OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wft? doskabouter fixed it and published the new site on 9/21...
    If you want to contribute JUST SAY SO. Give me/doskabouter the fixed site and we will publish it instantly.
    Where is the code/xml you are talking about you want published?

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi
    The Khan Academy is still broken. How do these things get fixed it is quiet frustrating. If they are all supposed to be open source then why cant anybody jump in to fix it , why do you have to email the author and then wait till he fixes it? If someone no longer maintains the site definition what is the procedure for someone to take over that definition.

Cheers
    whoa there buddy. Go ahead and jump in, if you have the skills to fix it yourself. The code is here. In particular, Khan Academy is here. When you get it fixed, send a patch to doskabouter. Clock is ticking.

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi all
    Sorry if it came across like I was having a go or anything I'm was just trying to understand the process of getting a non generic site updated. The Khan Academy is broken as of right now. I went into MP and OnlineVideos did an update. I then selected Khan it showed me a list starting with "Absolute Values" when I click on that I get an "Error getting category videos".

I have some Java experience but not much C#. I will investigate what needs to be done to get a plugin env setup, thanks for the link. So am I right in saying that all non generic XML based site definitions are in C# code?.

Apologies again if I caused offense.

Cheers

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Apologies accepted :)

Your statement about the generic sites is true at a global level, the genericsite is also an util but that one is more static, and released as part of the onlinevideos plugin, as for the others, most of them have one util for each site, but there are some which are a bit "in between". They use a more or less static util, but it still is contained within one of the siteutil-dll's (there's one for each contributor).
    Those are for example all sites based on the rtmputil or brightcoveutil. Not completely matured, but generic enough to handle more than one site.

And for your info: I'll start on the khan academy right away!

Edit: just tested, and as far as I could tell, almost all of the subcategories are working. And those not working seem to not have videos at all (at the website).

So could you double-check?

Last edited:

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i hoped this was over but its come back with 1.3.0.0 version
    I cannot play 75% of the videos.
    open browser same computer i can play all. Firefox or IE no problems
    Firewall is off
    Antivirus is off

only in MEPO i get error getting playback urls‎
    Any one have some ideas what i can try to fix it?

I only use OV for youtube, and i just hate that 75% of the things i want to watch dont play for no reason what so ever :(

MediaPortal_Setup_1.3.0_ALPHA
    StreamedMP-1.8.0.3157
    saf613

Last edited:

krist2

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great plugin, but it seem that the NrkBrowser doesn't work properly. Only the Alphabetical option works.
    NRK recently did an update to their online videos section.
    Any chance of fixing this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread