It looks like (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please don't take this in a negative way, but if Meedio is purchased and the plugin developers are left out in the cold I hope that they can find MP as a happy haven to develop even better plugins and tools than they did on the Meedio platform. I want MP to stand head-and-shoulders above the other HTPC systems. But please don't think I want to stomp on some else to do it.

I never like seeing a company go under or get bought out if that wasn't the original intent and communicated to the "employees" and community. But as much as I hate to say it - the world changes and it seems like it is changing more dynamically and faster the older I get. I've been through the fourth "owner" of this pulbic company (maybe only in name change for some of those changes) in the last ten years. So maybe I am not the best to relate to experiences.

Mike

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Just read that post.... kind of crazy. I thought Meedio was doing pretty good with all the people supporting it. As I hate to see meedio go, this could definitely be good for MP. The more people know about another product (MP) that they can write plugins for the better.

chili

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2004
    somewhere in the bowels of Texas
    I agree. A lot of the Meedio users have been frustrated for a while. You know, when you BUY a product and it doesn't perform well and is not stable (MeedioTV), or needs techy type tweeking just to make it work properly (Meedio Essentials Sound and other issues) and then the support just isn't there for you it's hard not to be frustrated.

In the end, media software in the living room needs to be:
    1. very easy to setup & use.
    2. stable as a 2 ton block of lead.
    3. look & feel great at 10 feet with remote in hand.

I'm sticking here because MediaPortal is just.. this... close to achieving all of this (and I also enjoy watching the furious development going on :) ) thanks again you guys!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    IMHO - Frodo and the core developers at the beginning took the right approach when they started with MP. They went after the hard portion - the TV. Most other HTPC front ends (like Meedio) added TV or haven't yet created, or are "borrowing" other modules to be used inside they structure. So all I have to say to the MP team is keep going, the direction is right - everything looks good! My applause to the development team!

Mike

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    Could this be an April fools post? Either way, I am glad the wife said "no" to buying Meedio about a year ago.

Never mind, did some more reading in their forums and it seems not even the head developer (Pablo) knows what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread