OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJC

Portal Pro
March 10, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Though I've been working through some issues with the help of doskabouter, I must say that I'm really impressed with OV. I dropped the live tv feeds that I've been working on for the last week to explore what else is available and WOW! I've been working on setting up an outdoor antenna for live tv and quite honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even necessary. You have compiled SO much entertainment that live tv doesn't seem so important anymore!

I'm afraid, however, that streaming live rtmp feeds simply won't work on my machine. doskabouter's help has permitted me to get more stations to stream, but the audio is almost always several seconds out of sync. It takes almost a minute for the feed to display on the screen and I think that the video is somehow getting a head start on the audio.
The other feeds in OV work perfectly. I can catch up on on-demand shows and the audio is in perfect sync.

Hopefully one day I'll stumble on a fix for the live tv streams, but for now I'll just enjoy what you have already debugged. Thanks again, this is a wonderful plug-in!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since OnlineVideos 1.1, we are using the preferred codec set under the Video tab of the MP Codec section (when possible, otherwise by merit). You can always check what codecs are in use with graphstudio's "connect to remote graph" when the video is playing.

GJC

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks offbyone. That's where I've been making changes to see if a different codec would help my audio sync problem, but I've had no luck. Audio sync is perfect for the links that came with OV, it's just my live rtmp links that appear to have the problem.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please attach your site xml so I can easily check if I have the same problem (unless your streams are geolocked and not available in Germany).

GJC

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's one you can try:
    Code:
    <Site name="+ US \ Bloomberg" util="Rtmp" agecheck="false" enabled="true" lang="en">
    <Description>rtmp tester</Description>
    <Configuration>
    <item key="playpath"><![CDATA[bloomber_en_high.sdp]]></item>
    <item key="swfVfy"><![CDATA[true]]></item>
    <item key="swfurl"><![CDATA[http://www.livestation.com/flash/player/5.4/player.swf]]></item>
    <item key="live"><![CDATA[true]]></item>
    <item key="timeout"><![CDATA[60]]></item>
    </Configuration>
    <Categories>
    <Category xsi:type="Group" name="test">
    <Channels>
    <Channel name="watch" thumb="http://thestreamdb.googlecode.com/svn/logos/8gbjm6.png">rtmp://media2.lsops.net/live/</Channel>
    </Channels>
    </Category>
    </Categories>
    </Site>

This requires doskabouter's latest update to work. However, I've only got it to stream video on my machine once and when I played with pause/rewind the audio went out of sync.
    When I get home I'll attach another site for Cinemax HD (UK) that streams reliably on my machine but almost always has bad audio sync under MP but streams fine in XBMC.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After testing it here *with* audio, and for *more* than 2 seconds, I have those sync problems also, and a stuttering video sometimes, so either my system is badly configured (which could well be with all the experimenting), or it's just a bad stream, and xbmc has figured how to properly display that...

GJC

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Agreed, it sounds like XBMC is doing a bit of magic behind the scenes or that they are using some other codecs.

Here are two more streams that work reliably for me but have bad audio sync:

Code:
        <Site name="Sky News HD" util="Rtmp" agecheck="false" enabled="true" lang="en">
          <Description>UK news</Description>
          <Configuration>
            <item key="playpath"><![CDATA[z050227.stream]]></item>
            <item key="pageurl"><![CDATA[http://www.tvsector.com]]></item>
            <item key="swfurl"><![CDATA[http://www.tvsector.com/wp-content/uploads/jw-player-plugin-for-wordpress/player/player.swf]]></item>
          </Configuration>
          <Categories>
              <Channels>
                <Channel name="Sky News HD" thumb="http://futubox.com/system/icon_ds/59/original/ski_news_hd.png">rtmp://s6.webport.tv/live</Channel>
              </Channels>
            </Category>
          </Categories>
        </Site>
        <Site name="Cinemax HD (UK)" util="Rtmp" agecheck="false" enabled="true" lang="en">
          <Description>Cinemax HD</Description>
          <Configuration>
            <item key="playpath"><![CDATA[z050221.stream]]></item>
            <item key="pageurl"><![CDATA[http://www.tvsector.com/cinemax-hd]]></item>
            <item key="swfurl"><![CDATA[http://www.tvsector.com/wp-content/uploads/jw-player-plugin-for-wordpress/player/player.swf]]></item>
        </Configuration>
          <Categories>
              <Channels>
                <Channel name="Cinemax HD" thumb="http://futubox.com/system/icon_ds/164/original/cinemax_hd.png">rtmp://s6.webport.tv/live/</Channel>
              </Channels>
            </Category>
          </Categories>
        </Site>

SID6.7

Portal Member
    August 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and first of all huge Thanx for hours of Fun using the Plugin!

I apologize in advance if my question is answered already, but my search did not give me the results i hoped for - maybe i searched for the wrong expressions...

I want to but can not get "myvideo Serien" to play.

I have installed the latest version and the video i try to watch plays OK on the site itself.

I'm on windows7 32bit if that is important. I do have the K-Lite Codec Pack installed besides the LAV Filters, could this be a problem ?

I can not download the video and can not play it by the only other player installed which is WMPlayer.

Your Time and Help is very much appreciated and sorry again, if i missed the answer elsewhere.

Kind regards.

Babdef

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    For everyone who's having issues with slow buffering and buffering to 100% before the video start playing; take a look at you antivirus software. In my case I had to exclude the Mediaportal process in Microsoft Security Essentials, after that video's now play instantly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread