Operating System (5 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
Hi, when I play a movie with 24p, of course I switch the desktop frequency to 24Hz, to have stutter-free viewing. The same goes for 25p. Problem is 30Hz. My TV (Toshiba 47Z3030D) is connected via HDMI and all available resolutions and frequencies are automacially there, well sure thing. That meens I can switch between...
Hi, when I play a movie with 24p, of course I switch the desktop frequency to 24Hz, to have stutter-free viewing. The same goes...
Hi, when I play a movie with 24p, of course I switch the desktop frequency to 24Hz, to have stutter-free viewing. The same goes...
Replies
Views
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal lies /program files (x86)/ so they need to be customized or have problems on 64bit. This is probably not really an isssue for the newer well written plugins.
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal...
Hi, I'm going to setup a HTPC with MediaPortal. The box is a Asrock ION 330. So my question is witch OS should I use...
Replies
Views
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64 version of Windows 7. MP is a 32-bit application, so will it run better on a 32-bit OS? Why can't I compile MP as a 64-bit application myself using VS2008?
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64...
Hello, I'm planning to install Windows 7 64 bit as OS on my HTPC. I know that MP is a 32 bit application. Are there any...
Replies
Views
Hey James, Here's your answer, works a treat for me: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/how-access-your-mp-while-its-being-used-wife-remote-desktop-78481/ Cheers, Jean-Marc
Hey James, Here's your answer, works a treat for me...
Hello all. Little problem I have with Windows 7 and RDP. I currently use a laptop win Win XP to remote desktop into my Media...
Replies
Views
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ongoing-htpc-projects-60/whole-house-technology-solution-75715/ Apparently, it is possible to assign a pci card to a virtual machine.
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread...
Heya, I'm wanting to build a server for the devices/pc's in my house to stream video store files etc, and FreeBSD seems to be the...
Replies
Views
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over the top?
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: 1.1 MediaPortal Skin: streamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 CPU Type: AMD...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked this. What i've done: - tested Bios ver 1.7, 1.8 and newest 1.9 version - double checked all cable connection / also removed all cables (on change) - tested nforce Drivers 15.37, 15.45, 15.49, 15.51 -...
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked...
Hi! I've buyed a new Board ASRock K10N78 and installed fresh Win7 64bit. Now i've the problem when i select shutdown it...
Replies
Views
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual here: TV-Server/UserGuides/Ramdisk - MediaPortal Manual Documentation -Jason
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual...
Hello, can anybody tell me how to inastall a Ramdrive with Win7 64bit? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Hello, I am in Windows 7 with the MP Christmas SVN. When MP goes fullscreen the circular windows 7 logo (the bottom left little...
Replies
Views
Due to the lack of multimedia support, and the ability to install them if you wanted, would not advise anyone to buy the "basic" version of windows, don't care how cheap it is compared to the working multimedia versions, it will cost you your hair\patience trying to get things to work. Regards
Due to the lack of multimedia support, and the ability to install them if you wanted, would not advise anyone to buy the "basic"...
I'm looking @ a couple of ION system to use as a extra client for my MP server. Now the one with Vista Home Basic is about half the...
Replies
Views
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Due to driver support for my motherboard I had to install windows 7 . I was just wondering which version is best ( most stable for...
Replies
Views
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free and an automated voice gives you a new activation code, you do not have to explain anything.
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free...
Hi everybody! Despite the title I think this is the right place for this post. Read on to see why. I would like to tell You of...
Replies
Views
yes, load and run backupsettings https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/backupsettings-tv-server-media-portal-45715/#post308533
yes, load and run backupsettings...
Hello, I am going to make (finally) the transparent from WINXP to WIN7. My system is: MB: ASUS M4A78-EM. CPU: AMD5200...
Replies
Views
Im planning to change my network setup and potentially using WoL in a similar fashion, so have been searching for solutions to these possible issues. You may find these topics useful, i haven't had time to read all the posts but think some parts should apply to you...
Im planning to change my network setup and potentially using WoL in a similar fashion, so have been searching for solutions to...
Afternoon all, I run an Ubuntu box as a SAMBA server, sharing my media collection. (recently upgraded to Ununtu 9.10) I have...
Replies
Views
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the harddrive. I normally used suspend with MediaPortal, but found out that when I used my MCE remote to turn off the computer sometimes Windows would do the shutdown and shutdown in hibernation instead. When...
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the...
Whenever I resume my Vista htpc pc from a suspended state, the hard drive goes crazy (ie. it's solid on) for about 5 to 10 minutes...
