seems fine...the movie will continue and finish. There is nothing from watch dog if I hit close. Everything seems very smooth in windows 7 and mediaportal and it seems to me that...
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the...
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning I woke up one of the clients and found the MePo homescreen to be frozen, showing the time of yesterday evening when I had switched off TV. The PC itself was still reactive, i.e. taskbar etc. functioning...
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning...
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning...
Replies
Views
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the harddrive. I normally used suspend with MediaPortal, but found out that when I used my MCE remote to turn off the computer sometimes Windows would do the shutdown and shutdown in hibernation instead. When...
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the...
Whenever I resume my Vista htpc pc from a suspended state, the hard drive goes crazy (ie. it's solid on) for about 5 to 10 minutes...
Replies
Views
Hmm, not sure why ntfs does that. There are some paid or trial defragging software that will move files to the beginning or the end of the drive according to the options you specify. I would defrag the drive using an offline defrag, meaning booting from the cd-rom drive or a usb drive and then defragging the hard drive. Just my two cents.
Hmm, not sure why ntfs does that. There are some paid or trial defragging software that will move files to the beginning or the end...
This image shows the allocation of a single 5GB recording (1hour of HD TV). The parts in red are where NTFS allocated the file...
Replies
Views
Has anyone tried to create a USB Stick with Android-x86 and ampddoid on it? Thinking this could be the perfect slim deployment of the client - no HDD, small memory footprint etc... I'll be trying it myself if no-one already has - just a case of finding the time! :)
Has anyone tried to create a USB Stick with Android-x86 and ampddoid on it? Thinking this could be the perfect slim deployment of...
Has anyone tried to create a USB Stick with Android-x86 and ampddoid on it? Thinking this could be the perfect slim deployment of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DCFWinService High CPU Usage (1 Viewer) DE
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Hello, DFS.AGENT.WinService uses 100% of CPU usage on windows 10 Laptop. So the CPU fan always runs to refresh the CPU. What is...
Replies
Views
off-topic, but I really hate CCC. From CCC 11.11+ onwards, my setting for overscan does not stick after a standby (let alone a reboot). So, I have been staying with 11.11.
off-topic, but I really hate CCC. From CCC 11.11+ onwards, my setting for overscan does not stick after a standby (let alone a...
I'm not sure if it does this at any other time or just when rebooting, but on numerous occasions I've checked the settings in CCC...
Replies
Views
IMHO Make backup image of Win 7, Free upgrade Win 7 to Win 10, check actiovation, anf if Ok, reinstall Win 10 from scratch :)
IMHO Make backup image of Win 7, Free upgrade Win 7 to Win 10, check actiovation, anf if Ok, reinstall Win 10 from scratch :)
My HTPC has run pretty well for years with Win 7 Pro x64, but since MS is dropping support and a few problems have cropped up, I...
Replies
Views
:thx: This was the solution!
:thx: This was the solution!
Hello, I have build a new htpc and have a little problem with background: I set Background to dedicated picture, which is corectly...
Replies
Views
Hi, when I play a movie with 24p, of course I switch the desktop frequency to 24Hz, to have stutter-free viewing. The same goes for 25p. Problem is 30Hz. My TV (Toshiba 47Z3030D) is connected via HDMI and all available resolutions and frequencies are automacially there, well sure thing. That meens I can switch between...
Hi, when I play a movie with 24p, of course I switch the desktop frequency to 24Hz, to have stutter-free viewing. The same goes...
Hi, when I play a movie with 24p, of course I switch the desktop frequency to 24Hz, to have stutter-free viewing. The same goes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose 1920x1080 and via DVI I am able to select the native resolution. Can somebody tell me if there is a solution to this problem?
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose...
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose...
Replies
Views
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8 http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/archive/2014/03/03/new-windows-xp-data-transfer-tool-and-end-of-support-notifications.aspx
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8...
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8...
Replies
Views
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a problem. when i manually choose the db from the clickfinder in my win7 installation i can only choose the free channels although my clickfinder in win7 is correctly configured with updates (beta2) and channels...
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a...
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a...
Replies
Views
Hey thanks, I'll see if it works with Win 7. Suppose I can make a bat file with NET START and STOP in it and fire that off..
Hey thanks, I'll see if it works with Win 7. Suppose I can make a bat file with NET START and STOP in it and fire that off..
Hi, is it possible to make TV Server and a second process running as a service, restart when the PC wakes from sleep? I have a...
Replies
Views
if your System RAM + Video RAM > 4GB then definitely go for 64bit. Otherwise it's user choice, I'd still go with 64bit.
if your System RAM + Video RAM > 4GB then definitely go for 64bit. Otherwise it's user choice, I'd still go with 64bit.
With MP 1.3.0 now officially supporting Windows 8 the old question returns to 32 or 64 bit. With Windows 7 I found that 32 bit...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom