Support Requests (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Is it possible that there is a problem within Music section with showing of Artists/Album images when there are special characters in the name of artist and/or folder? I have a pretty well organized database and still missing many images in MPiV. As far as I can tell this is always with certain characters (e.g. ' & () öäü).

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's possible. My database is not organized and I don't even use MP for music so I can for sure have missed that. Can you send me an example album that includes cover so I can test?

Edit. Is it in music view or now playing or both?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Edit. Is it in music view or now playing or both?
    In music view.

Can you send me an example album that includes cover so I can test?
    Guess I already found the problem. Dunno if its even MPiV-related. Let me give an example: I am using shares view normaly in MP. Everything is fine there. Now I have an "A-HA" as artist and their album "The Singles_1984-2004". MP generates a thumb for this in ProgramData\MP\Thumbs\Music\Albums which is named exactly like this "A-HA-The Singles_1984-2004". But in MPiV (which is using database) the album is shown as "The Singles: 1984-2004". So MPiV isn't finding the correct thumb since its not named the same way. So maybe/probably if I switch to database-based view in MP, I would maybe/probably have no album thumb too...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, please check in database view and report back. I checked the code and that looks ok. I could also see an album from artist with åäö in MPiV.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Checked it. In MP Database view the album is shown as "The singles: 1984-2004", so identical as in MPiV, but the cover is displayed! So there seems to be some kind of logic in MP that recognizes certain characters. Guess its not the most important issue to care about...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can you send me that album including covers?

mike9677

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i dont see any cover etc. in Moving Pictures or in TV-Series. i am still using MPextended 0.54, is perhaps this the problem ?

mike9677

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK. Just installed. But now. i cant start WebMediaPortal any more. I got error code 403.

Error code explanation: 403 = Request forbidden -- authorization will not help.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't use WebMP myself so I can't help you there. Are you using the 0.6 version of WebMP and not just MPExt. 0.6?

Users who are viewing this thread