Replies
Views
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio driver 2.35. No crashing at all, but I still had no sound. So I connected the PC straight to my TV and the sound worked. So what we have here is an EDID override problem. After all of these driver...
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio...
So, I've just spent the last 3 hours returning my HTPC back to normal. At least ONE good thing about there not being a good...
Replies
Views
I still like XP Pro SP3 for my HTPC, but will upgrade to Win7 when it's matured. You could stick with XP and try the below suggestion
I still like XP Pro SP3 for my HTPC, but will upgrade to Win7 when it's matured. You could stick with XP and try the below suggestion
Ok, heres my dilemma. I currently have a machine setup which i use to store all my TV Eps and a few movies. Then in the lounge i am...
Replies
Views
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in order to increase performance, and will continue to do so until about 4-10 MB memory is available. So this seems a very plausible cause :)
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in...
Hi! I have a HTPC setup which runs XP Pro SP3 with all the latest upgrades, newest drivers and everything is working perfectly...
Replies
Views
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
ACM DOES NOT OFFER WINDOWS 7 ANYMORE THIS STILL SEEMS TO WORK, BUT BE AWARE THAT IT MIGHT NOT WORK IF YOU'RE NOT A STUDENT...
Replies
Views
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
I'm currently using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 x86 on my HTPC, but i'm now considering my options due to my next format. After...
Replies
Views
I didn't up untill a week or so ago, personally I'm aiming for "W7S" on my TV-server, but will run Home Premium on my HTPC I think, but might use Business.
I didn't up untill a week or so ago, personally I'm aiming for "W7S" on my TV-server, but will run Home Premium on my HTPC I think...
From DownloadSquad, posted Today. Source:Microsoft drops 3-app limit from Windows 7 Starter Edition More info:Let?s talk about...
Replies
Views
Avoid Hauppauge T500 lockup? I'm not sure whether this is a solution for you or not - which Hauppauge drivers are you using? I had card lockup with both XP and Windows 7 until I installed newer Hauppauge drivers: 3.11.27070.0 dated 11/3/09 for T500 2.123.27056.0 dated 25/2/09 for S2 These work fine with XP + MediaPortal and...
Avoid Hauppauge T500 lockup? I'm not sure whether this is a solution for you or not - which Hauppauge drivers are you using? I...
Anyone have working setup for Nova-T 500 and Windows 7? I installed MP 1.1 ALPHA and after that latest SVN Rev23361. Card is...
Replies
Views
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/how-setup-mediaportal-tv-server-windows-server-2008-x64-44962/
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details...
Hi, I have a home network with a Windows SBS 2003 server. I thought it would be really useful to install the MP TV Server on...
Replies
Views
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a problem. when i manually choose the db from the clickfinder in my win7 installation i can only choose the free channels although my clickfinder in win7 is correctly configured with updates (beta2) and channels...
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a...
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a...
Replies
Views
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Hello, "suddenly" going to suspend does not work anylonger :S I've set everything in system for going to suspend, but there...
Replies
Views
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Yesterday Microsoft released the Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows 2008. Anyone has applied it already on a PC with...
Replies
Views
Interesting post. I'm about to tackle a well needed reinstall of my htpc and might just go to Vista given the comments here. I've always avoided it due to the belief that it is bloated for the requirement.
Interesting post. I'm about to tackle a well needed reinstall of my htpc and might just go to Vista given the comments here. I've...
running media portal on an older PC which needs a cpu upgrade to run 720p (working on that) but my question is, if i intend to ONLY...
Replies
Views
Article - WSJ.com Windows 7 goes on sale October 22nd 94 (NINETY-FOUR) Variants?!!!!! 94 (NINETY-FOUR) Variants?!!!!! 94 (NINETY-FOUR) Variants?!!!!!
Article - WSJ.com Windows 7 goes on sale October 22nd 94 (NINETY-FOUR) Variants?!!!!! 94 (NINETY-FOUR) Variants?!!!!! 94...
Article - WSJ.com Windows 7 goes on sale October 22nd 94 (NINETY-FOUR) Variants?!!!!! 94 (NINETY-FOUR) Variants?!!!!! 94...
Replies
Views
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the way and everything seems fine...the movie will continue and finish. There is nothing from watch dog if I hit close. Everything seems very smooth in windows 7 and mediaportal and it seems to me that...
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the...
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the...
Replies
Views
:thx: This was the solution!
:thx: This was the solution!
Hello, I have build a new htpc and have a little problem with background: I set Background to dedicated picture, which is corectly...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom