OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I was so confused today as OnlineVideos was no longer working. Then I updated the plugin and not it's better than ever. New skinfiles look great!

Emph

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was so confused today as OnlineVideos was no longer working. Then I updated the plugin and not it's better than ever. New skinfiles look great!

Emph

Aaah, so I was not the only one with troubles after doing the update.. I couldnt play any video after the first update.. I was getting the 'missing URL' pop up or something like that.. You? Maybe a bug in the installer? Don't know..

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Aaah, so I was not the only one with troubles after doing the update.. I couldnt play any video after the first update.. I was getting the 'missing URL' pop up or something like that.. You? Maybe a bug in the installer? Don't know..

After starting my HTPC from hibernation, I just clicked on OnlineVideos in Basic Home and nothing happened. Didn't have access to a keyboard at the time (baby on the lap), so just updated the plugin from the Extension Manager in GUI, restarted and voilá!

Emph

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was too soon with posting my success because it is still not working.
    When I don't enter credentials, the youtube plugin is working.
    When I enter them, the youtube plugin is not working

I'm pretty sure (after some testing) that this behaviour is due to my enabled 2 factor authentication for my google account.
    I'm not going to disable this desired extra layer of safety only to have my youtube account enabled in onlinevideos so I will have to remove my account details to let the rest of the youtube plugin work.

I would really like to make a feature request of this.

edit:
    Solved. I really should do some investigation first before posting here.
    2 factor authentication is not a problem. Google has got a solution for applications outside browsers which are not compatible for 2 factor authentication yet.
    After following the instructions the youtube plugin was working again. Yay!(y)

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where do I enter the application-specific password for Youtube in OnlineVideos?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see I have to right click on Youtube. Haven't got it working yet though, it just stops being able to load the categories once I've entered my email and password. I've checked the password a couple of times but it's hard to be sure it's right as I can't paste it and it's obscured by asterisks!

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to enter email, account name and password for it to work.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You have to enter email, account name and password for it to work.

Hmm, I thought the name was just a marker used by OV. I'll have to check my login details to see if I can work out what the account name should be.

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was looking to create a site definition for www.wwhdtv.com (Live CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News...etc), but see the streams are exposed as .m3u8 streams. Playing these directly in WMP causes the stream to skip every 10s or so. Does anyone know if mpurlsourcesplitter will/does/is planned to work with this type of stream?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I was looking to create a site definition for www.wwhdtv.com (Live CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News...etc), but see the streams are exposed as .m3u8 streams. Playing these directly in WMP causes the stream to skip every 10s or so. Does anyone know if mpurlsourcesplitter will/does/is planned to work with this type of stream?
    Maybe sometimes. But m3u (m3u8) is not stream, it's playlist. Every item in playlist can be video/audio of any type, so player should work as WMP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread